IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

has anybody bought rims on carid.com?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-16, 11:04 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my Spec-Ds from them.

At first I just left the item in my cart to see how much shipping was and the next day they gave me a call and offered free shipping discount. So I went ahead and ordered.

They were responsive whenever I called.

I had an issue w the taillights a few weeks after. I called them and asked for a replacement. We kept going back and forth with pictures because they said that the original manufacturer (SPEC-D) wanted to see the issue

Took about a month to get the shipping label and then soon after they sent out a replacement. so to me the issue was w spec-d needing to review the issue before sending replacement
Old 05-23-16, 03:02 PM
yada
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought wheels for my mustang a bodykit for my gs400 and a grille for my gs400. I had no issues with the 3 separate purchases. I wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

Another car site i looked into was octane motor sports. I didnt end up ordering from them but i liked the service i got.
Old 05-26-16, 06:05 PM
VicentePlo
Driver School Candidate

Default Update!

Originally Posted by VicentePlo
Ok so I recently ordered a set of wheels, tires and some custom caliper covers for my Kia. At first everything seemed fine until the day my items were suppose to ship they never did. So I emailed them asking what was going on and the support people emailed me back saying it's been delayed and he will let me know how long. Next email I get from them two days later says my calipers have been shipped but my wheels and tires have been delayed for three months!? Knowing that I paid over 2k for them was very pissed off and I emailed them again asking what was going on and the only response I got was them saying "a agent will get with you wishing 24 hours blah blah" well they never did. So now I'm at a point where I'm almost emailed them everyday. I wish I would have done research on this site before purchasing such a expensive order. I've read a lot of people saying it's literally impossible to get a refund from them so idk what I should do :/. Please let me know what you guys think
UPDATE: so carid has emailed me back saying two of the wheels had come scratched so they had to send them back and that the estimating shipping date was a mistake for they got the order #'s mixed up. She said the wheels should come to her in a day (two days ago from this post) and she will have them mounted, balanced and then shipped, so now we wait. I'll believe it when I get the shipped confirmation.
Old 05-31-16, 12:51 PM
dbalkaran
Driver School Candidate

Their site seems sketchy to me. I did buy a side mirror from them for my 2012 Nissan Xterra a while back and the one they sent me seemed ok until I installed it. Whenever the bass hit the mirror would rattle like crazy and I couldn't see anything, the original one would barely shake. I wouldn't order from them again unless they were the only place to go to.
Old 05-31-16, 01:14 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

About 3 months ago, I TRIED to buy a set of Earl's Solo Bleeds from them. Earl's application list does not list the ISF and any newer vehicle on their application lists as I recall. Their online system would not let me order them, so I called. Told the fellow that answered what I wanted (I knew the PN). He asked me what the application was, I told him and he refused to sell them to me

I then went to Amazon and ordered them - No Problem. Installed them, bled my brakes and am happy.

CarId - They will never hear from me again

Lou
Old 08-08-16, 07:44 AM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep! CARiD sucks! They will lie to you and say items are in stock when in fact they aren't. I called in and placed an order on 8/1 for a set of wheels and tires for my wife's GS350 as I wanted to verify fitment and and to make sure everything is in stock. Luis @ CARiD stated the wheels would fit and everything is in stock. When I asked him how long it would take for the order to arrive he said delivery will be no later than 8/15, so I placed the order. A few days go by and I decided to login to my CARiD account to check the status and realize the ship date has been pushed to November 2nd. Once I saw this, I immediately emailed support to say this is unacceptable and to cancel the order. CARiD support responds that they cannot cancel the order since these wheels are "custom ordered". How can wheels that are "in stock" also be "custom ordered"?! After hearing this, it was obvious CARiD only wanted to tell me what I wanted to hear when I placed the original order as the items were in fact NOT "in stock" as they claimed! They knew full well I would have never placed the order to begin with if they were truthful in the delivery date from the get go!!! I'm now in the process of disputing the charges with my credit card company so I can get my order from another vendor in a reasonable time frame but even that is proving difficult. Apparently CARiD's policy has clause regarding this. BUYER BEWARE!
Old 08-08-16, 08:04 AM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience with CariD, although it wasnt rims, it was the carbon fiber dash kit, Sucked. Short story.
I wanted to order just the big middle piece center console only, the main piece that measures 12 x 6. So i get the package and it measures 3 x 8. So no way would that fit into that box, so i didnt accept and returned it. I told CariD about it and they said from our records it is the correct part and to show us a picture of the incorrect part. I couldnt because i already sent it back without opening it. So they said, okay no refunds since it was a Custom Order and if you want the part we will charge you a reshipping fee. In order for me to prove it was the wrong part, i agreed and said ok ship it back then i will show it is not the correct part.
a month later, i get an email stating a new order is pending and to verify the correct part. ( i never got the original box back ). So i finally got the right part in, and guess what? it was the correct package.

