Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip - Page 15 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-11, 09:27 AM   #211
silvaIS
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
silvaIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 415
Default






Last edited by silvaIS; 10-23-11 at 09:32 AM.
silvaIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 12:38 PM   #212
davidky808
Driver School Candidate
 
davidky808's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HI
Posts: 10
Default

Looks good Joe Z! Also would you happen to know the part number for the led wire dome cap?
davidky808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 02:42 PM   #213
pavelekPL
Lead Lap
 
pavelekPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: il
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidky808 View Post
Looks good Joe Z! Also would you happen to know the part number for the led wire dome cap?
It comes with the wire that plugs into LED socket.
8112553540
CORD, HEADLAMP (ATM - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION) 02 In Stock $28.32 $23.56 $17.28
pavelekPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 05:28 PM   #214
davidky808
Driver School Candidate
 
davidky808's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: HI
Posts: 10
Default

^wow thank you!
davidky808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 08:00 AM   #215
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
Dj_AmtraX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 1,169
Default

Does the NEW Toyota Part # 81980-06020 flasher fix the alarm Arm/Disarm lights blink? I have LED bulbs in my turns and it does not blink when I arm and disarm the alarm due to an aftermarket flasher that fixed the hyper flashing.
Dj_AmtraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 10:28 AM   #216
Sango
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX View Post
Does the NEW Toyota Part # 81980-06020 flasher fix the alarm Arm/Disarm lights blink? I have LED bulbs in my turns and it does not blink when I arm and disarm the alarm due to an aftermarket flasher that fixed the hyper flashing.
No it will not because Toyota stock flasher are not for LED. You need to purchase a CF-18 which is for LED which solves the problem.

VLED's currently sell them but they are out of stock. Note, they put the Toyota part number on them to indicate it is for them however it is not made from Toyota.

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning...-p4481146.html
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 10:35 PM   #217
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
Dj_AmtraX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 1,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
No it will not because Toyota stock flasher are not for LED. You need to purchase a CF-18 which is for LED which solves the problem.

VLED's currently sell them but they are out of stock. Note, they put the Toyota part number on them to indicate it is for them however it is not made from Toyota.

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning...-p4481146.html
Does Toyota make one? Part number? I like to get one from dealer since V-LED is out of stock.
Dj_AmtraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 02:17 AM   #218
Sango
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX View Post
Does Toyota make one? Part number? I like to get one from dealer since V-LED is out of stock.
Nope, Toyota never made one designed for LED. Just the manufacturer's that make ones made to work with LED's put the Toyota part number to let consumers know it works like the original part number.

I'm waiting for V-LED myself as I sent them an email and they replied that they will have an ETA sometime soon from what they have told me.

Last edited by Sango; 11-13-11 at 02:24 AM.
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 05:40 PM   #219
fasttexasz
Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ca
Posts: 126
Default Sewell LED headlight repin

Any members that have got the headlight kit from sewell feel like taking some pictures of the wireing harness on there headlights? I recently did the MOD on my 08 IS-F but would like to know how Sewell redid the connector so the day time running lights operate as the LED's instead of the hi beams. Any help on this would be apprectiated and it would benefit alot of members to be able to do this mod a little easier.
fasttexasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 09:16 PM   #220
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

so like Joe said if someone who has the stock HID headlights and want to swap to 2011 headlights, they have to rewire the wire from the wire harness? not just plug into the original harness?
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-11, 09:50 PM   #221
fasttexasz
Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ca
Posts: 126
Default

Yeah I just did it this week end and you have to do it the way Joe did to get them to work. Im reaching out to see if someone bought theres from Sewell so we alll know how to do it the normall way so they will work as day time running lights at 100% during the day and 50% with the lights on at night. Good luck with your mod it was really simple.
fasttexasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 06:08 AM   #222
sick
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
sick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Md
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttexasz View Post
Yeah I just did it this week end and you have to do it the way Joe did to get them to work. Im reaching out to see if someone bought theres from Sewell so we alll know how to do it the normall way so they will work as day time running lights at 100% during the day and 50% with the lights on at night. Good luck with your mod it was really simple.
So, the Sewell kit is wired to work the normal way? I though it was either 100% or 50% i didn't know it switches.
sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 12:27 PM   #223
fasttexasz
Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ca
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick View Post
So, the Sewell kit is wired to work the normal way? I though it was either 100% or 50% i didn't know it switches.
Yeah the Sewell kit comes repinned so it works just like the new 2011 and newer IS with these headlights. 50% at night with headlights on and 100% during the day as the day time running lights instead of the high beams.
fasttexasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 12:59 PM   #224
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttexasz View Post
Yeah the Sewell kit comes repinned so it works just like the new 2011 and newer IS with these headlights. 50% at night with headlights on and 100% during the day as the day time running lights instead of the high beams.
so you mean the headlights kit that I just bought from Sewell would work like i should on 2011 model? even on my 07 IS? or do I have to rewire the LEDs wire to make it to work? and mine is stock HID not the halogen one?
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 02:06 PM   #225
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,079
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttexasz View Post
Yeah the Sewell kit comes repinned so it works just like the new 2011 and newer IS with these headlights. 50% at night with headlights on and 100% during the day as the day time running lights instead of the high beams.
Not sure where your sourcing your info....

To my knowledge they have it wired ONE way... and ONE brightness.... and it will not switch back & forth..
(see my post below with the Sewell quote)

Also, this thread is about installing them via the DIY method...

So I doubt anyone in this thread can supply pictures of the Sewell Kits wiring...

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-22-11 at 02:58 PM.
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware - eBay lexmaniac2 - Original Lexus Parts - LED Headlights zmcgovern4 IS F (2008-2014) 29 08-01-16 02:30 AM
Sorry...another MY2012 LED headlight question/thread. deestyle28 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 3 04-15-16 05:19 PM
Some questions on headlight swap to 2012 headlights R6Tuan IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 1 01-26-16 05:59 AM
2012 Headlights - LED strip as a blinker? runyun IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 19 09-27-15 09:00 AM
Pics of my new GS300 & Supra I sold. proboost GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 44 03-05-07 02:53 PM


Tags
06, 2011, 250, car, clublexus, hardwire, headligh, headlight, headlights, is250, led, lexus, lights, strip, upgrade

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved