Them dang whippersnappers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 04:29 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

lmao...
Originally Posted by intrinsic
I think the IS line is just a car that attracts all ages. It's a awesome car to drive and look at. Squirrel?!?
Old 08-10-10, 07:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I was 27 when I bought this car - now I'm 32...

Javier
Old 08-10-10, 08:38 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
im in the 40+ age group, this is my first ever 4dr/automatic sedan i've ever bought, everything till now has been 2dr/standard sport coupes (only one was FWD, never again)... so when the young'uns talk about why us older guys drive this, i say:

why aren't the young'uns in 2dr sport coupes??? something is wrong if they're driving 4dr automatic sedans...
I have an IS 350...its faster than the vast vast majority of sports coupes appropriate for a an 18 year old lol plus practicality for school and social stuff. There lies the reason for having a 4dr automatic sedan as a young'un
Old 08-10-10, 08:58 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

im 21
Old 08-11-10, 09:17 AM
nqh
Driver School Candidate

Default Over 30, Under 40.

I've had my 2008 IS250 6MT for under a month. I'm in the Over 30, Under 40 group.

My wife, who is in the over 40 group, likes like the car but thinks it is 'large'.

I had a 2005 ES as a loaner car. It was a completely different driving experience. Roads that are fun in the IS were downright scary in the ES. There must of been something the matter with the ES.

I did not consider any other Lexus models in my search for a car. It was the 2008 IS250 or a 2011 Mustang V6 6 MT. I'm happy with my choice.

nqh.
Old 08-11-10, 09:51 AM
IS250TW
Lead Lap

i'm 20
of course I have considered 2dr coupes and cars such as STI or performance cars
but that could only happen if New Joysee is willing to lower the insurance rate.... lol

and spending the same money i'd rather get a used IS than a "reasonably priced car"
Old 08-11-10, 03:43 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

I am 19 and turning 20 in 2 months, I bought my car last year a month after i had turned 19. At this age it is pretty hard to afford a car such as the IS. I had dropped a large down payment on mine and currently financing for the next 4 years. My IS was purchased new. I am truly blessed to have my mom because she pays for my insurance and the past 3 months she helped me make my payments because for some odd reason, i ran out of money :P but as of now i am back on track. I wouldnt say im spoiled but instead i have a family who cares a lot to help me when i need it
Old 08-11-10, 03:45 PM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

this tread seems like its slowly turning into the "How old are you" thread.
Old 08-11-10, 03:54 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Snubbles
this tread seems like its slowly turning into the "How old are you" thread.
i know yea... i mean whoever heard of a thread on a forum going off topic~
Old 08-11-10, 03:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Was looking at the "How old are you?" thread and noticed quite a bit of you are....*ahem* youngin's. A lot of teens, a lot of college age.

Well geeze maneeze!! Who the heck here is over 30?? I'm wondering if I'm just too old to be in this crowd.

Please don't make me go search all the posts in that thread....
There are lots of over 30's here. Most are lurkers. Some post a lot of useless stuff like I do, but I'm old and have nothing better to do.
Old 08-11-10, 05:25 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i was 28 when i bought my 2is. now i'm 32...

i've found that the older crowd are more about maintaining/disseminating "technical accurate" information and expertise.

it's definitely more interesting than "wheels, drop, and a body kit." that's not to say those things aren't interesting either; with this car going its fifth model year of production, it's safe to say that we've seen it all, from the legit stuff to the knock-offs, the DIY's to the one-off mods, and just about everything in between...
Old 08-11-10, 05:54 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
...with this car going its fifth model year of production, it's safe to say that we've seen it all, from the legit stuff to the knock-offs, the DIY's to the one-off mods, and just about everything in between...
unfortunately due to it being in its 5th yr, the price is coming down and it is affordable to the... 'no money for real deals' crowd... so were gonna more n more knock off parts on the 2IS... as we are seeing it happen now~ and all these ppl do is make excuses excuses as to why they buy knockoff~, the 2IS is gonna become the new civic...
Old 08-11-10, 06:04 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
unfortunately due to it being in its 5th yr, the price is coming down and it is affordable to the... 'no money for real deals' crowd... so were gonna more n more knock off parts on the 2IS... as we are seeing it happen now~ and all these ppl do is make excuses excuses as to why they buy knockoff~, the 2IS is gonna become the new civic...
and as the prices are coming down in the earlier model years in the 2is run, it will be more affordable, and the age of the owners/drivers will (inevitably, and on average) get younger. and given the assumption that there is a direct relationship between age and maturity - which for the most part holds up, the 2is section may soon be populated by a bunch of "kids."

sure, there have been/are/will be exceptions, but we've already seen a lot of older 2is members being driven away from the 2is section in droves because of the younger 2is owners who don't seem to have the same online/forum etiquette as the older 2is owners. while to each his own, it does become bothersome when that type of attitude/conduct is not only seen on a repeatedly regular basis but also has to be dealt with over and over again.

imo, the older 2is owners who remain here are to maintain some credibility in terms of providing as much accurate information as possible, while most of the younger 2is owners are here to feed the wow-wee machine/popularity contests.

take that for what it's worth, i guess...
Old 08-11-10, 06:22 PM
YooNiBaLL
Lead Lap

to be honest, in the st. louis area i see no one driving IS X50s around that seem to be under 30. i'm 19 and know i'm privileged to have such a reliable/sexy car at my age
Old 08-11-10, 07:09 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
and as the prices are coming down in the earlier model years in the 2is run, it will be more affordable, and the age of the owners/drivers will (inevitably, and on average) get younger. and given the assumption that there is a direct relationship between age and maturity - which for the most part holds up, the 2is section may soon be populated by a bunch of "kids."

sure, there have been/are/will be exceptions, but we've already seen a lot of older 2is members being driven away from the 2is section in droves because of the younger 2is owners who don't seem to have the same online/forum etiquette as the older 2is owners. while to each his own, it does become bothersome when that type of attitude/conduct is not only seen on a repeatedly regular basis but also has to be dealt with over and over again.

imo, the older 2is owners who remain here are to maintain some credibility in terms of providing as much accurate information as possible, while most of the younger 2is owners are here to feed the wow-wee machine/popularity contests.

take that for what it's worth, i guess...
This makes a lot of sense.

Quick Reply: Them dang whippersnappers...