IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

7/1/2010 Engine stalling valve spring replacement recall (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 06:49 PM
shizmd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oil change?

Hi, my car is under the recall but after speaking with the local dealer, they requested that I need to wait until I have the letter to schedule the repair. My question is, does this repair involve replacing the engine oil since they are working in that area? I'm due for my oil change and was wondering if i should wait UNTIL after this repair is fixed, which could be several weeks. Thanks
Old 10-28-10, 04:58 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shizmd
Hi, my car is under the recall but after speaking with the local dealer, they requested that I need to wait until I have the letter to schedule the repair. My question is, does this repair involve replacing the engine oil since they are working in that area? I'm due for my oil change and was wondering if i should wait UNTIL after this repair is fixed, which could be several weeks. Thanks
Pretty sure this has been answered previously, but no, unless they screw something up during the process they don't change the oil.
Old 10-28-10, 09:38 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have all recall notices been sent or do they do it in waves? when i login to lexus owner site it shows the service campaign but no letter yet
Old 10-28-10, 09:50 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

I just took mine in yesterday. Gave me a RX350 2010 loaner. sweet ride, kinda nice to ride with out worrying about bumps and high drive way etc......

btw- I didn't have to wait for the letter. When I was sitting in the office the pop up my name on the screen and the red blinking lettering showed up for the recall.
Old 10-28-10, 04:23 PM
huch
Rookie

Originally Posted by 650IS350
I just took mine in yesterday. Gave me a RX350 2010 loaner. sweet ride, kinda nice to ride with out worrying about bumps and high drive way etc......

btw- I didn't have to wait for the letter. When I was sitting in the office the pop up my name on the screen and the red blinking lettering showed up for the recall.
I wish they gave me an RX350... I'm stuck with a CS250 Hybrid. Thank god I only have it for 1 day, biggest POS ever. Oh well, at least it's better than taking the bus!
Old 10-28-10, 04:58 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 650IS350
haha yep yep, im driving a 2011 rx350, and~ i dont like the shape of it, its more bulbous on the hood than '10... but its nice driving over potholes
Old 11-03-10, 01:03 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

Hey guys, Its been a long time to post on here. I am on day 3 of getting valve spring replacement recall done along with the gas pedel and a few other things done like my auto tilt sm. I was also in for a 70K service which includes oil change. pice was some where around $140 I know rip. Dose this recall require an oil change, are they going to charge me for something that is already done in the recall. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Old 11-03-10, 01:18 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Does not include oil change it only the top half they touch
Old 11-04-10, 07:29 AM
zzaang
Driver School Candidate

not to be rude but i'll just ask my question again. you guys think i should take off my hid kit (i have halogens as stock) before i go in to get the recall done?
Old 11-04-10, 08:06 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zzaang
not to be rude but i'll just ask my question again. you guys think i should take off my hid kit (i have halogens as stock) before i go in to get the recall done?
Your hid has nothang to do with the recall so why would you have to take it off
Old 11-09-10, 03:29 AM
integlspwr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
haha yep yep, im driving a 2011 rx350, and~ i dont like the shape of it, its more bulbous on the hood than '10... but its nice driving over potholes
man you got a RX350. how long did your car take ?
Old 11-09-10, 09:14 PM
mrdj
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

After a month of having my car back after the recall, it seems I've been feeling a big difference in my car. It feels a lot more sluggish.

I have a 2008 IS350, with roughly 57k miles.

Lately I have noticed that when idle, my car feels like its vibrating more. The armrest on the door panel seems to be vibrating. I feel it on the brake and gas pedal as well, a slight vibration I never felt before the recall. The ticking noise which almost sounds like a diesel engine is louder as well. It almost stalled on me at an intersection but it seemed the car picked itself back up.

Then just today on my way home, I was on the freeway going 70+ and as I was exiting, my car made a grinding noise, like it got stuck on a gear and couldn't shift down?

Also, when I first start up my car, I get about 30ft, and I hear a whizzing sound for a second then it disappears until the next time I start it.

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this too.
Old 11-10-10, 11:10 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

I had my done about month now. Only thing I notice that for some reason I got better mpg not by much. Also the valve ticking is a little louder till it warm up. But all and all no issues what so ever.
Old 11-10-10, 01:23 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skip ?

Originally Posted by mrdj
After a month of having my car back after the recall, it seems I've been feeling a big difference in my car. It feels a lot more sluggish.

I have a 2008 IS350, with roughly 57k miles.

Lately I have noticed that when idle, my car feels like its vibrating more. The armrest on the door panel seems to be vibrating. I feel it on the brake and gas pedal as well, a slight vibration I never felt before the recall. The ticking noise which almost sounds like a diesel engine is louder as well. It almost stalled on me at an intersection but it seemed the car picked itself back up.

Then just today on my way home, I was on the freeway going 70+ and as I was exiting, my car made a grinding noise, like it got stuck on a gear and couldn't shift down?

Also, when I first start up my car, I get about 30ft, and I hear a whizzing sound for a second then it disappears until the next time I start it.

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing this too.
Yeah, I am thinking I may skip this one too. I had no issues with Floor-Mats or accelerator pedals. $1500 is drop in the bucket for IS-F. That 3.5 liter 2GR-FSE motor is strong. I Trust the robots at Tahara. I may have to change my phone number though, dealer keeps calling
Don't know what to do. I guess if they throw in a set of Michelins for the rear, may entice me a little
Old 11-13-10, 03:58 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 53 Posts

so last night my car stalled and the rpm kept dropping down to 0, i believe it is the result of the faulty valve springs, mine is a 2010 is250 AWD and i thought the 09+ would no be affected but we will see after i head out to the dealer in the morning to see whats going on

Quick Reply: 7/1/2010 Engine stalling valve spring replacement recall (merged threads)