IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 09:41 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?

So the wife is expecting in a few months and a few people have been telling us this car is just too small to be lugging around all of the newborn's stuff and that we will have to trade it in for a bigger car. Anyone here have a newborn child and still make it work or will I have to face the fact that I will just have to trade the Lexus in?

Last edited by Diesel350; 07-10-11 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-10-11, 09:48 AM
JDMis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 350 and my kids 3 now and i have no problems..stroller fits. baby bag can go anywhere thats pretty much all u need when u go. and some toys they can fit too.i do see why people would tell you its kinda small becuase things r much easier in my girlfriends car than mine but it still gets the job done, and i had a intake exhaust and mid pipe when he was a baby and he likes it now, not sure if ur modded a lil duno if thats a issue for u.
Old 07-10-11, 10:51 AM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 6 month old and so far it's working. Stroller fits, groceries and bags go wherever. I have the babyseat in the back behind the front passenger. So it gets a bit tight for the passenger since I have to drop the babyseat carrier arm forward. To do that I need to move the seat up a bit.

Bought a seat protector for $20 too. Comes in two pieces, bottom and back to protect your leather.

trunk, back, and front seat spacing:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?-trunk.jpg   Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?-back.jpg   Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?-front.jpg  
Old 07-10-11, 11:19 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!
With one child only, you can make it! We had a Chicco stroller and the snap-on car seat and they were fine. We had to pull the front passenger seat forward a little bit to make room for the car seat (rear facing). Then when it was time for a bigger car seat, we bought one of Britax car seats and since they are bigger, we had to pull the front passenger seat forward all the way and the front seat was completely useless and wife has to seat in the back. With our second child we won't be able to use the IS.
Old 07-10-11, 11:28 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Works for us....though we sold the TC and got a Pathfinder for most of the trips around town. Car seat is tight but the car seat fits. The only issue which can be a pain sometimes is getting the car seat out bc you have to turn it. But I will not give up the lexus period so you gotta just make it work.
Old 07-10-11, 12:05 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Ha, I was actually wondering the same thing. We are expecting our first little one too and everyone is telling us the same thing as well. I really don't want to trade in my IS though and I just keep thinking, "at least it has four doors. It shouldn't that hard right?"

Anyway, from what everyone is adding on here, it sounds like there shouldn't be a problem. Also, my cousin drives a Acura TSX which is pretty comparable in size to our IS' and they have no problems with their baby things/seat in the rear.

Congrats bro! and thanks for this thread
Old 07-10-11, 12:06 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Originally Posted by DreamerzCC
But I will not give up the lexus period so you gotta just make it work.
haha this is exactly what I said too
Old 07-10-11, 12:56 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ddhleigh
I have a 6 month old and so far it's working. Stroller fits, groceries and bags go wherever. I have the babyseat in the back behind the front passenger. So it gets a bit tight for the passenger since I have to drop the babyseat carrier arm forward. To do that I need to move the seat up a bit.

Bought a seat protector for $20 too. Comes in two pieces, bottom and back to protect your leather.

trunk, back, and front seat spacing:
Where did you get that seat protector? Keepin the leather from getting destroyed is a main concern for me.
Old 07-10-11, 01:07 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Where did you get that seat protector? Keepin the leather from getting destroyed is a main concern for me.
Just use a towel man, thats what i used when i had a child seat....

As for the IS with kids.... i dont see what the problem is, its a 4 door and its got a decent trunk.. i had an MKIII supra when i first had my daughter and i made it work.
Old 07-10-11, 01:11 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Toy's R Us. We got a bunch of gift cards there when we had our baby shower so we just bought it there. A towel would work too as the last poster said. The thing I have is like a hard fabric/cardboard material. When I need to flip it to front facing, I'll just attach the 2nd piece to the base using the velcro attachments.
Old 07-10-11, 03:00 PM
is250va
Rookie

I have a 07 250 and twin 2yr old girls. It works fine.
Old 07-10-11, 06:04 PM
AaronN
Driver School Candidate

I have a 350 and a six-week-old son. We have a Chicco stroller and car seat. The stroller is a tight fit in the trunk, and the passenger seat has to be moved slightly more foward than usual, but it's no big deal.

Congrats!
Old 07-10-11, 06:22 PM
bucwld12
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the new addition. I have a 2 year old and have zero problems carrying him and everything he needs. The wife and I are fairly short. (I am 5'7" and she is 5'4") so I guess that kinda helps. I do have a buddy who is 6'4" and he has no problems riding in the passenger seat either. I guess it depends on the car seat being used. Good luck and Congrats again.
Old 07-10-11, 07:26 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one front facing and one rear facing. No problems.
Old 07-10-11, 07:49 PM
KenMasters
Rookie

Exact reason I had to sell out of the Evolution program

Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?-dsc01121.jpg

Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?-dsc01124.jpg

I looked at the IS after she was gone, unfortunately it too was small. I ended up with a 2GS.

Quick Reply: Anyone here make it work with a IS250 and a Newborn child?