IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

weather tech window visors

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 06:04 AM
The1Ghost
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Get what you can afford. It's your car and YOU be happy with what you have. That being said, I had the same problem justifying the price. Close to $400. sprung for JDM visors and I'm so happy I did cause you can't beat the fitment and quality of them.
Yea i kno. But i heard the fitment of the weather tech are perfect to and for the pictures it looks pretty flush...
Old 06-09-11, 11:01 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk08
I think window visors in general are pretty silly looking. What's the point?? Unless you smoke or something.. but who still smokes in 2011?
Because without them you can't crack the windows open when its raining. I like to have the windows cracked all the time, just because.
Old 06-09-11, 11:37 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok now that the subject has kinda changed~ What use are they for: when you park in the hot sun you can crack the windows a bit *let out the heat* and should it rain it wont get in the car, also you cant see if the window is cracked or not so it keeps the thieves away. I myself am a smoker but i don't smoke in lexi, if i wanna smoke i pull over
Old 06-09-11, 01:54 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

There is definitely a demand for the product otherwise there wouldn't be so many companies making them.

Steve
Old 06-09-11, 02:01 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Ok now that the subject has kinda changed~ What use are they for: when you park in the hot sun you can crack the windows a bit *let out the heat* and should it rain it wont get in the car, also you cant see if the window is cracked or not so it keeps the thieves away. I myself am a smoker but i don't smoke in lexi, if i wanna smoke i pull over
You can't wait until you're at your destination to smoke? :P
Old 06-09-11, 06:59 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Silkky
You can't wait until you're at your destination to smoke? :P
thats why i got a 350 VRROM VRROOOMMM
Old 06-09-11, 07:47 PM
simple
Pole Position

^^^ lol, good answer...!
Old 07-25-11, 12:13 AM
mike51O
Driver

Anyone got a picture of weathertech visors on there 350? Do they look as good as the AVS or JDM versions.. thinking bout going with the weathertech b/c of how it just fits into the windows.. thats a major thumbs up to me.
Old 08-01-11, 12:13 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah it would be nice to have pics of the three different visors. I don't mind spending the money as long as they are "the best." Over the years, most people learn that in the car game. If your ****, you can't stand spending money on something that's not of quality.
Old 08-01-11, 02:56 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

For those complaining about the weather tech or AVS that currently have the JDM " AUTHENTIC ", have you even tried the other brands first or seen them on someone else's car or actually test fitted the other brands before a conclusion was made to say MUST have JDM? I mean they all do the same job right? it's not like each brand is gonna give you 2-3 extra HP (LOL). besides aesthetics or is that more a Ethical dilemma between must have AUTHENTIC / OEM or never get knock off kinda thing

just wondering.
Old 08-01-11, 03:07 PM
DryEye
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you want to see pics of the weather tech visors check out "SUPERBRINO'S" thread. She has pics of the weather techs on her SFP 350

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...cha-think.html
Old 08-01-11, 06:59 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Whoa.....yeah the JDM ones are a lot sleeker and smoother looking with the lines than those ^
Old 08-01-11, 07:55 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by The1Ghost
Yea i kno. But i heard the fitment of the weather tech are perfect to and for the pictures it looks pretty flush...
I have had weathertechs all on my hwips and will NEVER stick anything on my car, weathertechs come off easy if need be and fit perfect, never had a problem. been using them for years, they dont warp, they stay put no noise

some people get quite heated over this ridiculous topic, ITS A MATTER OF PREFERENCE!

no big deal dewdz!!! sheesh

WT FTW

P.S. i also have the weathertech digital fit floor mats in hwip and my truck

Last edited by SUPERBRINO; 08-01-11 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-07-12, 04:23 PM
Alfa777z
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all. I've just installed WeatherTech visors on my RX-350. Got it from e-bay for $114.95. This is very good quality made in Germany product. It fits perfectly and very easy to install. It's called in-channel fitment and front visors don't use M3 tape. It looks pretty well and now I can leave my windows a bit open and not to worry about sudden rain. BUT! Attention! There was one slight issue. Since the edges of the visors and edges of the glass of windows share the same space in the channel it may trigger window's automatic safety reversal feature, only when you close the windows with auto mode. I had this problem with my driver's side window when I just installed the visors. The back windows worked perfectly. So in the first day right after the installation in order to close the window with auto mode I had to keep the finger on the switch all the way up until window was completely closed. WetherTech does recognize this problem and advises to leave all windows closed for at least 1 day. This is what I exactly did. The hot weather would also help. And now I can close my front window using auto mode and it doesn't kick back like it was on the first day of the installation. I do recommend this product. Good luck!

Last edited by Alfa777z; 06-07-12 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-07-12, 10:03 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by anthrax144
I'm sorry but $350+ for JDM window visors is ridiculous! What are you guys smoking?!? It's freaking molded plastic!
Yeah, and no one really notices it. But you know what, for people who do know the difference, it's awesome. And if I park next to a fully modded car with AVS, I look like a boss. Lowered on stockies and a medium tint.

Quick Reply: weather tech window visors