getting g37 coupe wheels on my IS250..info please!!! - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

getting g37 coupe wheels on my IS250..info please!!!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-11, 02:29 PM   #1
ak89
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ca
Posts: 16
Default getting g37 coupe wheels on my IS250..info please!!!

My friend is selling me his powder coated g37 19" oem wheels for super cheap so i told him ill take them from him....ive done searches on CL but i couldnt find pictures or members with the g37 OEM 19" wheels....does anyone know if i will have fitment issues?? if you have pictures PLEASE POST THEM!!...
ak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 02:39 PM   #2
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

I don't think it would be a problem? I looked on tirerack look like the G37 has the same offset as our offset, it should be ok
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 04:10 PM   #3
Silkky
Lead Lap
iTrader: (3)
 
Silkky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 681
Default

Would be best to put them on your car before buying it. See if you like it first.
Silkky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 04:15 PM   #4
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Gville350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkky View Post
Would be best to put them on your car before buying it. See if you like it first.
Yep! If he's your friend, he should have nothing against this.
Gville350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 05:04 PM   #5
Evoaz92
Rookie
 
Evoaz92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ny
Posts: 83
Default

i would love to see this..please post pics when you get this done..thank you
Evoaz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 05:05 PM   #6
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
MyIS350G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NorCal - 916
Posts: 2,975
Default

I initially was gonna put the 19" G37 wheel on my 350 but couldnt find and deal so i went with Iforged. Theyre nice looking wheels and should fit without any problem.
found this photoshop version:

Last edited by MyIS350G; 05-02-11 at 05:08 PM.
MyIS350G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 05:34 PM   #7
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
projectdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak89 View Post
My friend is selling me his powder coated g37 19" oem wheels for super cheap so i told him ill take them from him....ive done searches on CL but i couldnt find pictures or members with the g37 OEM 19" wheels....does anyone know if i will have fitment issues?? if you have pictures PLEASE POST THEM!!...
front: 19x8.5 +43
rear: 19x9 +45

you may have rubbing along the outer sections of the fender lining, but typically at larger steering angles. no fender modifications needed.

center bore for infiniti wheels is 66.1, so you'll need 66.1-60.1 hubcentric rings.
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:34 PM   #8
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
front: 19x8.5 +43
rear: 19x9 +45

you may have rubbing along the outer sections of the fender lining, but typically at larger steering angles. no fender modifications needed.

center bore for infiniti wheels is 66.1, so you'll need 66.1-60.1 hubcentric rings.
no with that offset he won't have any issue of rubbing or anything the only rubbing on the front if he going to have larger overall diameter of the tire for the front like 25.1"
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 10:28 PM   #9
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
projectdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
no with that offset he won't have any issue of rubbing or anything the only rubbing on the front if he going to have larger overall diameter of the tire for the front like 25.1"
personally, i had light rubbing in my front fender lining w/ 225/40-19 and later w/ 225/35-19, though the rubbing occured at the far front corners and only at high steering angles.

comparing oem 18's (18 x 8 +45) vs. the g37 19's (19 x 8.5 +43), frontspacing is ~1/4" farther out.

also, comparing 225/40-18's vs. 225/35-19's (the +1 size of oem 18's), the overall diameter of the 19's is ~1/8" more than the 18's, making the 19's 1/8" taller.

1/4" farther out, 1/8" taller... not exactly noticeable changes, but enough change in size and dimension to cause light rubbing at high steering angles. the 2is wheelwell isn't cavernous to begin with, so any slight change in wheel/tire spec will affect clearance.
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 11:07 PM   #10
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
iSuxeL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 9,298
Default

He'll be fine, if anything just stretch a little bit.
iSuxeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 09:25 AM   #11
flektone
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
flektone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 908
Default

here is my 18" replica version.
18x8 35et



flektone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 11:41 AM   #12
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
personally, i had light rubbing in my front fender lining w/ 225/40-19 and later w/ 225/35-19, though the rubbing occured at the far front corners and only at high steering angles.

comparing oem 18's (18 x 8 +45) vs. the g37 19's (19 x 8.5 +43), frontspacing is ~1/4" farther out.

also, comparing 225/40-18's vs. 225/35-19's (the +1 size of oem 18's), the overall diameter of the 19's is ~1/8" more than the 18's, making the 19's 1/8" taller.

