IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

has anybody bought rims on carid.com?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 02:41 PM
alkoholiks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anybody bought rims on carid.com?

I came across this site, ive been looking for a new set of wheels? is that there real prices. and our those replica wheels?
Old 12-30-10, 03:25 PM
alkoholiks
Driver

never mind there is a lot of bad review of this site.
Old 12-30-10, 05:37 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

its funny, i jus stumbled across that site for the 1st time, never heard of them. but its good yu did yur research.
Old 12-30-10, 05:54 PM
pfdaxe
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had good luck with them....
Old 12-31-10, 01:08 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I know someone that bought a CF overlay kit from them and liked it. Don't know about rims though.
Old 01-23-11, 07:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am a little skeptical cuz carID beat our CL vendors discount by 1k for a set of x4 brand new trafficstar wheels shipped to my door. i just placed the order for $3500 and CL vendors could only do $4500 as a best offer.

i am a little worried if they are knockoffs but we shall see soon enough i suppose. i read a bunch of reviews and about 1/7 seem to be negative but about 98% of the negative reviews i read are things that seem out of the hands of the company and more due to the part maker's issues than carID which seems to be like a middle man to get these parts.. .

i don't know i'm not trying to justify any bad reviews just to searching for carID on CL after i placed my order to ease my nerves and found this thread.

let me know if anyone else has any info about them. thanks,
Old 01-23-11, 09:14 AM
cholmes1
Rookie

Let us know how your wheel purchase works out...Any way to save money is a +
Old 01-23-11, 09:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

well i did find a whole whole bunch of negative comments on various sites after seeing this thread here. not one mentioned wheels of any kind. most were grills, small dash kits, and light harness stuff with wires and no instructions or grills that were broken. most complaints were from shipping and refunds.

i looked them up on BBB and it gave them an A-. they seemed to have a lot of complaints for such a new company, looks like they changed names or something to carID from something else. although a lot of complaints on BBB were filed it shows that most like 80% were then later resolved to the customers satisfaction which may or may not be a good sign.

i have a history of going with the lowest bidder and getting my stuff screwed up as a result so i really hope this is not a prelude of events to come,,, again....

my credit card company has helped me out in the past when a company sent the wrong wheels then i ordered and refused refund less a 20% restocking fee plus my return shipping payment of like $250 or so at the time was like 500$ difference total that i would have had to pay out of pocket with a different company many years ago and my cc company gave me a full refund. it was just a ****ty *** process of making tons of phone calls not getting the right wheels, returning shipping them back and what not.

all in all i just want these wheels in hand and on my car by march. i am half tempted to just cancel this order and pay 1k more from a reputable vendor,,,ggggrrrrrrrrrr.... i'm so cheap i can't seem to bring myself to cancel this order and pay 1k more...

worst case scenario they ship me the wrong wheels, a knock off set, or the wrong offsets (a generic offset that is not aggressive). at which point i have to fight to get my money back which seems like a lot of the complaints on this site. best case scenario i get the right wheels for 1k less. is it worth it???
Old 01-23-11, 09:40 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see u do it and let us know
Old 01-23-11, 03:29 PM
pfdaxe
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be fine and don't keep second guessing yourself. I have used them with no issues. They shipped my item very well packed, communicated well and arrived as described.
Old 01-25-11, 05:37 AM
alkoholiks
Driver

Yeah man let us know when they come im. Post pics as well
Old 01-25-11, 06:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i had to cancel the order yesterday. the price kept creeping up and even after i was locked in at like 3400 they called me back telling me they had to come from a different warehouse and it would now be $4060 which is the same if not 100 or 2 more than our CL vendors so i am done with carID,, this is my official record of doing business with them...
Old 01-26-11, 09:28 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

isn't carid are replica,i read something here about that?
Old 05-21-16, 01:59 PM
VicentePlo
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's where I currently stand with carid.com

Ok so I recently ordered a set of wheels, tires and some custom caliper covers for my Kia. At first everything seemed fine until the day my items were suppose to ship they never did. So I emailed them asking what was going on and the support people emailed me back saying it's been delayed and he will let me know how long. Next email I get from them two days later says my calipers have been shipped but my wheels and tires have been delayed for three months!? Knowing that I paid over 2k for them was very pissed off and I emailed them again asking what was going on and the only response I got was them saying "a agent will get with you wishing 24 hours blah blah" well they never did. So now I'm at a point where I'm almost emailed them everyday. I wish I would have done research on this site before purchasing such a expensive order. I've read a lot of people saying it's literally impossible to get a refund from them so idk what I should do :/. Please let me know what you guys think
Old 05-21-16, 04:19 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Curious also there is some rims I like

Last edited by IamLexus; 05-21-16 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: has anybody bought rims on carid.com?