IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

-_- Someone hit my car ... while it was parked... was doing a photoshot

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 07:56 AM
CTlex7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this definitely does not surprise me. there are some TERRRIBLE old drivers in our area! where were you my dude?
Old 07-07-11, 08:13 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to see this man. +1 for old people (65+) having to take pass a yearly driving test.
Old 07-07-11, 08:32 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Damn dude sorry to see that. His insurance will defiantly cover it. Btw have Lexus fix it, I don't trust other body shops
Do you really think Lexus fixes cars? The dealer will just send it to a body shop.
Old 07-07-11, 09:27 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think 65+ people should stop driving period... But I am glad the OP is fine and the car will get fixed.
Old 07-07-11, 09:37 AM
armyastro
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If i see it right, you are illegally parked in a driving lane and behind parked cars and he got in trouble for hitting you?
Old 07-07-11, 09:37 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by my95tsi
Do you really think Lexus fixes cars? The dealer will just send it to a body shop.
Where i live there is a Collision center operated by what ever brand runs the dealership. I had a few work done form then and instead of just fixing the problem they just replaced the part
Old 07-07-11, 09:51 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by armyastro
If i see it right, you are illegally parked in a driving lane and behind parked cars and he got in trouble for hitting you?
I saw this on people's court once. It was along the lines that someone was parked on the street illegally and it was blocking someone else's driveway partially. The owner of house ended up hitting car that was illegally parked.
The verdict: it didn't matter where you park......if you hit a parked car, you're at fault.

I guess the theory is that one should have been more careful or gotten the situation handled otherwise (ie- found the owner, called someone to get it towed, etc). But you can't just hit an illegally parked car and then blame it on the other guy.

(of course, people's court may have edited out some other key details)

Last edited by mikes rx; 07-07-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-07-11, 11:50 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 516IS
I think 65+ people should stop driving period... But I am glad the OP is fine and the car will get fixed.
No, because when I'm 65 I'll still be good I think they should just require people to retake the driver's license road test when they reach a certain age. If they fail, which many will, they're license should be revoked.
Old 07-07-11, 12:29 PM
USMCgs3
Driver

I agree even though he was at fault, you ahold have just driven another 20 yards and had the lot to your self.... Now you have a ugly dent in your car and a accident on your carfax. Sucks bro hope they fix it good
Old 07-07-11, 12:43 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

^ +1. camry's fault, but you parking behind him caused the hit. i know, it sucks. park somewhere more isolated next time.

was he really drunk and is his camry really freaking gay? lol no need to bash a camry! camry v6 will smoke the 250's.
Old 07-07-11, 01:42 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

let me see here... u were parked behind a row of cars illegaly while doing a photoshoot, clearly there were plenty of parking spots further up. from the photos of the vehicles involved it does not seem there was much space for the camry to get out without several back and forth attempts, which lead to the camry backing into u.

does it suck that ur car got hit? yes.
do i feel any sympathy that u parked in such a way that it got hit? no.

my neighbors sometimes park their cars in the same manner making it nearly impossible for me to get out of my own garage. so i can relate and dont feel sorry for u.
Old 07-07-11, 01:46 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Damn that's messed up. Most importantly you're okay. Hopefully your car will be fixed right!
Old 07-07-11, 02:45 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

well his insurance took full responsibility and i m sending it in to get repaired tomorrow morning total damage came out to 1900 ... pretty much need a new door
will b gettin a g37 a rental so i m not complaining lol
but yea in the state of CT if u hit a parked car ur at fault
yes i get it bad parking by me but thats where i was told to park

btw CTlex i was in Southport Yacht Club in fairfield ... i m from new canaan tho
Old 07-07-11, 03:53 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 516IS
That ain't going to happen, nor should it as it has no basis in fact. I'm far more worried about young, inexperienced drivers than the older ones. Or the ones drunk, under the influence of drugs, texting, talking, fiddling with their NAV systems, iPods, etc, etc. which are overwhelmingly on the younger end of the spectrum. There are bad drivers of all ages and both sexes, let's have mandatory retesting every five years for ALL ages.
Old 07-07-11, 04:41 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

I had a feeling you would be getting a new door

Quick Reply: -_- Someone hit my car ... while it was parked... was doing a photoshot