IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11, 11:32 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...

...and I hope I dont have to use one to avoid any b.s. from the insurance company of the lady, who completely "plowed me from behind" (at least it was a lady??) while sitting at a red-light today. I knew it would happen eventually. At least she didnt hit me directly on the trunk lid.

What a day!

I DEMAND a rental with a custom sound system that will shake my pancreas haha.
Attached Thumbnails It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1225.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1247.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1255.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1264.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1268.jpg  

Old 06-02-11, 11:36 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

damm...

noticed something thou, all that and you dont have redouts yet?
Old 06-02-11, 11:40 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

a couple amps underneath the inside of trunk lip I'm hoping are ok. A few TV's are not getting a connection. I've been too scared to even try moving the monitors on the tracks behind trunk lid enclosure. Having a few local good A/V guys come to give estimates starting on Saturday, I'll let them watch it potentially fail or fall apart
Attached Thumbnails It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1224.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1257.jpg   It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...-img_1262.jpg  
Old 06-02-11, 11:43 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ouch. Will insurance cover the custom sound system?
Old 06-02-11, 11:47 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
damm...

noticed something thou, all that and you dont have redouts yet?
Ya. I know. I get that or "You should get blackouts" all the time. Perhaps you suggest red because of the factory "matador red" fiberglass. My plans were to eventually paint it to match or possibly black (now might be the time finally...if some fiberglass work needs done anyway). I've just never been big on red or blackouts. So many other things I want to do even though those would be a cheaper mod. I'm hoping this can work out in a similar way to how I received my Seibon CF hood. Was in an accident. Insurance (mine) paid for a new lexus hood. A Seibon CF hood was cheaper and I had a few extra bucks in my pocket.

Anyone want to make a guess as to if all of this attatched to my trunk lid will be supported by a CF Trunk lid?? That is, IF the trunk lid by chance needs replaced but I'm thinking maybe it can be repaired to fit properly, IDK.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-03-11 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-02-11, 11:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

sry to see. hope it gets fixed quickly
Old 06-02-11, 11:50 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
Ouch. Will insurance cover the custom sound system?
I was completely NOT at fault. i was just sitting at a red light when some lady hit me pretty hard. Either she slammed on the gas while behind me (i didnt see in my mirror) or she just plowed right into me without stopping because I heard no hard braking prior.

A police officer was sitting RIGHT THERE and saw it happen.

My agent once told me that they are required, by law, to put the vehicle into the condition it was in prior to the accident. I'm no pro so we will see. I'm pretty good at dealing with low-balling estimators though. I'm fully prepared for the fact that they will try to cut corners which simply will not happen.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-03-11 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-02-11, 11:50 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my, Patrick. That's terrible!

Hoping all turns out well for you.
Old 06-02-11, 11:57 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

thanks guys. I'm sure it will be all taken care of. I tend to have faith in most legit insurance companies (after some useless drama/arguing to get them to put out for the right parts which always ends the same..with them agreeing) and her's is not one of the super cheapo insurers. I might actually come out of it in slightly better shape than i went in with new parts but it's the drama of dealing with it, and being without my car for who knows how long, that is the pain. If it had been a big truck, all that would have been demolished so I'm fairly lucky.

OHHH..my neck. My back!!! My neck AND my back!!! I'm suing for 1 million dollars....or we can settle right now for a new LFA
Old 06-03-11, 12:02 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Though, really I'd love to hear any wild guesses (better yet educated ones) as to if this trunk lid stuff i have going on is maybe too much weight for a carbon fiber trunk lid? I know it's very strong stuff. I'm unaware of how these Seibon trunk lids are produced and what "attachment capacity" (?) they have. The fiberglass is, moderately heavy and I really cannot guess as to how much weight is behind it with all the motorized tracks. I dont think it's obscene but I dont want to risk it if it might warp or what-not.
Old 06-03-11, 01:52 AM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Depending on your insurance company and what you have covered. Also if the other person have crappy coverage, good luck at getting it back to how it was. I'm with AAA and I have complete coverage. Meaning I don't have to deal with the other person insurance company, I just have to give AAA the other parties insurance info if they have any. Even if they didn't, AAA will still cover me with no fault accounted to me. AAA will fix everything out of their pocket and go after the other insurance. The second I get hit, AAA will take over. Rental car would be the first thing they will give me. Hope it all works out. How much was that sound system with the custom work?
Old 06-03-11, 03:08 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Depending on your insurance company and what you have covered. Also if the other person have crappy coverage, good luck at getting it back to how it was. I'm with AAA and I have complete coverage. Meaning I don't have to deal with the other person insurance company, I just have to give AAA the other parties insurance info if they have any. Even if they didn't, AAA will still cover me with no fault accounted to me. AAA will fix everything out of their pocket and go after the other insurance. The second I get hit, AAA will take over. Rental car would be the first thing they will give me. Hope it all works out. How much was that sound system with the custom work?
So another person's insurance, who might not fully cover their own client's car in the event of responsibility, isnt fully responsible for any and all damages caused when they just run into someone? Even the "bad" insurance companies I've witnessed have covered body damage unless it's totaled but such a less desirable company would have a very high deductible making it possibly worth it to not claim. But I believe they are obligated by law to cover damage to another if the fault of their insured. Sure, that person might get dropped or penalized somehow but...they do their job from what I've ever seen. I believe that's kind of their primary function, no? Maybe I'm naive.

I suppose if not then that's when my insurance might kick in to help. I've been fully covered for 17 years with a more popular/reputable company with minimal claims. None until the last 3 years. It's usually an easy process. Once I just went in to my rep's office.. said I had a fender bender and needed a new bumper, I handed them a dealer estimate and they printed me a check right there in the office without even seeing the damage.

Given the lack of my fault/responsibility in this combined with ANY insurance companies responsibility/purpose and the backup of having good insurance myself, in case; I feel pretty secure. Knock on wood.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-03-11 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-03-11, 03:18 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

As for how much my system was: As much as i wish I could just outright say "I 'aint tellin muahaha$$$$$" but I'm not quite baller enough to just go out and drop, what would be an outrageous consumer price for all that, on such toys. After thinking a lot about it I havent even been able to guess what it would be. I should maybe have a few pro's give me an idea. I gloat and claim it as my own one of a kind, custom setup (of course I do) but, alas, it was second hand and not made for my IS specifically. It was still a chunk of change but ultimately more than worth driving from Dallas to L.A., staying for 3 days while it was swapped from one guy's car into mine.
Anyway, not to get off topic.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-03-11 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-03-11, 03:27 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn that trunk setup is ill, sorry to hear what happened though. Hope you get it all sorted out
Old 06-03-11, 06:22 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Time for ISF rear bumper too?

Quick Reply: It's a good thing I dont carry a baseball bat in my car...