krUnALv99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 08 AWD and have heated seats and mine is base model
Old 05-15-16, 07:47 AM
GSLexi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if you can add the ventilation feature to the the f-sport seats from the 2011 model? They came from the factory with heated seats only but the leather is perforated. Is it as simple as adding a fan inside the seat along with the switches and amplifier?
The following users liked this post:
GaaraOTS (06-21-18)
Old 06-21-18, 07:23 AM
GaaraOTS
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone have a write up on how to access this?
Old 12-17-19, 09:06 AM
VictorS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fluxx
So my car didnt come with tthe heated/vented seat option and that had always annoyed me. A little while back i had the oppurtunity to pick up a whole entire set of heated/vented seats including the entire backseat for next to nothing. I thought possibly just having the seats plus the heat/vent switches would be enough. Well it wasnt an that erked me and i honestly spent about 10hrs figure trying to figure out why i had power to the switches and the tilt options in the seats worked. But why was the vented/hear portion not working.

Well just they other day while i was poking around on ebay and i saw something that caught my attention and thought possibly that could be the missing piece. did some research and pulled the trigger on it.

Well to conclude this boring story i figured out how to get OEM heated/vented seats into a car without the. lol

I actually dont have any pictures but of the missing piece because i was so excited to try this out and when i realized what was going on my everything was put back togther.

The solution and what you actually need to get OEM heated/vented seats to work.

1. Replace seats with heated/vented kind
2. obtain oem heated/vented power switch
3. obtain console panel ment for the heated/vented seats
4. obtain the the correct AC Amplifier.

What the AC Amplifier does actually have an additional slot for the power connection. All the actuall cables are already pre-ran in the car accept the amplifier that comes in the IS without heated seats does not have the additional slot so there is the pre-ran wire, thats taped up. I looked up all the part numbers and found that lexus has a few different versions of the amplifiers for heated/vented seates and for normal seats.

Installation of all the seats and new amplifier took me an hour if that. the hardest part was opening my eyes to remove the srs airbags below the glovebox. I thought it was clipped in like most of the car is but there were actually 3 simple bolts that held it all together.

Anyways they work now. I know i had talked to some other members in the past about this install and if anyone had figured out how to get it done. So if anoyne has any questions feel free to ask and if someone would really like pcitures ill consider it, i do have pictures of the correct amplifier for heated/vented seats.

so here is a picture of the 2 amps one for heated/vented seats and one w/o that option...
Attachment 460272 Attachment 460273 Attachment 460274

furthermore finding the correct part number is a pita, the easiest way to actually get the correct part number is to go to your parts desk at the lexus dealership and ask them for the part number for each year. 2006-2010 Amplifier Assembly or AC Amplifier. they will give you a print out of each amplifier and there correlating part number with and w/o the heated/vented options. If you get a print out from the dealer it will actually say manufacturer note: seat heater-heat & cool

if you want you can actually go to the sewell site and search yourself 2006-2007. here is the direct link on the search for a 2007

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/***...l=206&year=168
88650N 88650-53082
Lexus OEM Air Conditioner Amplifier Assembly Seat Heater-Heat & Cool

i actually have the amplifier from a 2006 is250 AWD part number 88650-53081

i wouldnt think that this would make any kind of difference, furthermore ive had no issues what so ever with this 2006 part in, my car is a late model 2008 is250.

so here are the part numbers i believe that have the heated/vented option
88650-53081
88650-53080
88650-53082.

so the install was fairly straight forward. but basically you need to remove the glove box and it is behind there. you want to start at the bottom and unclip the panel below the srs airbags. then there are 3 bolts that hold that airbag panel on. after that 6 screws that hold the glove box up.. from there it only takes on screw to remove to actually take the amplifier out. connect the wire that is taped down and presto youve got it done.

btw the ac amp brand new cost 400-500dollars. i found mine on ebay for 50bucks.

these are kinda half assed instructions if you want more detailed description pm me and ill cal you. lol

my next project is to figure out how to get the memory seat function going. aside from getting the one panel with the buttons. for anyone that has removed their door panels are there any extra wires taped down in there? i bet this is as simple. hopefully
Hi, how does the center console looks like?
Do I need to program the computer after I installed the seats to recognize them?
Old 03-15-23, 01:09 AM
qnko
1st Gear

hello, could you please tell me my car is 250 2011 year and I will install seats with ventilation and heating but the module that was on the car from which I got the seats is 88650-53121