IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-14, 01:54 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
i want to know is there any of these bluetooth music streaming unit that don't have interference where u can hear in the speakers the annoying whine of charging from the bluetooth unit...
Vr his is the one. Being usb AND battery operated, you can charge it but you will get that whining sound OR you can simply uncharge it listen to music w/o any whining. That's why I chose this model.

Amazon.com: VicTsing Bluetooth 4.0 Music Audio Receiver Adapter NFC-Enabled Hands-Free Car Kit with APTX Technology - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: VicTsing Bluetooth 4.0 Music Audio Receiver Adapter NFC-Enabled Hands-Free Car Kit with APTX Technology - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 12-15-14, 09:34 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by G4lexboi
I use this works great and it's loud enough for me. Works with factory Bluetooth as well and has internal battery that last 10-15 hours.

Amazon.com: VicTsing Bluetooth 4.0 Music Audio Receiver Adapter NFC-Enabled Hands-Free Car Kit with APTX Technology - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
There are many different devices on the link. Which one specifically do you get? I thought they don't have internal battery and must be powered by USB???
Old 12-15-14, 11:17 AM
datdat
Driver School Candidate

Default AirEnabler

The AirEnabler works great if you have an iphone. It's not bluetooth so no pairing needed. It uses Apple AirPlay and works well with the car phone bluetooth.

In my opinion the sound quality is better than the bluetooth ones I've tried

Amazon.com : AirEnabler Adapter Kit (for Apple AirPlay) : Electronics Amazon.com : AirEnabler Adapter Kit (for Apple AirPlay) : Electronics
Old 12-15-14, 08:10 PM
jtsimaras
Rookie

I got the blackberry A2DP and there is some electronic back feed buzz--I think I will stick with an Aux cable and use the blackberry unit in my home.
Old 12-15-14, 09:44 PM
merkin110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX and I have to say it works great!!!!
Old 12-16-14, 06:41 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSportIS
There are many different devices on the link. Which one specifically do you get? I thought they don't have internal battery and must be powered by USB???
U when you click the link it's the black circular one with the three buttons. Yes it's also can be powered by usb, but to prevent the whining sound you can also use the internal battery. Trust me it works great with my Note 4 and its NFC compatible
Old 12-26-14, 09:31 AM
Kmotoring
Driver School Candidate

I have heard good things about both of those kits. I used the SL3B Bluetooth kit on my IS and it worked very well.
Old 12-26-14, 05:53 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Just installed the Airenabler with aftermarket DAC. Great solution. AirPlay, lossless, sounds very good and easy to install. Highly recommend for those looking for a wireless solution.
Old 12-27-14, 02:17 AM
jsibayan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmotoring
I have heard good things about both of those kits. I used the SL3B Bluetooth kit on my IS and it worked very well.
Do you get a whining noise coming from your unit?
Old 07-21-15, 07:32 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I have that exact same one from amazon it's just annoying that you can't really close the armrest all the way. Looking for a new one where I can keep the armrest closed. And you always have to manually pair it.
Old 07-21-15, 05:47 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexiaMom
I have that exact same one from amazon it's just annoying that you can't really close the armrest all the way. Looking for a new one where I can keep the armrest closed. And you always have to manually pair it.
Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Get this on eBay. Paid ~$25 for mine. Been using it for 6 months now been super reliable.
Old 07-23-15, 10:59 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Get this on eBay. Paid ~$25 for mine. Been using it for 6 months now been super reliable.
Thanks exactly what I was looking for!!! Definitely gonna order it!
Old 07-23-15, 05:03 PM
adxVANCE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlexiaMom
try using a 90 degree 3.5 mm adapter
Old 07-24-15, 08:20 AM
LEX6IX
Rookie

I did my research and bought three items that deliver great quality, and a clean setup/no visible wires. The arm rest can also fully close with the way I positioned the Kinivo.

Kinivo BTC 455 , PAC Ground Loop Isolator , Steelie car mount.

The Kinivo bluetooth is great.. I listen to music through different apps and the sound quality is amazing. It automatically pairs with my iphone and controls key functions: play/pause/next song/last song .. answers phone calls.. and activates siri. It also has a good microphone. No problems whatsoever with this setup.
Old 07-24-15, 10:39 AM
AlexiaMom
Rookie

Originally Posted by kenljones

I did my research and bought three items that deliver great quality, and a clean setup/no visible wires. The arm rest can also fully close with the way I positioned the Kinivo.

Kinivo BTC 455 , PAC Ground Loop Isolator , Steelie car mount.

The Kinivo bluetooth is great.. I listen to music through different apps and the sound quality is amazing. It automatically pairs with my iphone and controls key functions: play/pause/next song/last song .. answers phone calls.. and activates siri. It also has a good microphone. No problems whatsoever with this setup.
Thanks I'm gonna check this one out