Not sure how a handful of people could not realize that the part, which i measured and sent a picture of to them with the a ruler couldnt comprehend that you know what? yeah, that part is way bigger then a 3 x 8 box, how in the world would a piece measuring 12 x 8 fit into it?

Needless to say, i just bit the bullet, didnt even ask for a refund and will never do business with them again. nobody even offered to at least refund me the shipping charge or anything and over a month wait just for them to send me the correct piece after they kept ensuring me it was the correct part originally shipped, etc. sometimes you just live and learn with companies. glad it wasnt wheels.

Last edited by Deathrow23; 08-08-16 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-08-16, 08:39 AM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
My experience with CariD, although it wasnt rims, it was the carbon fiber dash kit, Sucked. Short story.
I wanted to order just the big middle piece center console only, the main piece that measures 12 x 6. So i get the package and it measures 3 x 8. So no way would that fit into that box, so i didnt accept and returned it. I told CariD about it and they said from our records it is the correct part and to show us a picture of the incorrect part. I couldnt because i already sent it back without opening it. So they said, okay no refunds since it was a Custom Order and if you want the part we will charge you a reshipping fee. In order for me to prove it was the wrong part, i agreed and said ok ship it back then i will show it is not the correct part.
a month later, i get an email stating a new order is pending and to verify the correct part. ( i never got the original box back ). So i finally got the right part in, and guess what? it was the correct package.

Not sure how a handful of people could not realize that the part, which i measured and sent a picture of to them with the a ruler couldnt comprehend that you know what? yeah, that part is way bigger then a 3 x 8 box, how in the world would a piece measuring 12 x 8 fit into it?

Needless to say, i just bit the bullet, didnt even ask for a refund and will never do business with them again. nobody even offered to at least refund me the shipping charge or anything and over a month wait just for them to send me the correct piece after they kept ensuring me it was the correct part originally shipped, etc. sometimes you just live and learn with companies. glad it wasnt wheels.
What a headache! I'm not surprised though after what I'm going through with them now. How does company like this get so big when they treat customers so poorly? Unbelievable!
Old 06-02-17, 11:41 AM
sw0nky
Driver School Candidate

Default Wheels and Tires don't fit

CARID guaranteed fit for my Lexus IS350 2014, however they sold me tires/wheels that do NOT fit. They rub against my fender (just the rear to be specific).When I reached out to customer service, they were very slow to respond, I had to follow up multiple times.I called and they dropped my calls.They told me to go roll my fenders and sent me a youtube clip on what needs to be done to roll my fenders. Ultimately, they told me I'm SOL.Do not buy from this place!
Old 06-02-17, 12:33 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of the items come directly from the mfg so if the shipping gets delay its because of the manufacture not Carid. That usually happens when you're the middle man. Same with other places. I ordered from a reputable place and was told it was in stock and then a few days later got an email saying that it was on back order and that the mfg was waiting for the items to come in before they would be able to ship it out. I went and checked other places and the same thing everybody was out of stock with the item. .