1/4" farther out, 1/8" taller... not exactly noticeable changes, but enough change in size and dimension to cause light rubbing at high steering angles. the 2is wheelwell isn't cavernous to begin with, so any slight change in wheel/tire spec will affect clearance.
uhm? maybe you have the 40 series tire on your that why it rubbing when you cornering? but I have 20x8.5 with 42 offset and running 245-30-20 nitto invo my only rub to back plastic liner when do 45 degree turn, but after i push that plastic liner back i don't have any more rubbing even when i drive at high speed and hit the pot hole it still not rubbing and i am lowering on F- sport springs and shocks
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 12:28 PM   #13
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
projectdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
uhm? maybe you have the 40 series tire on your that why it rubbing when you cornering? but I have 20x8.5 with 42 offset and running 245-30-20 nitto invo my only rub to back plastic liner when do 45 degree turn, but after i push that plastic liner back i don't have any more rubbing even when i drive at high speed and hit the pot hole it still not rubbing and i am lowering on F- sport springs and shocks
i appreciate you implying that i didn't know 40-series tires are indeed taller than 35-series tires, given the same treadwidth. however, i've specified in two separate posts that at high steering angles i had tire-to-fender-lining contact. i've also specified that i have said contact with 225/40-18 AND 225/35-19.

maybe i should've specified that i'm on coilovers and at a lower ride height than f-sport springs/shocks? i don't know, how many assumptions do we have to make here?

btw, w/ f-sport springs/shocks, you shouldn't have much tire-to-fender-lining contact with those oversized front tires (245/30-20), even if they're almost 3/4" taller than 225/40-18's. oh, you do know that your speedo and odo are being thrown off due to the difference in overall diameter, right?

the OP was asking for input regarding possible fitment issues, and i responded to that based upon my set-up. should i assume that he's on coilovers? maybe not, but i admittedly did, so my input was based upon that.

Last edited by projectdna; 05-03-11 at 12:31 PM.
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 01:07 PM   #14
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
i appreciate you implying that i didn't know 40-series tires are indeed taller than 35-series tires, given the same treadwidth. however, i've specified in two separate posts that at high steering angles i had tire-to-fender-lining contact. i've also specified that i have said contact with 225/40-18 AND 225/35-19.

maybe i should've specified that i'm on coilovers and at a lower ride height than f-sport springs/shocks? i don't know, how many assumptions do we have to make here?

btw, w/ f-sport springs/shocks, you shouldn't have much tire-to-fender-lining contact with those oversized front tires (245/30-20), even if they're almost 3/4" taller than 225/40-18's. oh, you do know that your speedo and odo are being thrown off due to the difference in overall diameter, right?

the OP was asking for input regarding possible fitment issues, and i responded to that based upon my set-up. should i assume that he's on coilovers? maybe not, but i admittedly did, so my input was based upon that.
Not at all even 245-30-20 is 25.6" in overall diameter of stock 225-40-18 which is 25.1" and Iam fine no liner damage here my front pics that I lowered on F-sport

ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 09:35 PM   #15
100degrees
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 257
Default

If you run the G37 rims you also need new lug nuts. The stocks will not hold the rims, it'll go right through the hole.
100degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Infiniti M45/M35 and G37 19" Wheels fit my GS350 Luxury? Kane007 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 6 12-10-15 05:44 PM
CA Volk Racing LE37T Wheels (19x8.5F +29mm, 19x9.5R +34mm) Blk97SC300 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 10 08-18-14 06:33 PM
3rd time this month! G37 rant Shawn808 SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) 13 03-31-10 10:04 AM
FL 19" Infiniti G37S OEM Wheels & Tires IAMJAVEDG Wheels and Tires Classifieds 19 01-12-10 07:56 PM
new g37 wheels ,spacer???? cegg20 GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 6 03-03-09 06:45 PM


Tags
19, coupe, craigslist, g37, height, info, is250, is350, oem, popular, ride, sport, suspension, wheel, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved