IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav touchscreen stopped working!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 12:26 PM
lirandy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I am not alone. The nav screen in my mom's '06 350 quitted responding last Friday too. And her car was out of warranty too...

Originally Posted by birk1
I was quoted 850 for a replacement screen...is that too much?
birk1 - where did u get the quote for replacement screen for $850?
Old 08-10-10, 01:37 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wish
I had same issue with my previous is350(2007).. dealer replaced it under warranty
Did they say what was wrong with it? I wonder if it's really the screen that has the issue.
Old 08-11-10, 10:09 PM
HHF
Driver School Candidate

Sad to say I have the same issue with my 06 350. There is a similar post like this in the IS-F forum under "Recalibrating ML screen". He has a video that demonstrated the same exact issue that I had except, mine is stuck on the disclaimer screen.

It's just my opinion, but I question if the screen is the primary cause of this issue (although I think this is how the guy from the IS-F forum fixed this issue since he was under warranty). If I go to the 'Info' tab, the screen detects my touch anywhere on the screen except it always triggers the language button - which then takes me to the disclaimer screen. There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with it. I think this is a software issue of some kind. I doubt that disconnecting the battery will work. I've been out of town for a while so I haven't took it to the dealership yet. I've heard there may a reset disc out there that might help out but I haven't confirmed it yet.

It's not a must have but I miss having my nav working, especially since I, as well as the rest of you, paid extra for that packaged.

Sorry for the long post but this issue still has me PO on Lexus since I'm out of warranty. You would think this would be one of the more robust items in the vehicle.

Good Luck and if you find a solution - please let us know. Thanks
Old 08-12-10, 08:34 AM
VAISF
Driver School Candidate

MY IS-F has been in the dealership for almost 1 month now because of this same issue. Apperently the part to fix the NAVI issue is in back order. Luckly, my F is still under warrentee. I guess someone should look into a possible service bulletin about it.

On the upside: I've driven almost all the 2010 lexus model loaners :-)
Old 08-12-10, 01:13 PM
bluby_U
Driver

thats true! when i hold down the info button it takes me to settings. When i puch the setup it take me back to the CAUTION! screen. so my screen detects my heated fingers
Old 01-28-11, 10:17 AM
oscar430
Driver School Candidate

This is kind of an old thread, but it is NOT the screen. The dealership is a parts installer.
I have a '02 GS430 & have 2 DVD units 1 shows the disclaimer screen that I can't get past & the other unit works fine. It is something in the DVD unit itself that I'm trying to figure out, but I'll bet it's not the screen.
Old 04-11-11, 08:10 PM
3sgte_slow
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to bring this tread back from the dead but I am having the same problem now. Did anyone find a fix or is it going to have to be a dealer fix? This just happened today and this is the first day that we hit over 70 degrees. Not to mention my car just got hit on the back drivers side quarter panel on sunday (4-10-11).

Do you think that getting hit had an effect on the nav screen?
Old 04-12-11, 04:49 AM
3sgte_slow
Pole Position

anyone tried anything that worked?
Old 04-12-11, 10:06 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

u have to get the whole unit replaced. i got mine replaced with warranty. getting hit???? i am not certain any wires for the nav are located in the door pannel. one could claim u have a open water bottle and it went over ur nav once the person hit ur car???? one could claim my nav was working before the accident and know it doesnt. hope u get it fixed. i recelnty got the 2009 dvd so it removes the i agree button so if this happens again atleast i can get my nav... and use voice commands.
Old 04-12-11, 11:59 AM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

Sorry, but the fix is a new screen or the whole unit..my screen quit working right when i was at 60k..luckily my SA was cool and replaced the screen under warranty..i do have the extended warranty also, but didn't bother to tell them unless they denied the repair..sadly our touch screen will quit working eventually and if you are out of warranty, you'll be sol..
Old 05-06-11, 06:10 PM
chuckler
Driver

i am also in the same situation. I'm really not looking forward to paying for this. damn you lexus!
Old 05-06-11, 06:43 PM
vi3t80y
Driver

have anyone check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...item1c1b44f4c7
Old 05-06-12, 01:25 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Sorry for bring this post back, but this happened to me today. Only can access the "language" button when hitting screen settings. Nothing else works! and reading through this i dont want to pay 2k just to have my navi working. No Warranty anymore =[ anyone found a new solution??
Old 05-06-12, 02:47 PM
debosteebo
Driver School Candidate

sounds like the same issue discussed here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-fix-diy.html
Old 06-28-12, 08:21 PM
SOLBLK
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys.

I have a similar issue with my 06 is250.

The screen freezes on "Energy Monitor" then gradually turns white and turns off completely.
I have been advised my Lexus the screen image of the "Energy Monitor" is for a hybrid, which my car is not.

I have sent photos to Lexus to investigate and advise me of a fix, anyone seen this before? I am anticipating a large amount of $$ for replacement.

Quick Reply: Nav touchscreen stopped working!