IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HOW TO - Get OEM heated/vented seats in your car

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 09:15 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOW TO - Get OEM heated/vented seats in your car

So my car didnt come with tthe heated/vented seat option and that had always annoyed me. A little while back i had the oppurtunity to pick up a whole entire set of heated/vented seats including the entire backseat for next to nothing. I thought possibly just having the seats plus the heat/vent switches would be enough. Well it wasnt an that erked me and i honestly spent about 10hrs figure trying to figure out why i had power to the switches and the tilt options in the seats worked. But why was the vented/hear portion not working.

Well just they other day while i was poking around on ebay and i saw something that caught my attention and thought possibly that could be the missing piece. did some research and pulled the trigger on it.

Well to conclude this boring story i figured out how to get OEM heated/vented seats into a car without the. lol

I actually dont have any pictures but of the missing piece because i was so excited to try this out and when i realized what was going on my everything was put back togther.

The solution and what you actually need to get OEM heated/vented seats to work.

1. Replace seats with heated/vented kind
2. obtain oem heated/vented power switch
3. obtain console panel ment for the heated/vented seats
4. obtain the the correct AC Amplifier.

What the AC Amplifier does actually have an additional slot for the power connection. All the actuall cables are already pre-ran in the car accept the amplifier that comes in the IS without heated seats does not have the additional slot so there is the pre-ran wire, thats taped up. I looked up all the part numbers and found that lexus has a few different versions of the amplifiers for heated/vented seates and for normal seats.

Installation of all the seats and new amplifier took me an hour if that. the hardest part was opening my eyes to remove the srs airbags below the glovebox. I thought it was clipped in like most of the car is but there were actually 3 simple bolts that held it all together.

Anyways they work now. I know i had talked to some other members in the past about this install and if anyone had figured out how to get it done. So if anoyne has any questions feel free to ask and if someone would really like pcitures ill consider it, i do have pictures of the correct amplifier for heated/vented seats.

so here is a picture of the 2 amps one for heated/vented seats and one w/o that option...
Name:  amplifier.jpg
Views: 4358
Size:  33.2 KB Name:  amp2.jpg
Views: 4016
Size:  18.4 KB Name:  amp1.jpg
Views: 3993
Size:  17.1 KB

furthermore finding the correct part number is a pita, the easiest way to actually get the correct part number is to go to your parts desk at the lexus dealership and ask them for the part number for each year. 2006-2010 Amplifier Assembly or AC Amplifier. they will give you a print out of each amplifier and there correlating part number with and w/o the heated/vented options. If you get a print out from the dealer it will actually say manufacturer note: seat heater-heat & cool

if you want you can actually go to the sewell site and search yourself 2006-2007. here is the direct link on the search for a 2007

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/***...l=206&year=168
88650N 88650-53082
Lexus OEM Air Conditioner Amplifier Assembly Seat Heater-Heat & Cool

i actually have the amplifier from a 2006 is250 AWD part number 88650-53081

i wouldnt think that this would make any kind of difference, furthermore ive had no issues what so ever with this 2006 part in, my car is a late model 2008 is250.

so here are the part numbers i believe that have the heated/vented option
88650-53081
88650-53080
88650-53082.

so the install was fairly straight forward. but basically you need to remove the glove box and it is behind there. you want to start at the bottom and unclip the panel below the srs airbags. then there are 3 bolts that hold that airbag panel on. after that 6 screws that hold the glove box up.. from there it only takes on screw to remove to actually take the amplifier out. connect the wire that is taped down and presto youve got it done.

btw the ac amp brand new cost 400-500dollars. i found mine on ebay for 50bucks.

these are kinda half assed instructions if you want more detailed description pm me and ill cal you. lol

my next project is to figure out how to get the memory seat function going. aside from getting the one panel with the buttons. for anyone that has removed their door panels are there any extra wires taped down in there? i bet this is as simple. hopefully

Last edited by fluxx; 04-22-10 at 11:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
qnko (03-15-23)
Old 04-19-10, 09:28 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought they all come heated/ven. i have never seen a lexus without this feature.
Old 04-19-10, 09:34 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

About time you finish this project haha
Old 04-19-10, 09:59 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0723
i thought they all come heated/ven. i have never seen a lexus without this feature.
Nope, base model was no heat or vent for RWD at least (I think AWD had heat but not vent standard at some point, and I think for 2010 heat is now standard all across but still not vented)

Likewise HIDs still aren't standard though many seem to think they are.
Old 04-19-10, 10:36 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to get the white isf seats but dont wanted to lose my butt coolers , nice job on the install
Old 04-19-10, 11:14 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In Cali (at least in norcal) you won't find a Lexus without HIDs or heated/vented seats.
People would go nuts
Old 04-19-10, 11:27 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

^There are a few of us... Well, I should say "them" since I have heated/cooled seats and HIDs now...

Javier
Old 04-22-10, 11:03 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
About time you finish this project haha
lol i actually took the seats out and said f', but i came across the amplifier one ebay and said why not and pulled the trigger on it hoping thats all i needed. ive taken my car apart so many times now that its become 2nd nature.
Old 08-03-11, 10:47 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Epic thread. Thank you
Old 08-04-11, 12:27 AM
my1s250
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice write up !!!!!!
Old 02-06-12, 12:25 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bump on OP for memory seats?
Old 03-22-12, 11:14 PM
mokeboi
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I would like to know about the memory seat function as well!
Old 05-08-12, 12:20 AM
ISFBHR
Driver School Candidate

Interesting. Wonder if this is possible on an ISF
Old 02-24-13, 07:27 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

hey, thanks for the great write-up!
I've just installed oem heated seats, and without you I wouldn't have known about the AC amplifier.

Is it possible to explain me in detail how you replaced it?
It looked nearly impossible to reach so I've just disconnected the old one and put the new one next to it as temporary fix.
Also the black plastic cover it broke when taking it off, think ive pulled it too hard but you can't really see it because its where the passenger's feet are
Old 03-04-13, 06:08 AM
Shoez
Driver School Candidate

Does Anyone know the Pinout (Wire Colors) between

Seat ---> Switch ---> Amplifier?

And are these seats pressure sensitve? Will they only work if weight is placed in the seat?

Thanks In Advance!

Quick Reply: HOW TO - Get OEM heated/vented seats in your car