IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Black 2IS on Stance Nation

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 11:56 AM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fine with replica wheels since it seems like all companies copy each other. However, trying to pass off the replica as an authentic is just sad. If I bought me some Varrstoens, I'd customize a Varrstoen center cap so there would be no questions. I'd be proud to rock whatever wheel brand I'd get.
Old 06-10-11, 12:22 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe this is HtownImport's car. Looks sick i need to roll my fenders like this!!!
Old 06-10-11, 12:34 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by khanhdom
what's so hard about stance? install coilovers and roll the fender a bit. Anywho fake bbs cap on fake wheels LOL
exactly...his car doesn't look that hard or long to make lol
Old 06-10-11, 12:34 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Guys c'mon, it's stancenation. It's not about the wheels he runs, it's all about stance. I bet there's the load of guys running BBS reps with caps and all on the forums.
Old 06-10-11, 12:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by steezy
Guys c'mon, it's stancenation. It's not about the wheels he runs, it's all about stance. I bet there's the load of guys running BBS reps with caps and all on the forums.
there's some truth to that.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
wow fake cap too? unreal~

What blows my mind is why some people don't see why this is wrong~ this is just one of reasons why alot of my guys here don't come to the CL board anymore, the 2IS board has changed~ many of you old timers here know exactly what im talking about (thou many old timers wont even see this post for this very reason)...

I dunno maybe its just 'the changing of the guard', guess reps are ok now/guess quality of mods is no longer a priority/guess the price of a used IS has fallen into the obtainable realm of ricers who think all this is 'ok'~
qft.
Old 06-10-11, 01:01 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow a lot of elitist ****** in this thread, I'd hate to meet some of ya'll at a car meet judging by some of these comments, so what hes got rep wheels and maybe rep caps. Maybe he doesn't feel like spending 5k on wheels just to be approved by some of you...
Honestly rep or not this car is sick as hell and if i saw it on the street i'd give him props, reps or not. He did it clean.

I'm sensing more jealousy than anything, I doubt any of the peoples rides here made it to SN (me included...)

Last edited by Deegee; 06-10-11 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-10-11, 01:31 PM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Ive seen this car on H~I.. Frankly it's your money do as you wish, now if I planed on sowing this car then I'd get real deal wheels. if not then who cares. Haters gonna hate
Old 06-10-11, 01:36 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

very sick ride indeed, seen this car posted couple times on this board, and i give props to the owner for achieving his set up.

however i think people are missing the point of this thread, and correct me if im wrong, but i think the OP is trying to say Reps should be branded as Reps, and Authentic should be branded as just that. for the sake and name of the Authentic product, its not cool to pass off a Rep as an Authentic product.

i for one have no problem with reps but i agree it shouldnt be labeled as something else. but it is his car and it looks hella dope! and he can do as he pleases. but you'll probably just get some blowback from the hard core enthusiasts.

it would be pretty funny though if his wheels were actually authentic though...and made to look like reps... lol
Old 06-10-11, 01:47 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NoAlias
Reps should be branded as Reps, and Authentic should be branded as just that. for the sake and name of the Authentic product, its not cool to pass off a Rep as an Authentic product.

i for one have no problem with reps but i agree it shouldnt be labeled as something else.
my point exactly.
Old 06-10-11, 02:12 PM
HtownImprt
Driver

first off, thanks for some of the complements guys

second, yes the wheels are Reps, I stated it from the start when i made a thread for you guys.

if anyone came up to me or asked, i'd proudly admit they're reps, figured since everyone knows they're BBS reps, why not complete it with BBS centers lol, Varrstoen only had blank red caps which looked odd, i have always been upfront about it

anyways i loved these wheels, but already sold them and picked up another temporary set, yes they're real lol

offset is (-4) in the rear
Old 06-10-11, 03:46 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

proper choice sir. im stoked on that offset
Old 06-10-11, 03:49 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Can't wait to see the new setup on the car
Old 06-10-11, 05:39 PM
guacamole
Pole Position

those are going to be insane on your car.
Old 06-10-11, 06:01 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Damn are they 19s?
Old 06-10-11, 06:12 PM
HtownImprt
Driver

Originally Posted by MashinA
Damn are they 19s?
i wish, they're 18s, going to ditch the Ings for the GFX kit and slam it of course

Quick Reply: Black 2IS on Stance Nation