08ChrIS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id pay maybe.... maybe $10ea
Old 06-02-10, 02:28 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am afraid of buying stuff from sewells now. Their shipping is overpriced, i complained about it a bit and the moderator deleted all my comments in the vendors section and sewell had disabled my account on their site... i don't know if sites like this are trustworthy . They are definitely here for our money, but are they here for us? don't think so
Old 06-02-10, 02:45 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i've never had probs with shipping by sewell.. they charge ALMOST flat rate... i ordered 5 parts and 2 parts shipping was kinda same... i know it's a ripoff for the 2 parts... but hey i needed pads...

BTW they are $40+shipping = ~50 not $55... and no doubt it's not worth it ... but hey aftermarket quality tips are at least $70 and they are weld on.. so add the labor to that... these are clamp on... no need for labor.. it's up to you to judge.. but hey... if you've got $600 drop it on an axle back... got a 1500 drop it on a JoeZ... got more... go custom

Andre
Old 06-02-10, 03:39 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

well i was going order the F sport badges, i wasn't even complaining about 40 bucks for 1 small badges, i am completely and totally happy with the price. I just found 10 bucks to ship 2 badges which will cost less than 80 cent to ship with USPS or less than few bucks to ship with UPS ground. They are charging 10 bucks, i just mentioned about it and immediately the moderator deleted my comments and Sewell disabled my account.
Old 06-07-10, 10:46 PM
fr0st
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipmode
I just ordered them, I hope they look good. They look more aggressive than stock and are bolt-on. I didn't want the hassle of welding.
got pics yet?
Old 06-08-10, 12:58 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by someboy
well i was going order the F sport badges, i wasn't even complaining about 40 bucks for 1 small badges, i am completely and totally happy with the price. I just found 10 bucks to ship 2 badges which will cost less than 80 cent to ship with USPS or less than few bucks to ship with UPS ground. They are charging 10 bucks, i just mentioned about it and immediately the moderator deleted my comments and Sewell disabled my account.
Handling fee? The people that pick up the item, package it and ship it gotta earn a living too. But at least you didn't have to pay taxes if you're not from TX, which kind of evens it out if you bought it locally.
Old 06-08-10, 08:37 AM
flipmode
Rookie

Just got them in. They look nice. "thicker" and longer than stock. They are round and slightly angled - they look totally straight on website. Apparently they are tips from a Landcruiser. I'll have pics up soon. BTW the clamps are invisible from the side, they are built-in with the tip too. Overpriced, but convenient.
Old 06-08-10, 09:26 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Handling fee? The people that pick up the item, package it and ship it gotta earn a living too. But at least you didn't have to pay taxes if you're not from TX, which kind of evens it out if you bought it locally.
how long does it take you to package 2 badges in an envelope? less than 1 minute? 1 minute of work = 8 bucks? WOW they are surely earning a high income. you don't think 40 bucks for a small badge is already including their pays?

seriously i don't know what people are thinking these days...
Old 06-08-10, 11:12 AM
fr0st
Pole Position

Originally Posted by someboy
how long does it take you to package 2 badges in an envelope? less than 1 minute? 1 minute of work = 8 bucks? WOW they are surely earning a high income. you don't think 40 bucks for a small badge is already including their pays?

seriously i don't know what people are thinking these days...
you should make the emblems and sell them for cheaper.
Old 06-08-10, 03:35 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

some people i guess have to learn the art of making them... intricate pieces... these things needs effort and design... those costs have to be spread around... through the use of projected sales and other mechanisms... there are reasons why each thing is priced that way... if the F-sports are $40 why do people pay more for the BP emblems... why not get simple emblems and paint it... paint is cheap!... its the convenience... even shipping... and other costs... it's not just USPS that they use... USPS has problems that FedEx does not... tracking for example is not updated as often as it is on FedEx... FedEx has better customer service... that's what you pay for... if they had given the USPS option... i'll take it... cos it's cheaper... if not than so be it... if i really need it... i'll take it...

Andre
Old 06-08-10, 04:28 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fr0st
you should make the emblems and sell them for cheaper.
I know right? would you like some when i am ready to sell my replicas?

their prices is not the main concern, but they disabled my account just because i asked a question? What happens if i ordered the item then they disabled my account? then i will have to call my credit card company to get my money back won't i?
that is something to think about.

Last edited by someboy; 06-08-10 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-08-10, 10:27 PM
prankster
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intel on Sewell Exhaust tip

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if yall have any info about the exhaust tips sold by Sewell.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2006-363.html

and

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2006-357.html

Do yall know the differences (e.g. Diameter)? I'd like to buy the biggest one. Also, aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-10, 11:26 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

think the new tips are bigger, they look nicer too
Old 06-09-10, 08:10 AM
prankster
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trixxx519
think the new tips are bigger, they look nicer too
Which one? the GFX one or NON-GFX? My bad for not knowing this, cause I just got my IS last month so I don't know the time line.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sewell's new exhaust tips