IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

varrstoen offset

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-11, 10:51 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default varrstoen offset

Ive searched alot of threads but couldnt find the right informantion. Id like to purchase the Varrstoen ES 1.1.2 here is the offsets they offer in 19's I have no idea what offset to go with....

Front:
19×9.5 +22
19×9.5 +12
19×9.5 +0

Rear:
19×10.5 +22
19×10.5 +12
19×10.5 +0

to further help you guys help me, Id like to have a moderate drop. Basically to get rid of some of the gap. Most importantly Id like for it to ride as close to stock as possible. I hate to drop alot of $ for my car to ride like a go cart. Ive looked at these current springs:
Tein S Tech
Tein H Tech
HnR
Im not against coilovers, and it seems like these would be the better buy. Id come no where close to slamming the car but Id like the adjustability and looks like these are my choices:
BCR racing
Megan LP
Megan EZ

My goal is to get rid of most of the fender gap and not have to roll my fenders, modify the inner plastic fender or tab. With that being said, I have no idea what tire size would be ideal to use
or what offset would be used for a moderate drop for no rubbing or fender mods. Sorry for the long post...
Old 06-05-11, 11:18 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are not looking to do fender mods & you are going to drop the car, none of those specs will work.
Old 06-05-11, 11:35 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Hmmmm..so even without lowering the tires would still rub?
Old 06-05-11, 11:47 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know the for sure answer to that. I would guess not bc our cars sit very high stock.

But even if the tires would clear, I would highly recommend you not do it. It would look terrible and very ghetto to have such aggressive wheels on stock ride height.

If I were in your shoes, I would get coil overs and get spacers for the stock wheels. A dropped car on stock wheels looks LIGHT YEARS better then stock ride height and after market wheels.
Old 06-06-11, 12:16 AM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

What would be ideal sizing spacers for stock wheels? I have stock 18's. Is it possible to have 19's with a diff offset than the ones I listed with a slight drop? I hate asking these questions but I have no idea WTF im doing when it comes to offset and tire sizes. Id hate to modify the fenders and such.

Last edited by HAYSTACK; 06-06-11 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-06-11, 01:25 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
What would be ideal sizing spacers for stock wheels? I have stock 18's. Is it possible to have 19's with a diff offset than the ones I listed with a slight drop? I hate asking these questions but I have no idea WTF im doing when it comes to offset and tire sizes. Id hate to modify the fenders and such.
10-15 mm for spacers, though that's based on a visual estimate. i'm sure others who have run spacers on oem 18's can give you a better idea of a recommended spacer size.

and yes, it is possible to have 19's w/ different offsets than the ones you listed.

however, the wheel specs you listed in the first post will look odd at stock ride height, and will not work at all without modified fenders at a lowered ride height.

also, offset = distance between centerline of the wheel and the inside mounting face ("pad") of the wheel, typically measured in millimeters.

the lower the offset, the closer the pad is to the centerline. as the offset decreases, the wheels will be pushed farther out from the car. the higher the offset, the farther the pad is from the centerline. as the offset increases, this will push the wheels farther in to the car.
Old 06-06-11, 03:04 AM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

I appreciate the info, Ive reading the thread with all the offset questions and Ive gone through 70+ pages so far. I like the style of that rim, just wished it had more optional offsets. Maybe I should just stay with 18's.
Old 06-06-11, 03:30 AM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's poke, You need higher offsets. 35-42
Old 06-06-11, 06:13 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered Linea corse Lemans? They look similar to the varrstoen wheels you're interested in, and has an offset that would work without any any fender mods.
Old 06-06-11, 12:02 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

I do like the Linea corse Lemans, just wish the center (mesh) was a bit darker silver. If I decided to go with a 19inch rim, would a +35 be a safe offset? that is with a little drop. Id go with coils, to get the proper, lowest drop without having to mod the fenders. I dont want the damn struts banging on the fenders or anything. This isnt my daily driver but Id still want it to ride good.
Old 06-06-11, 12:12 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

I just seen that he has some hyper black with a polished lip. seems to have a +38 and +43 offset.
Old 06-06-11, 12:35 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

honestly if you dont have or dont want stiff suspension and no fender/bodywork. dont do it.
Old 06-06-11, 12:50 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by steezy
honestly if you dont have or dont want stiff suspension and no fender/bodywork. dont do it.
Lower the car?
Old 06-06-11, 12:52 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

+30-something on how wide of a wheel?

and what size tires would you preferably like to run: narrowest tires possible to make the wheels fit, typical +1 tire sizing, or the meatiest tires you can stuff under the fenders?
Old 06-06-11, 12:52 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
Lower the car?
Yeah, you can lower the car, but your coilover or springs gotta be somewhat stiff. trust me...

Regarding tire sizes go with 225/35/19 front and 235/35/19 rear. Go with BC coilovers and have them give you stiff spring rates. And stick with the 22 offset.

Quick Reply: varrstoen offset