IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Touchscreen on my 2007 IS300 stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-11, 08:41 AM
moyezk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touchscreen on my 2007 IS300 stopped working

The touchscreen on my 2007 IS300 just stopped working. I took it to the dealer and was told that they had to replace the entire navigation system. The car is out of warranty and its going to cost around $3000.00 to replace the whole thing. Surely there has to be a way to repair the touch screen portion. I have just have to replace my Mark Levinson amp which died a few weeks ago at a cost of $1500.00. This certainly not the quality I expected from Lexus!

Any advise regarding the touch screen problem would be most appreciated?

Moyez
Old 06-04-11, 04:52 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Search the IS - Second Generation forum. Someone just recently posted a thread about an audio shop being able to fix the issue without replacing the entire system for a lot less than the cost of full replacement.
Old 06-04-11, 11:45 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Yeh but that person wasn't saying how to fix it, they wanted you to send it to their friend for repair lol. And since he's got a 2007 IS300, OP probably is far from the U.S. to send it in haha

There's been a few posts about this now though, hopefully someone posts a cheaper fix soon!
Old 06-05-11, 12:18 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Worst case scenario (i.e. not being able to fix it), get a used OEM nav, or check out the Fly Audio system.
Old 06-05-11, 12:08 PM
IS350inCA
Driver School Candidate

my dealer had me call a 1800 number of lexus, and after talking to them they said they'd pay for a new screen (apparently that is all that needed to be fixed) and all i had to pay was an hour of labor at the dealer to get it switched out.
Old 06-05-11, 12:20 PM
DJKIBBLES
Pole Position

there is this guy on lexusownersclub. His name on there is DcFish. He ships u a unit and you have to ship your broken one to him. So basically he is giving you a refurbished one for your broken one. If you are interested here is the link. He quoted me 850 for my car is250.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=52668
Old 06-05-11, 02:12 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks mine failed as well in on my 07 is350. but i was under warranty im interested to see how this is easily fixed. since only thing that was broken was the touch screen.
Old 06-05-11, 08:36 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350inCA
my dealer had me call a 1800 number of lexus, and after talking to them they said they'd pay for a new screen (apparently that is all that needed to be fixed) and all i had to pay was an hour of labor at the dealer to get it switched out.
Nice! Now that's Lexus service.
Old 06-06-11, 06:27 AM
moyezk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS350inCA
That sounds promising. Can you provide me with the 1-800 number and even better the part number of the components that were replaced.
Old 06-06-11, 08:07 AM
JimIs350
Driver School Candidate

I was very disappointed when the touchscreen on my 2006 died two months out of warranty. And shocked when told that they needed to replace the entire unit for more than $2000! I purchased an extended warranty for slightly more money that paid for this repair, and others that may happen in the coming years.

I bought a Lexus because I was concerned about reliability given all the gadgets on cars now. In addition to this expensive electronics failure the recall count is up to 5. I like my IS 350 and our dealership is awesome, but I no longer consider Lexus "special".

As a side note I got a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty for my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee for less than the 4-year extended warranty from Lexus. This fully loaded Overland trim Jeep has even more electronics than the Lexus, a sophisticated 4WD system, a nicer interior, and the MSRP was about the same as my IS 350 purchased several years earlier. Now that is VALUE!!
Old 06-06-11, 08:36 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JimIs350

As a side note I got a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty for my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee for less than the 4-year extended warranty from Lexus. This fully loaded Overland trim Jeep has even more electronics than the Lexus, a sophisticated 4WD system, a nicer interior, and the MSRP was about the same as my IS 350 purchased several years earlier. Now that is VALUE!!
Jeep offers a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty?

Can't seem to find anything on jeep.com about this... and the only thing I ever heard of them offering was a lifetime powertrain warranty (and even that had some fine print, and I thought had recently been discontinued)
Old 06-06-11, 08:58 AM
3sgte_slow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
^ Yeh but that person wasn't saying how to fix it, they wanted you to send it to their friend for repair lol. And since he's got a 2007 IS300, OP probably is far from the U.S. to send it in haha

There's been a few posts about this now though, hopefully someone posts a cheaper fix soon!
That guy was me, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I was just excited that I got it fixed and that person just so happened to be a friend of mine. And I was just trying to help the community out, I know this issue comes up a lot.

Mine crapped out, it took him a little bit of time but he fixed it.

PM me for info.

Also, my other friend got it done thru DCFISH so that is also another option.
Old 06-06-11, 09:27 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 3sgte_slow
That guy was me, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I was just excited that I got it fixed and that person just so happened to be a friend of mine. And I was just trying to help the community out, I know this issue comes up a lot.

Mine crapped out, it took him a little bit of time but he fixed it.

PM me for info.

Also, my other friend got it done thru DCFISH so that is also another option.
Didn't mean to call you out or anything, just meant that you didn't know the fix, you just knew someone who cud fix it
Old 06-07-11, 09:02 AM
3sgte_slow
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Didn't mean to call you out or anything, just meant that you didn't know the fix, you just knew someone who cud fix it

10 char
Old 06-07-11, 10:46 AM
Thinktwice
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3sgte_slow
The gesture is appreciated, but what would REALLY help the community out would be to let everyone know details for the fix. I know you're tryna help a friend make some extra cash, but just sayin...

Quick Reply: Touchscreen on my 2007 IS300 stopped working