IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

cd player question?!?!?! headache!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 11:33 AM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player question?!?!?! headache!!!??

i just purchased my is250, i inserted a cd into my player.... and for some reason you wont spit it out.??? how do i get the cd out? is there a certain thing for me to hold? sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesnt... this time its been in there for over a week..??

why does it do that?
Old 04-20-11, 11:34 AM
sleets88
Rookie

you do know that your is250 has a 5-6 disc cd player...

it might be set to one of your other discs section
Old 04-20-11, 11:38 AM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sleets88
you do know that your is250 has a 5-6 disc cd player...

it might be set to one of your other discs section
yes i know that its a 6 disc cd changer... and when i hit the display on my navi screen... it shows that a cd is in slot #1, and i can see it blinking... so i hit or hold the eject button and it still doesnt pop out?..............=(
Old 04-20-11, 11:49 AM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

So much headache =(
Old 04-20-11, 11:58 AM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sonphung
i just purchased my is250, i inserted a cd into my player.... and for some reason you wont spit it out.??? how do i get the cd out? is there a certain thing for me to hold? sometimes it comes out and sometimes it doesnt... this time its been in there for over a week..??

why does it do that?
You don't say what year you have. If yours is new, then my problems were probably not the same as yours. I had trouble with my CD player on my '06, and it was replaced under warranty years ago.

You don't need to "hold" the eject button, just make sure the focus is on the number of the CD you wish to eject, and hit the eject button, and then wait a few seconds for it to come out. Have you tried inserting more than one CD?
Old 04-20-11, 12:13 PM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CWS
You don't say what year you have. If yours is new, then my problems were probably not the same as yours. I had trouble with my CD player on my '06, and it was replaced under warranty years ago.

You don't need to "hold" the eject button, just make sure the focus is on the number of the CD you wish to eject, and hit the eject button, and then wait a few seconds for it to come out. Have you tried inserting more than one CD?
i bought my car preowned... car has navi... i havent tried putting another cd into it yet.... been waiting for it to spit it out... also.... the cd was scratched and it stopped playing?....weird?
Old 04-20-11, 12:34 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Pre-owned? What year?
The damaged CD may be the whole problem. Try a new one. To insert just one CD, just hit the insert button. To insert several in a row, hold the button down for about 2 or 3 seconds, release and then start inserting one after another.

About that light flashing...I think it's trying to eject when the light flashes, and the light is constant when the CD just has the focus, or is playing.
Old 04-20-11, 12:49 PM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CWS
Pre-owned? What year?
The damaged CD may be the whole problem. Try a new one. To insert just one CD, just hit the insert button. To insert several in a row, hold the button down for about 2 or 3 seconds, release and then start inserting one after another.

About that light flashing...I think it's trying to eject when the light flashes, and the light is constant when the CD just has the focus, or is playing.
i have an 2008 is250, i tried ejecting it awhile ago and it still wouldnt come out... tried to insert another cd but it wont open up for me to insert another one... weird?

i also read in the owners manual that if the cd is in bad shape it could cause it to ruin the whole player? if this is so im kind of sad =(

is there anyway for me to get this cd out? the cd played fine in my other car.... hrmmm FML.... someone please help!!!!
Old 04-20-11, 12:50 PM
Peaches79
Rookie

why does it do that?

Are you using a copied disc? I had problems before where the disc I was using was copied and it was bad, so my player didn't like it and wouldn't play. I had to play around with it to get it out.
When you turn the car on hurry up and press eject on that CD. That is how I got mine out..if you give it a chance to start trying to play, that is when I noticed it got "stuck". Just an idea. Good Luck!
Old 04-20-11, 12:57 PM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Peaches79
Are you using a copied disc? I had problems before where the disc I was using was copied and it was bad, so my player didn't like it and wouldn't play. I had to play around with it to get it out.
When you turn the car on hurry up and press eject on that CD. That is how I got mine out..if you give it a chance to start trying to play, that is when I noticed it got "stuck". Just an idea. Good Luck!
hrmmm that theory sounds like it might work..... im going to give it a shot.....
it is a burned cd, i had the same problem with it not wanting to play certain tracks.... and then when it didnt play certain tracks... it just stop playing totally?!?! my guess is, its just the cd.... i will not put anymore beatup cd's into it again....

i am asking all of my fellow is250 owners to pray for me, and hope the cd pops out.... makes me sad thinking about not being able to listen to music while cruising around my neighborhood =(
Old 04-20-11, 12:59 PM
Peaches79
Rookie

hrmmm that theory sounds like it might work..... im going to give it a shot.....
it is a burned cd, i had the same problem with it not wanting to play certain tracks.... and then when it didnt play certain tracks... it just stop playing totally?!?! my guess is, its just the cd.... i will not put anymore beatup cd's into it again....

i am asking all of my fellow is250 owners to pray for me, and hope the cd pops out.... makes me sad thinking about not being able to listen to music while cruising around my neighborhood =(

Sounds like the exact same problem I had. Give my idea a try and let me know how it goes! Hopefully it works for you!
Old 04-20-11, 01:08 PM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like the exact same problem I had. Give my idea a try and let me know how it goes! Hopefully it works for you!
BLAHHHH!!!!!!! i tried it and it didnt work!!!!!!! I AM SAD =(
why wont this thing just come out?

i also even tried to put in another cd and it would let me.... the number #1 slot on my navi keeps blinking.....

also the two lights orange lights keep blinking but nothing is coming out.... FML FML FML

this really sucks...
Old 04-20-11, 01:15 PM
Peaches79
Rookie

BLAHHHH!!!!!!! i tried it and it didnt work!!!!!!! I AM SAD =(
why wont this thing just come out?

i also even tried to put in another cd and it would let me.... the number #1 slot on my navi keeps blinking.....

also the two lights orange lights keep blinking but nothing is coming out.... FML FML FML

this really sucks...
Did you hit eject as soon as you started the car? I mean the very second you start up? That is what I had to do and it came out. Try changing to a different CD selection (say the # 2 slot) and then go back to the # the bad CD is in and hit eject. If that doesn't work take it to your dealer and play dumb, maybe they can fix under warranty if you still have one. Sorry!
Old 04-20-11, 01:21 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

yours is a CPO- take it to the dealer and have them handle it....
Old 04-20-11, 01:23 PM
sonphung
Driver School Candidate

Did you hit eject as soon as you started the car? I mean the very second you start up? That is what I had to do and it came out. Try changing to a different CD selection (say the # 2 slot) and then go back to the # the bad CD is in and hit eject. If that doesn't work take it to your dealer and play dumb, maybe they can fix under warranty if you still have one. Sorry!
hrmmm... going to give it another shot before i leave to the gym.... i tried to go to the #2 slot but i didnt let me... maybe im doing it wrong?

ughhh the thing i was hoping the most was not having to go through the dealership.....

its ok, thanks for your help!!! most aprecieated =D.... ill keep you and everyone updated! THANKS AGAIN!

Quick Reply: cd player question?!?!?! headache!!!??