IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2+ years trying to find the right car - IS250 Truffle Mica AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 04:32 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually found one on the JM Lexus website. Great color!!
Old 01-28-11, 04:36 PM
ohiostate
Driver

Pics or it did not happen
Old 01-28-11, 04:38 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

congrats for sticking with the search after such a long time. good luck.
Old 01-28-11, 05:44 PM
foam
Driver

Originally Posted by skytribe
Eventually after working on this for 2+ years trying to find a decent priced IS250 AWD in Truffle mica, I've found one and have purchased one. I'd never though that obtaining a specific color would be so so difficult.

What a difference in Sales technique between dealers.
  • Lexus of Bellevue,WA - hi pressure, won't give you a price online, wont move off MSRP. Want Sticker for CPO vehicles and want to sell me what they have on the lot not what I want.
  • Germain Lexus of Easton, OH - Much more friendly, work a deal, No Pressure and super friendly

So Germain makes the sale and I'm now the owner of a Lexus or at least when it gets delivered in weeks time.
I was about to buy a CPO 350 from Bellevue, good thing it sold before I went in to talk to them about pricing. Seems like it would have been a waste of my time.
Old 01-28-11, 06:20 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I'm confused. OP - you got a price quote from two dealers halfway across the country from each other. Where do you live?
Old 01-28-11, 06:22 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

This is the vehicle. As my wife commented "they might have cleaned it before they took the pictures" but it was snowy in OH.

Lexus of Bellevue were a right royal pain for 2 years.

Last year I went to get Bellevue because I was interested and they told me it would take 15 minutes. 2 Hours I later I walked out, because they were just wasting my time.

The year before me an my wife took a test drive and sat for another 2+ hours.

Patience I have but if I'm paying this much for a vehicle - I want what I want.
Old 01-28-11, 06:25 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the vehicle. As my wife commented "they might have cleaned it before they took the pictures" but it was snowy in OH.

Last year I went to get Bellevue because I was interested and they told me it would take 15 minutes. 2 Hours I later I walked out, because they were just wasting my time.

Ahh I see so you are from the area then? Since you mention you were waiting for it to arrive, it sounds like you are having a shipping company ship the vehicle to you correct?

I may consider looking at this dealer for my next IS (date to be determined). May I should use a bet like stragety tactic (co-worker told me he did this for his new Ford disel truck which needs to pull boats) between the two which in a way forces them to reveal the price because either one of the dealers would want to take the sale for the customer.
Old 01-28-11, 06:27 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sktn77a
I'm confused. OP - you got a price quote from two dealers halfway across the country from each other. Where do you live?
Dont be confused - I live in WA but if you go searching for Truffle Mica AWD IS250 online and see how many you can find. Then you will realize that if thats what you want then you have to search further.Then narrow it down to an Ecru interior - it gets even less.

I'd moved two vehicles from PA to WA, so had some experience in moving vehicles. So buying in another state was not really an issue as WA only has 3 dealers and none of them had the vehicle.
Old 01-28-11, 07:04 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truffles? I like truffles
Old 01-28-11, 07:20 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

wow 2+ years, u have alot of patience but nothing better then finding a perfect used car. ENJOY IT
Old 01-28-11, 07:34 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

damn bro i always loved that color congrats
Old 01-28-11, 07:51 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sango
Ahh I see so you are from the area then? Since you mention you were waiting for it to arrive, it sounds like you are having a shipping company ship the vehicle to you correct?

I may consider looking at this dealer for my next IS (date to be determined). May I should use a bet like stragety tactic (co-worker told me he did this for his new Ford disel truck which needs to pull boats) between the two which in a way forces them to reveal the price because either one of the dealers would want to take the sale for the customer.
I wouldnt necessarily use it as a negotiating tactic myself - I just know what I wanted and as I'm the one paying for it I wasnt prepared to just settle for what they had. The local dealership wasnt prepared to deal and hence lost the sale.

Shipping stuff really isn't that much of an issue - its how the cars get to the dealerships. I didnt fancy driving 2400 miles immediately on getting the vehicle.
Old 01-28-11, 08:16 PM
Sango
Pole Position

I wouldnt necessarily use it as a negotiating tactic myself - I just know what I wanted and as I'm the one paying for it I wasnt prepared to just settle for what they had. The local dealership wasnt prepared to deal and hence lost the sale.

Shipping stuff really isn't that much of an issue - its how the cars get to the dealerships. I didnt fancy driving 2400 miles immediately on getting the vehicle.
Yeah, I most likely won't use use betting. It's nice to know if I need to look elsewhere, that the OH dealership would be one to look at.

Any mods in mind once you receive the vehicle?
Old 01-28-11, 08:26 PM
foam
Driver

Do you remember who you dealt with? So I can avoid them
Old 01-28-11, 08:34 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by foam
Do you remember who you dealt with? So I can avoid them
There are a few to avoid, like Steve, Ken, Sean and several of the others - just out for sales.

One sales person I do like to talk to time to time and like is Lynn. She has been there the longest and is Master Certified.

Quick Reply: 2+ years trying to find the right car - IS250 Truffle Mica AWD