IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

My used Lexus IS250 has a soft, sticky dash that scratches and mars easily.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-11, 02:38 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price for a new dashboard is $663.41. I guess I need to save for this one.
Old 10-05-11, 03:07 AM
bronz
Driver

I have this same issue with my 2008 Lexus is350 here in Hawaii and I'm very disappointed about it.....my dash is very sticky, all scratchy looking in some areas its terrible.....and my car has 61k miles so where would I stand or what can I really do to get some help about this because everytime I drive my car it annoys me.....
Old 10-05-11, 12:43 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Check with the dealer and ask if it is under warranty if not ask what they can do about it.
Old 10-05-11, 04:33 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dash is cheap but labor is like $2k right?
Old 10-05-11, 06:56 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
the dash is cheap but labor is like $2k right?
No way labor is that expensive
Old 10-05-11, 08:19 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i recently got mine replaced, took like a month to get the part in. i had 48k miles and its a 07'....Feel refreshed everytime i see a new looking dash now..
Old 10-06-11, 02:31 AM
bronz
Driver

I rather have a cheaper plastic dash they put in the cheaper cars than my sticky,scratchy dash
Old 10-06-11, 03:07 AM
bronz
Driver

Originally Posted by armstronga
how do i get rid of scratches like these
Don't feel bad bro my dash has the same problems as yours and probably worst because I have scratches on the driver side above the steering wheel area and the passenger's side area and all sticky all over the dash but more sticky on the upper part......its terrible
Old 10-19-11, 07:38 AM
emmiller
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
i took mine in with about 48k miles on it, and its a 07' purchased around june 07'......the dealer called me first to tell me lexus will take care of it about 3 weeks ago, and it would take a week for the dash to come in, then called back a week later and said the dash is on back order till Sept 10th....then Lexus customer service called me to tell me they will take care of the dash...lol...thought they were the ones who tell the dealer to take care of it...
Deathrow - how did you get them to cover it? Our car is only about 2 months out of it's warranty and well below the 50k miles...did your dealership help you or what?? Our dash is doing this as well as the door panels...i am going to have to deal with door panels - just going to get them wrapped in leather i think...
Old 10-19-11, 08:59 AM
alee350
Pole Position

I am having the same problem on my dash it's not really bad but i can feel it getting sticky and softer does a cpo warranty cover this?
Old 10-19-11, 12:43 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by emmiller
Deathrow - how did you get them to cover it? Our car is only about 2 months out of it's warranty and well below the 50k miles...did your dealership help you or what?? Our dash is doing this as well as the door panels...i am going to have to deal with door panels - just going to get them wrapped in leather i think...
Im guessing it just depends on the dealer you go to, i went to one dealer and the district manager did not even return my phone call and he was the one who looked at it, needless to say i am never going back to them for anything. then i went to another dealer and they did the work for me, ( This is what the second dealer told me to do ) you need to do is first take it to the dealership ( which was theirs ) and the dealer will see what they can do for you, dealer will not cover fully since its out of warranty, then you need to call Lexus corp and let them know that your only 2 months out of warranty and below the 50k miles ( in your case ) and review the case, then corp will send that info to the regional lexus rep to handle. From my experience they should be able to take care of it for you.
Old 10-19-11, 03:58 PM
emmiller
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deathrow23
Im guessing it just depends on the dealer you go to, i went to one dealer and the district manager did not even return my phone call and he was the one who looked at it, needless to say i am never going back to them for anything. then i went to another dealer and they did the work for me, ( This is what the second dealer told me to do ) you need to do is first take it to the dealership ( which was theirs ) and the dealer will see what they can do for you, dealer will not cover fully since its out of warranty, then you need to call Lexus corp and let them know that your only 2 months out of warranty and below the 50k miles ( in your case ) and review the case, then corp will send that info to the regional lexus rep to handle. From my experience they should be able to take care of it for you.
I appreciate the information...But I got some really good information today...I picked up the car from getting the tint done...The guy at the tint shop gave me a name on who to talk to at the local Lexus dealership...He came out looked at the dash as well as the door panels (much like the dash they are scored pretty good as well)...said he would call me back - and much like everyone I wasn't holding my breath...he called less than 2 hours later...stated that parts were going to be around $4500 and labor was going to be around $280..I would be responsible for the labor and they were covering the parts...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!...What an amazing answer from my dealership...And I almost took the car to another place for the tinting....If I had done that then I wouldn't have been given this guy's name to talk to...Needless to say I was very surprised...So I am getting a new dash as well as door panels for less than $300....He even acknowledged that this was a known issue on some of the cars...Oh and they are even going to give me a loaner car!!!!!
Old 10-19-11, 04:28 PM
Deathrow23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by emmiller
I appreciate the information...But I got some really good information today...I picked up the car from getting the tint done...The guy at the tint shop gave me a name on who to talk to at the local Lexus dealership...He came out looked at the dash as well as the door panels (much like the dash they are scored pretty good as well)...said he would call me back - and much like everyone I wasn't holding my breath...he called less than 2 hours later...stated that parts were going to be around $4500 and labor was going to be around $280..I would be responsible for the labor and they were covering the parts...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!...What an amazing answer from my dealership...And I almost took the car to another place for the tinting....If I had done that then I wouldn't have been given this guy's name to talk to...Needless to say I was very surprised...So I am getting a new dash as well as door panels for less than $300....He even acknowledged that this was a known issue on some of the cars...Oh and they are even going to give me a loaner car!!!!!
not sure if the dash and door panels add up to $4500, however i guess $280 is not bad for being (technically out of warranty), but i wouldnt even pay that, i would have at least called Corp and get it fixed for free, Dash should not do that within your time frame or at all.
Old 11-14-11, 05:05 PM
texas02118
Driver

My dealer replaced my dash for free at 62K miles due to an incident that took place there. I gotta say, my dealer has been nice to me all this time. I will definitely buy my next Lexus there!
Old 11-15-11, 02:29 AM
bronz
Driver

update...... lexus has agreed to change my dash, and my car is past the basic warranty bcuz im at 62k miles........my service guy was very helpful and always good customer service all i had to pay was $85.00 for labor...... i will definitely buy another lexus in the future. im loving my dash dash and taking extra care of it and bought a dash cover and a new sunshade.

Quick Reply: My used Lexus IS250 has a soft, sticky dash that scratches and mars easily.