IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question about programming TPMS sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-12, 08:12 PM
Skyfox16
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Was anyone able to successfully program the TPMS with the mini vci cable?
I am also curious about this. I got the cable online for $21 so now i just hope im able to program my winter set and my summer set and not have to go to the dealer to have it done.
Old 01-09-13, 05:22 PM
350forMe
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, just curious if you were able to program your new sensors with that cable and was it easy?

I have new sensors that i bought on ebay and sure enough the dealership said they could not scan the sensors. I told them they were not Lexus sensors but that i had the serials that i can pass them so they can program it into the system. Of course they acted like they didnt do it that way (they were just being lazy) so i said forget it then.

I understand some here have took their cars to a place in pasadena? I will probably do that if its not possible to do it on your own.

Thanks
Old 01-09-13, 05:29 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skyfox16
I am also curious about this. I got the cable online for $21 so now i just hope im able to program my winter set and my summer set and not have to go to the dealer to have it done.
Just wanted to confirm that it is possible to program TPMS via the cable. After you get the software sync'd up with your car you can just go to the TPMS menu from the home screen and it should be pretty self explanatory from there. You will need the serial numbers from the sensors however.
Old 01-09-13, 08:22 PM
350forMe
Rookie

this is great news! i am going to buy the cable and hopefully i can download the software somewhere.
Old 01-09-13, 09:01 PM
Skyfox16
Rookie

The cable with software is on ebay for $26 i think, if you find the right one it ships from somewhere in the US so you dont have to wait as long to get it. (Most ship from hong kong).

There was another website that had it listed for $21 but was over seas.

Ebay listing title: "Latest Version VCI Portable for TOYOTA Lexus TIS Techstream Cable & Software"
Old 01-09-13, 10:55 PM
350forMe
Rookie

ah crap i wished i seen this. I ordered one from china :| oh well i dont mind waiting acouple weeks more. Hopefully it doesnt take longer than 3 weeks.

Thanks i really appreciate everyones help and input.

edit: i just ordered another one , from the US seller. I will just resell the china one on ebay once i get it. Maybe i can slang it here to someone in the forums. I will let it go for $20 lol
Old 03-24-13, 09:12 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there any place in New York to go to get mine reprogrammed besides a dealer? I changed my rims 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-15-13, 09:07 PM
fobguy
Driver School Candidate

Does the TPMS fit with low profile tires?
Old 05-04-13, 04:59 PM
guesswh0
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This seems like the thread I was going to make but decided not to since they may be the right place.

I bought 4 brand new wheels and tires and a new set of TPMS. I took pictures of each code on the TPMS so that I can know which side has which. When I was looking at my TPMS, I noticed that 3 were the same and 1 was different. Anyways, I taped painters tape on the TPMS (FR, RF) etc. So, I can identify it so I can program the TPMS into my ecu.

They said they were going to write it on the tire for me, but when I came back they forgot.. and so did I.. I realized it when I came home. I didn't want to take it back because the people there were a little rude and pissed me off and they scratched one of my wheels..

I just purchased the ATEQ quickset tpms tool so I can do it myself.

So, should I gamble on which side has which tpms since 3 tpms code are the same and 1 is different? IS there a way I can check the tpms code without un-mounting the tires? Any suggestions would help! Thanks in advance!
Old 05-04-13, 05:07 PM
Skyfox16
Rookie

As far as I know the car doesn't look at what specific sensor is on each wheel. Just as long as you program all four codes in. I think this is right since the car won't tell you what tire is low - it only had a low tire light - You have to check each one to see which one is low.
Old 05-04-13, 05:10 PM
guesswh0
Driver

^ wow, if that's the case, I am relieved. I got all of the sensor codes down already. Thanks!

Anyone else can chime in that knows for sure?
Old 05-07-13, 11:29 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

Guess who. Are u sure you copied down the sensor ID numbers and not part #s. can u post pics?
Old 05-08-13, 12:09 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 583 Likes on 393 Posts

The car doesn't know where the wheels are, just that there are 4 of them in total. It doesn't matter which is input where or where you put them on the car.

Jeff
Old 05-08-13, 06:46 PM
guesswh0
Driver

Originally Posted by lexo98
Guess who. Are u sure you copied down the sensor ID numbers and not part #s. can u post pics?
I believe so. I just took a picture on both sides of the tpms sensors for all of them and labeled them as I wasn't sure if they are specific for each wheel, but looks like it doesn't matter as the tpms are not that advance.

Which is the code that I need?

Name:  RearLeft-FrontSide_zpsd53acd9e.jpg
Views: 7673
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  RearLeft-BackSide_zps7cea88bd.jpg
Views: 7720
Size:  60.1 KB

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
The car doesn't know where the wheels are, just that there are 4 of them in total. It doesn't matter which is input where or where you put them on the car.

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff. Appreciate it!
Old 01-03-14, 08:34 PM
jinglis
Driver School Candidate

I am successful in getting the data on the TPMS in the Techstream program. It shows the codes for the 4 sensors of my "Main" set of tires. In that "Data" screen it also shows that there are 4 values for Main Set and 4 values for 2nd Set. But there is no TPMS option under the "Customise" Tab. How do you change from Main Set to 2nd Set? The vehicle (2010 RX450h) does not have a button to switch from one set of tires to the other. The dealer registered the snow tires (2nd Set) last year but I was hoping to do it myself. How do you do this under Techstream? Thanks

Quick Reply: Question about programming TPMS sensors