Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

made a new connect seperate from pin connector that 's would be easier

see this used relay 5 pole 2connector

Old 12-29-12, 12:57 PM
br3akenout
Pole Position

Reviving this thread. Just installed my headlights and the dreaded hyper flash is back. Yes, I did install the new flasher module. The flasher says good for 4 bulbs and i'm going to go out on a limb and assume that's 4 regular bulbs (non LED). I have eBay IS-F tail lights w/ LED Amber bulbs from VLEDs. Now I know this is 4 turn signal bulbs (2 front/2 rear) but I guess there just isn't enough current being drawn. Originally I had used the same flasher for my old setup of the original headlights (4 bulbs I believe on the 2006 headlights) + the 2 turn signals in the rear. I'm assuming that drew enough current for the 4 bulb flasher relay to work properly.

WITH ALL THAT SAID (and getting to the point)....has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a different flasher available that will work with this setup? I find the hyper flash quite annoying and i've got an order of chromebulbs on order just so I can get rid of the hyper flash for the time being. Anyone care to chime in? I don't think I want to add any resistors to the wires. I'd like a simple solution if possible but if not I guess i'll just have to deal with going back to regular bulbs in my turn signals.

Thanks guys! I'll get pics up as soon as i get the new F-sport bumper put in as well!
Old 01-20-13, 07:46 AM
SmokeyIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thinktwice
The LED strip doesn't function like my factory DRLs did (ie. automatically on if the low beams are off). They only come on whenever I turn my parking lights on.

From the stalk:
OFF - No lights turn on
PARKING LIGHT - Side marker, LED strip turn on
LOW BEAMS ON - Side marker, LED strip, Low beam turn on

If I didn't have the original DRLs (dimmed high beam) disabled at the dealership, that would still come on as well and function as it was supposed to.

The way I see my setup now is that I have full control of my lights since I never used Auto anyway. So if I want the LED strip to come on as my DRL, I just simply turn the parking lights on.
I have a question, what will be on if u leave the stalk at auto ? Thanks how do u disable the drl ( dimmed high beam ) ?
Old 01-26-13, 05:11 PM
SmokeyIS
Driver School Candidate

The LED strip doesn't function like my factory DRLs did (ie. automatically on if the low beams are off). They only come on whenever I turn my parking lights on.

From the stalk:
OFF - No lights turn on

If I didn't have the original DRLs (dimmed high beam) disabled at the dealership, that would still come on as well and function as it was supposed to.

The way I see my setup now is that I have full control of my lights since I never used Auto anyway. So if I want the LED strip to come on as my DRL, I just simply turn the parking lights on.
I have a question, what will be on if u leave the stalk at auto ? Thanks how do u disable the drl ( dimmed high beam ) ?
Old 01-26-13, 05:37 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyIS

From the stalk:
OFF - No lights turn on

leave the auto on and go outside and see what is on would be the easiest thing to do

for the drl, go to the dealers and have them turn it off with the techstream. lexus wanted 40 bucks for it, i got a friend at toyota who did it for free
Old 03-15-13, 11:52 PM
RspSupra
Rookie

Anyone in Denver who wants to install these for me let me know. I don't have time to even mess with them. I will pay you of course.
Old 04-07-13, 01:29 AM
BenES300
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you guys please look at this other thread that I started and please help me out with your advice.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-fogs-etc.html

Thank you.

Benjamin.
Old 04-07-13, 09:53 PM
pauklius
Driver School Candidate

I have a question I don't know if this has been covered but read through many pages and couldn't find it. I installed my headlight by moving the green wire to the third slot. The led strip only turns on when the headlight is on it does not work on parking lights. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 04-08-13, 09:40 AM
topspeed55
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by br3akenout
Reviving this thread. Just installed my headlights and the dreaded hyper flash is back. Yes, I did install the new flasher module. The flasher says good for 4 bulbs and i'm going to go out on a limb and assume that's 4 regular bulbs (non LED). I have eBay IS-F tail lights w/ LED Amber bulbs from VLEDs.
You can either tweak the relay or add a resistor in line with the LED. If you want LED turn signals that bad then I would go with inline resistor route. I don't know why people think it's so bad, it really isn't and the resistor doesn't heat up that much since it is flashing.
Old 04-09-13, 03:05 PM
Vibes63
Pole Position

I am having trouble pulling out the wires and reorder them. Is there a special tool that is required to pull them out? Or am I doing it wrong?
Old 05-13-13, 05:00 AM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Can anyone kindly explain why the Flasher Relay cube needs to be changed? from what i understand it's got something to do with the turn signal hyperflashing. but from what i can see my 07 is250 hid headlamp has one turn signal bulb and so does the new led headlamp that i have. So going from one halagon bulb to another, why the hyperflash?
Old 05-28-13, 09:52 AM
mannndc2is
Driver School Candidate

looking good with those headlight. i want to upgrade my 2010 is too. can you share how you install light, which wire we have to mess with?
Old 06-10-13, 08:32 AM
joedr
Rookie

Thumbs up

Hi Clublexus

I am interested on upgrading my ISF 2008 headlights to LED ones and it seems that there are a lot of topics on the thread discussion.

With all the replies about modifying the wiring and people ordering from Sewell and ebay... I lost track of the best option to upgrade the headlights.

So far, it seems that Sewell has a plug and play set but comes with a retail price. I do not mind doing modifications or re-wiring (as I have done many mods to my cars in the past) if I ended up saving a few hundred by doing it myself and buy them used.

What do you guys think is the best way to do this while been cost conscious?

Thanks in advanced!

Joed
Old 06-10-13, 08:35 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joedr
Hi Clublexus

I am interested on upgrading my ISF 2008 headlights to LED ones and it seems that there are a lot of topics on the thread discussion.

With all the replies about modifying the wiring and people ordering from Sewell and ebay... I lost track of the best option to upgrade the headlights.

So far, it seems that Sewell has a plug and play set but comes with a retail price. I do not mind doing modifications or re-wiring (as I have done many mods to my cars in the past) if I ended up saving a few hundred by doing it myself and buy them used.

What do you guys think is the best way to do this while been cost conscious?

Thanks in advanced!

Joed
Your best bet is to find a used set for sale in the classifieds.

Quick Reply: Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip