IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 10:45 AM
Numbahz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot wait to have mine all setup. I received the Blackberry Music gateway from amazon $46.00 as well as a dual usb car charger adapter $16.00 , however due to the high whining (from acceleration) I had to order a noise filter $15.00 (I doubt that I can get Lexus to install the it since I'm out of the orginal 4/50) a shorter 3.5 to 3.5 cable and a shorter mini usb charger hopefully it all works out. I can tell you that the sound quality is as loud and clear as my CD player not that the AUX cable setup was bad this is just awesome !! I was able to control my music VIA bluettoh from outside/inside my car from my iPhone 4. No more fiddeling to find the Aux cable or leaving that cable lying around yay !!
Old 04-17-11, 11:59 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
see my post above regarding the Griffin Bluetrip
Yes, I did see your post, but am concerned that the power plug and mic (all in one) would be in the arm rest and would not pick up my voice, unless I can use the mic of the iPhone when in bluetooth mode for calling. Please give me your thoughts.
Old 04-17-11, 01:22 PM
kikkomanrj
Rookie

Originally Posted by NickTomsyc
I don't have this issue - Phone: Samsung Acclaim

- Does anyone get a high pitched feedback sound when no audio is streaming from the BB-gateway .... I assume its because the power and aux complete a loop and it causes the feedback.... Don't notice when music is playing - but between songs (pandora or something) its super annoying
Setup mine last week and have the same annoyance. Other than that, my only complaint is that you have to turn on BT on your phone before you start the car because the receiver only connects within the first couple minutes of power on. No issues with an HTC Glacier/MT4G.
Old 04-17-11, 02:20 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
Yes, I did see your post, but am concerned that the power plug and mic (all in one) would be in the arm rest and would not pick up my voice, unless I can use the mic of the iPhone when in bluetooth mode for calling. Please give me your thoughts.
put it in the front ashtray 12v socket and run the AUX cable into the armrest...
Old 04-17-11, 02:46 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

does this work for phones other than blackberries?

how would i get a samsung fascinate to stream bluetooth audio/video to my nav screen??
Old 04-17-11, 06:09 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Originally Posted by chikoo
put it in the front ashtray 12v socket and run the AUX cable into the armrest...
Thanks for the info, but was looking for an option (if possible) that can be hidden and would leave my front ashtray closed. Im hoping the Blackberry one will do what I am looking for.
Old 04-18-11, 08:55 PM
09lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nikon
does this work for phones other than blackberries?

how would i get a samsung fascinate to stream bluetooth audio/video to my nav screen??
this works fine for any phone that can stream a2dp thru bluetooth. my work phone is a fascinate, and it works fine, my old phone htc incredible worked fine and now i have the iphone 4 and it works fine. i ordered my blackberry adapter from newegg few weeks back and it was on sale for 24.99 and use the dual usb charger and have it all in the armrest. i never have to get into my armrest so it doesnt bother me having the cords all over in their and the 2nd port on the usb charger is a micro usb cable to charge my droid, since i never have to worry about batt life on my iphone. and ran just the tip of the cable out under the handle so if i have to charge my phone i pull it out a bit to charge, and when im done i just push it back in. works pretty slick.
the only downside iv found is make sure the bt is on on the phone then start the car or you will have to manually connect to it from settings. and definitly have to get the noise filter done.
Old 04-18-11, 09:26 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

where the cheapest i can find the blackberry unit? thanks
Old 04-18-11, 09:39 PM
NickTomsyc
Pole Position

I got mine from ebay for like $28 shipped
Old 04-28-11, 02:57 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Originally Posted by BoOst3d
where the cheapest i can find the blackberry unit? thanks
Got mine on Buy.com new for $35.00 shipped
Old 05-14-11, 09:28 AM
aggs4life
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Thanks OP!!

Just wanted to post on here for the OP, thanks for this awesome MOD! I got the Blackberry Gateway from Buy.com and picked up a car adapter/USB charger (both Rocketfish) from the local Best Buy. Got everything set up and discovered that TSIB for the feedback loop had not been done. Took my car up to Sewell where I bought it and they took care of it.

All I can say now is WOW! I love it and it does exactly what I want and sounds awesome! Anybody with a pre-2010 ISX50 should definately look into this.
Old 05-17-11, 11:49 AM
leecm
Rookie

Does this work with an 06 IS250 that does NOT have bluetooth phone capability? I would think that if the blackberry gateway plugged into the car via aux and usb (for power) and paired with the phone, then there would be no need for the actual car to have bluetooth technology. Am I right in this? I'm thinking about getting the bberry gateway for my car because I'm tried of having to connect my phone via aux anytime I want to play grooveshark while driving.
Old 05-17-11, 12:15 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by leecm
Does this work with an 06 IS250 that does NOT have bluetooth phone capability? I would think that if the blackberry gateway plugged into the car via aux and usb (for power) and paired with the phone, then there would be no need for the actual car to have bluetooth technology. Am I right in this? I'm thinking about getting the bberry gateway for my car because I'm tried of having to connect my phone via aux anytime I want to play grooveshark while driving.
All this does is act is a bluetooth-to-AUX bridge.

It doesn't add any of the integration bluetooth-built-in would (ie muting the radio when you get a call, adding a microphone to let you talk handsfree or voicedial, etc...)

Functionally it does the same thing a $5 AUX cable does, just without having to plug the cable into your phone into your phone.
Old 05-17-11, 07:19 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

^^ What Kurtz said. You DO NOT need to have bluetooth in your car for this to work. Basically it keeps your aux cable tucked neatly in the arm rest and leaves your phone/ipod connected wirelessly. Sound quality is excellent!
Old 09-20-11, 04:33 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Everything works great except for this one small problem. The audio will cut out for a split second every once in a while. Here's the thing though, It plays fine without any interruptions when I use my laptop as a power source. I was wondering if plugging it through the 12 volt socket, and my car battery being old would maybe somehow cause this problem? I guess it's not that bad but, having about 10 slight interruptions for each song kinda sucks...Please help!

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP