IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Vsc check on-

Old 10-11-10, 08:30 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vsc check on-

IM DRIVING FROM WORK WHEN THE VSC LIGHTS GOES ON ALONG WITH A FLASHING CHECK ENGINE AND A STEADY TRACTION LIGHT ON. CAR WOULD HARDLY ACCELERATE. WHEN I GOT HOME I TURNED THE CAR OFF THEN BACK ON, DROVE IT AROUND THE BLOCK EVERYTHING SEEMED FINE....

ANYBODY EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING ??

I WILL SOON TAKE IT TO THE DEALER BUT I GOT 60K BOUGHT THE CAR ABOUT 14MONTHS AGO, IT WAS PRE-OWNED AT 47K.

lexus is250 2006 black. stock 18's navi, rear view camera. 2.5
Old 10-11-10, 08:38 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you typing in all CAPS? Take it to the dealer.
Old 10-11-10, 08:42 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a black 06' IS 250 and same thing happened to me. Turned off and hapened once a few months later after I had taken it to the dealer and they tried to say it was my intake. BS!
Old 10-11-10, 08:49 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Correct me if I'm wrong but, a flashing engine light is something serious that needs to be taken care of in a timely manner. You probably shouldn't drive it or drive for a long period. I had a similar problem with all three warning lights coming on but, my engine light was solid which indicated that it could either be my MAF sensor, o2 sensor, or my gas cap is loose. Turned out one of the o2 sensors had stopped working.
Old 10-11-10, 09:41 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Flashing check engine light indicates a misfire condition.
Old 10-11-10, 10:50 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

thanks for the info. I will take it to the dealer soon, but got a big exam tomorrow at school, so i gotta drive a good 15miles one one. . .
What Causes a misfire ?
Old 10-11-10, 10:54 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

{my95tsi** did not noticed it till after i was done typing.lol
Old 10-12-10, 07:56 AM
penone
Driver

Same thing happened to me a couple of months back. Took it to dealer and they said it was a misfire - reset the computer and sent me on my way. Obviously - not fixed. Last week I went a way on a business trip - came back after 5 days and cel and vsc light came back on. Took it to dealer yesterday and they said misfire code again. They started to try and tell me since the car is past the 4 years / 48,000 mile mark they could not do anything about it (as a warranty repair) but I told them that the first time this happened it was before the 4 year / 48K mile mark and that they did nothing about it. Service guy saw this in the computer and realized that I was correct and they now have my car and are working on it.

From what I understand it is a carbon build up issue. Not sure if they are going to do the quick fix or change the valves or what they plan on doing - as long as it is fixed. What concerned me was the way the dealer wanted to avoid performing the service under the extended warranty (I purchased the car as a CPO) as I was under the impression that something like this would be covered. Will be making a call to Corporate to see what exactly I am covered for and if this situation would have been covered if I had not had it happen before.

Let us know what the dealer tells you. Was this purchased as a Certified Per Owned?
Old 10-12-10, 08:30 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Wow. Shady *** dealer tactics. If I was you and they refused service after blowing you off when it was under warranty... I don't know what I'd do. Bad things.

Last edited by brociouz; 10-12-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-12-10, 08:48 AM
penone
Driver

Lol - yeah. That's why I keep the glock at home when I go to the dealer
Old 10-12-10, 12:43 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

@(penone) yeah the car was bought las year as certified pre-owned at 47k. Now i have about 60K i drove the car today and seemed to work fine, but im still taking it to the dealer soon as i get a chance...
Old 10-12-10, 01:42 PM
lilbluu
Driver

I had that happen to me just last weekend. Turned off the car, turned it back on. Havent seen it since. Taking car in for valve spring recall on monday and will ask about it then.
Old 10-12-10, 06:21 PM
penone
Driver

Dealer called me today and again started to tell me that the problem was not covered by my CPO warranty and since I am past the 4 year / 48K mark normal warranty will also not apply but that they will still fix problem since it has been an ongoing problem. I'm still confused as to why the dealer would say the problem is not covered under warranty yet the TSB states its covered under the powertrain warranty (6 yrs / 70K) but as long as they do the fix and not charge me I'm cool. Oddly enough service adviser did state that they needed to drive the car for 50 miles once the fix is done and needed my permission to do so.

OP - very curious to see what dealer tells you regarding your problem and if it is covered under warranty.
Old 10-12-10, 06:33 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Same thing is happening to my 2006 I350, all 3 of those lights keep coming on, i tried resetting the ECU and the lights went off for the day, came back the next morning. Ive always had the check system light on but thats because i was missing a TPMS sensor, then out of no where the other 3 lights came on, a shop told me its my o2 sensor, ( since its broken ), but its been broken, before the lights even starting coming on so im a bit confused, im having a technician replace my o2 sensor and install the tpms sensors next week, hopefully it will fix the problem, my technician used to work for lexus, he claims the VSC and trac light came on because of the tpms sensors as well, i told him they werent showing up before though and then he said after while theyll show up because of some safety hazard, keep in mind ive been driving missing 1 tpms sensor for over 6-7 months and NOW the trac and vsc light comes on. He used his computer and his cable to scan my cars computer ( longo wanted 150$ to do this ) and he said nothing came up wrong, besides the check system light of course.. ter he ran the scan the VSC and trac light went off but came back later that day. I asked him why and he said after i replace the o2 sensor it should be fixed, and after i install and program the tpms the check system light should go off. hopefully it does. im tired of having a bunch of lights on!
Old 10-12-10, 11:44 PM
rockinalex
Rookie

Im eager to find out what dealer is gonna do regarding this issue, since they are aware of the problem. lets just see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vsc check on-