IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Clean & Classy thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 06:34 PM
Yohan@Concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Going through this thread it is clear that "clean and classy" is a matter of opinion.

Originally Posted by wrussi
here is mine. mostly stock on H&R springs

Nice car

Originally Posted by ohiois350
well I am lazy to make my own build thread, can I join this thread too?
a little upgrade to the car

Don't try and fit three years in 4 pictures and 1 post, come on man! car is looking great.
Old 03-26-13, 06:41 PM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peyman
sick car + beautiful wheels
Thank you! This is the last week I'll be enjoying the wheels sadly... New year, new shoes!
Old 03-26-13, 09:07 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Yohan@Concavo

Nice car

Don't try and fit three years in 4 pictures and 1 post, come on man! car is looking great.
Lol i know man, but the weather here in Ohio not allow me to get the car out for the clean and photoshot, i would make my own build thread soon
Old 03-26-13, 10:03 PM
Tasty
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Classy enough?
Attached Thumbnails Clean & Classy thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-26-13, 10:07 PM
Tasty
Driver

Subtle? Hope so
Attached Thumbnails Clean & Classy thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-27-13, 02:19 AM
gerill2p
Lead Lap

looks really good.
Old 03-27-13, 06:18 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

So far off of the mark... it may be "classy" to some, but I believe everyone would agree that is the VIP look and not the clean and classy type

Originally Posted by sick
Post if your has car has the clean, classy, sophisticated look. I.E subtle lip, wheels, suspension etc..

No slammed/dumped, ganster, agrressive, murdered out look. Not that anything wrong with those type's of looks or anything. I'm just looking for a simple yet effective style.
Again, for reference - this is an ideal "clean and classy" look. Subtle lip, average drop, clean wheels, tinted windows - car still looks very OEM, but slightly improved.
Name:  gencoupewheels.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  400.5 KB
Old 03-27-13, 06:21 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

This ones for Yohan. Clean and Classy w/ style
Attached Thumbnails Clean & Classy thread-photo.jpg  
Old 03-27-13, 06:23 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
So far off of the mark... it may be "classy" to some, but I believe everyone would agree that is the VIP look and not the clean and classy type

Again, for reference - this is an ideal "clean and classy" look. Subtle lip, average drop, clean wheels, tinted windows - car still looks very OEM, but slightly improved.
Clean and Classy doesnt have to be subtle mods keeping it close to oem. Clean and Classy is whatever you want it to be. Its an opinion of a person who has modded their car who feels it meets the standards in this thread. Who cares how low, how big, how modded a car may be if they feel its Clean/Classy then to them it is.
Old 03-27-13, 06:33 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

I agree with you 100%
Old 03-27-13, 07:12 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Agree with zmcgovern4 and bob4256.

Clean and classy is not a blanket description that can apply to whatever you want it to. You wouldn't do the same thing when describing syles like hellaflush, VIP, etc. IE you wouldn't call dubsesd's car hellaflush or VIP.

You CAN classify a stock car as clean and classy based on the condition of the car and in some cases, the brand. A perfect example is a bone-stock Jaguar XJ..

You can also compare the Bentley Continental to the Lamborghini Murcielago. Both clean, but the Continental is clearly classy, while the Murcielago is quite obviously a sports car.

Certain standards have been set out that define this style, just like any other style. Of course, your own opinion is yours to have, so if you think you car is clean and classy, post up. Just know that there will be people who will offer up their own opinions, so take them with a grain of salt.
Old 03-27-13, 07:18 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Agree with zmcgovern4 and bob4256.

Clean and classy is not a blanket description that can apply to whatever you want it to. You wouldn't do the same thing when describing syles like hellaflush, VIP, etc. IE you wouldn't call dubsesd's car hellaflush or VIP.

You CAN classify a stock car as clean and classy based on the condition of the car and in some cases, the brand. A perfect example is a bone-stock Jaguar XJ..

You can also compare the Bentley Continental to the Lamborghini Murcielago. Both clean, but the Continental is clearly classy, while the Murcielago is quite obviously a sports car.

Certain standards have been set out that define this style, just like any other style. Of course, your own opinion is yours to have, so if you think you car is clean and classy, post up. Just know that there will be people who will offer up their own opinions, so take them with a grain of salt.
I also agree with you but there isnt a set of rules to classify a car as clean or classy; it ends up being a matter of opinion.

Still though, this thread is starting to look like the pic of your car right now thread
Old 03-27-13, 07:44 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

To each their own. Im on the fence on where the line gets drawn. But hey as long as none of us are looking like a Chevy Malibu painted lime green on 22' spinners I think we could all be considered clean and classy and mean hey we do drive a lexus
Old 03-27-13, 08:22 AM
JayDMiS
Driver

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
To each their own. Im on the fence on where the line gets drawn. But hey as long as none of us are looking like a Chevy Malibu painted lime green on 22' spinners I think we could all be considered clean and classy and mean hey we do drive a lexus
So you're saying you don't like spinners?
Old 03-27-13, 09:47 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
This ones for Yohan. Clean and Classy w/ style

hahaha you know how I feel about your car ! Everything except that sticker and its placement

Quick Reply: Clean & Classy thread