Car wont start / no ignition - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


Car wont start / no ignition

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-10, 02:37 AM   #16
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Cleaned the corrosion now, same problem. I may have destroyd something when i shorted the plug for the brake fluid reservoir, but I cant understand that it should break something when just shorting a plug, Isn't it just an On / Off switch in the Brakefluid reservoir?

Anyway, got the price for a new ECU 1200$
Anyone know if it's plug &play or does it have to be calibrated/programmed?

Dont know for sure that the ecu is the problem but it's EXPENSIVE to bring the car to a workshop here in Norway
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 07:20 AM   #17
Jetfire
Royale with cheese
iTrader: (3)
 
Jetfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,098
Default

you don't have warranty anymore? i think it's better to diagnose the problem rather than buy an ecu and hope the problem gets fixed.
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:00 AM   #18
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
MIA_LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,152
Default

What were you doing to the brake fluid reservoir that made is short something out?
MIA_LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:15 AM   #19
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
you don't have warranty anymore? i think it's better to diagnose the problem rather than buy an ecu and hope the problem gets fixed.

No warranty, car is 4 years old, The probles is, that you cant diagnose without getting power to all of the ECU's in the car, i have tools to diagnose with but I cant get Ignition on. only thing I that powers up is the Nav screen
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:17 AM   #20
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_LEX View Post
What were you doing to the brake fluid reservoir that made is short something out?
The problem starte with the handbrake warning light, then we tried to short the connector to the brake fluid reservoir, then the light disapeared, but when i stopped the car and tried to start it again nothing happend.....
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:25 AM   #21
shadowman
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
shadowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 2,252
Default

I'm not sure how far you live from dealership, but it might be worth a shot to tow it to lexus dealer for diagnostics. They have computer diagnostic equipment to read the engine codes and what errors are going on. Then you can bring your car to a cheaper mechanic if you want. It sure beats buying a new ECU when there is another thing that was wrong.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:31 AM   #22
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
MIA_LEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,152
Default

This sounds awful goodluck with fix!
MIA_LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:45 AM   #23
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Default

Did you try disconnecting the battery????

or resetting the ECU ??

Joe Z
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 01:04 PM   #24
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
I'm not sure how far you live from dealership, but it might be worth a shot to tow it to lexus dealer for diagnostics. They have computer diagnostic equipment to read the engine codes and what errors are going on. Then you can bring your car to a cheaper mechanic if you want. It sure beats buying a new ECU when there is another thing that was wrong.
Please read my post's,

I have diagnostic tool but I cant get ignition on so none of the ECU's get power, so it's then impossible to make a diagnose or read Error codes.
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 01:05 PM   #25
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Did you try disconnecting the battery????

or resetting the ECU ??

Joe Z
Hi, yep battery have been disconnected and recharged.

by resetting ECU du u mean removing Relay's?
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 02:06 PM   #26
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F since 2008
Posts: 12,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveinongen View Post
Hi, yep battery have been disconnected and recharged.

by resetting ECU du u mean removing Relay's?
No there are 2 Ignition fuses in the engine compartment fuse box..

BUT if you disconnected the battery already... it was done...

Jz
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 03:52 PM   #27
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
No there are 2 Ignition fuses in the engine compartment fuse box..

BUT if you disconnected the battery already... it was done...

Jz
okidoki..
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 04:20 PM   #28
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic
 
llamaboiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Windward, Oahu
Posts: 11,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveinongen View Post
The problem starte with the handbrake warning light, then we tried to short the connector to the brake fluid reservoir, then the light disapeared, but when i stopped the car and tried to start it again nothing happend.....
wait... so you had the handbrake warning lite on so you thought instead of getting it checked out better to short it out just to get rid of the lite? now the car is pissed at you and wont let you start her? im sorry but this is kinda funny, sux2bU...

i gotta thank you, we all learned from your mistake.
llamaboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 05:05 PM   #29
sveinongen
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaboiz View Post
wait... so you had the handbrake warning lite on so you thought instead of getting it checked out better to short it out just to get rid of the lite? now the car is pissed at you and wont let you start her? im sorry but this is kinda funny, sux2bU...

i gotta thank you, we all learned from your mistake.
Yes because they could not se any problem when they checked it with the Intelligent Tester..

The warning light whent off every time we shorted it, but when I tryed to start the car again nothing happend.
sveinongen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 05:15 PM   #30
shadowman
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
shadowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 2,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveinongen View Post
Please read my post's,

I have diagnostic tool but I cant get ignition on so none of the ECU's get power, so it's then impossible to make a diagnose or read Error codes.
From my dealer:

You can't use a standard diagnostic tool on a Lexus. To get the proper codes, you basically have to take it to Lexus. A Lexus Diagnostic System cost $150,000. I doubt any normal person can fork out that much.

... or my dealer is BSing me.

Was your diagnostic tool working before the ECU issue?
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 IS300 ignition cylinder replacement hshak2006 IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) 1 07-09-14 10:05 AM
95 sc300 not starting Osbornecox Performance & Maintenance 10 03-22-14 07:04 AM
Sc300 Na-t TT ecu 2jzforlife Performance & Maintenance 18 01-28-13 10:57 AM
HELP 2002 Es300 wont start!! ignition switch fuse?? ez345 ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 3 08-11-12 07:56 PM
Chasing a Code 14 Chilkoot LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 2 12-05-11 09:40 AM


Tags
alarm, crank, disabled, entry, hybrid, intermittent, issues, keyless, lexus, problems, push, sb016108, sc400, start, wont

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved