Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ that is a VERY general request...
Old 02-08-12, 03:38 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RayLai417
How about work or volk wheels that will look good lowered on coils for daily driving.
how about i just point you to the 2is wheel thread index and tell you to go look in there first before coming back in here? or better yet, how about you to go find a set of wheels on the used wheels market, and then you can come back and ask if those wheels will fit?

because, while i can help you figure out fitment, but (as opinionated as i am, and with all due respect) i really could care less what brand or model of wheels you are looking at/interested in/already bought.

after all, they are/will be your wheels, not mine.

good luck with your search.
Old 02-08-12, 07:11 PM
agrotech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel fitment help.

deleted post

Last edited by agrotech; 05-09-21 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 07:16 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Arogtech I say save the money your going to buy on the rim and spring to get coilover. Even stock drop on coilover will stand out. Then save money and really search on what you want not what you have now to afford. Cause with the +22 offset your gonna need a roll and pull. 19 is rim size 10.5 width.
Old 02-08-12, 07:32 PM
agrotech
Driver School Candidate

deleted post

Last edited by agrotech; 05-09-21 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 07:53 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by agrotech
laobo979, even if I had more money I really don't see myself spending money on anything else besides Volks. So I'm going with Varrstoens for much cheaper, i think they look fantastic lol. I just need help as to what is the most aggressive fitment I can get without cutting/shaving fenders (rolling OK), and still being able to drive it daily. And with that, what spring size I would need to get.

Thanks though!
Varrstoen are very popular replica wheels. IMO they are great for the price. Unfortunately the sizes they offer are aggressive for our car, and personally i think its too aggressive for a daily driver. I've witnessed a lot of new members eagerly pursue varrstoen wheels because of the price and looks, but they dont really take the time to understand the wheel specs and the work involved to make these fit properly. Not to mention the possible headaches aggressive wheels can cause along with uneven tire wear. I say this because I too found myself in that exact position. Of course some people like aggressive fitment, but its just not practical for the average driver. Fortunately Varrstoen has mentioned that they are in process of creating more friendly specs for our car. It'll most likely require no fender work

That said i suggest you wait. Although there is no exact date for the release of these newer specs, you can buy and install your springs in the meantime. Research the different springs here on CL, there is a thread dedicated to all the various options for lowering springs. Among those options i like H&R the best.

Good Luck!
Old 02-08-12, 07:57 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

1) I know what all the tire numbers mean, but what do the numbers "19x10.5+22" mean exactly?
19" wheel diameter, 10.5" wheel width, +22 offset (measured in millimeters)

2) How do I determine what size springs to order? Coilovers are out of budget..
track down one of CL's authorized vendors. they'll give you competitive pricing.

3) Varrstoen makes all these sizes: -link snip-

What sizes can I be comfortably run with NO fender work, and what size springs will I have to order for these sizes? Keep in mind this is my only car and my DD.
if you drive this car on a daily basis, you might want to avoid wide + low offset wheels, as you'll need to "stretch" tires (term used loosely).

having said that, 225/35-19 + 245/35-19. this is post-fender modifications, mind you.

4) I juuuust might be OK with rolling fenders. BUT NO SHAVING/CUTTING. In this case (rolling fenders), what sizes would I be able to run, and what size springs would I need then? Keep in mind this is my only car and my DD.
see #3 re: DD.

you'll have to roll your fenders and get a light pull while you're at it.

--

ed-op: go for coilovers first, then save up for a real set of volks. don't sell yourself short with replica wheels with limited sizing/specs. all the work you'll have to do to make them fit won't be worth it in the long run, as you'll chew through tires faster than you'd like. something to consider, though at the end of the day it's your money.

good luck, and welcome to the 2is section.
Old 02-08-12, 07:59 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Varrstoen are very popular replica wheels. IMO they are great for the price. Unfortunately the sizes they offer are aggressive for our car, and personally i think its too aggressive for a daily driver. I've witnessed a lot of new members eagerly pursue varrstoen wheels because of the price and looks, but they dont really take the time to understand the wheel specs and the work involved to make these fit properly. Not to mention the possible headaches aggressive wheels can cause along with uneven tire wear. I say this because I too found myself in that exact position. Of course some people like aggressive fitment, but its just not practical for the average driver. Fortunately Varrstoen has mentioned that they are in process of creating more friendly specs for our car. It'll most likely require no fender work

That said i suggest you wait. Although there is no exact date for the release of these newer specs, you can buy and install your springs in the meantime. Research the different springs here on CL, there is a thread dedicated to all the various options for lowering springs. Among those options i like H&R the best.

Good Luck!
this comes as news.

other than that little tidbit, +1 w/ what sleekbrian posted.
Old 02-08-12, 08:08 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
this comes as news.

other than that little tidbit, +1 w/ what sleekbrian posted.
Yup. Someone asked if they had any plans for more friendly specs on the Varrstoen marketplace thread and they responded saying they do. I even PM'ed Varrstoen asking them if this was true and if so which styles were they doing it for. They said yes and they will definitely be doing it for the BBS reps and possibly for the TE reps.

The post can be seen on this page if anyone wants to see it:https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...30-0-a-10.html
Old 02-08-12, 08:50 PM
agrotech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by projectdna
19" wheel diameter, 10.5" wheel width, +22 offset (measured in millimeters)

track down one of CL's authorized vendors. they'll give you competitive pricing.

if you drive this car on a daily basis, you might want to avoid wide + low offset wheels, as you'll need to "stretch" tires (term used loosely).

having said that, 225/35-19 + 245/35-19. this is post-fender modifications, mind you.

Edit: And thanks to everybody else for the helpful info! CL is awesome lol.

see #3 re: DD.

you'll have to roll your fenders and get a light pull while you're at it.

--

ed-op: go for coilovers first, then save up for a real set of volks. don't sell yourself short with replica wheels with limited sizing/specs. all the work you'll have to do to make them fit won't be worth it in the long run, as you'll chew through tires faster than you'd like. something to consider, though at the end of the day it's your money.

good luck, and welcome to the 2is section.

Thanks for the tire info. Basically, the only question I have left is this:

I have heard that lower offsets are better for DDs as the tires arent stretched so much. However, I have also heard that the lower offset you go, the more fender work you will require. That sounds kinda weird.. is that true?

Having said that, should I go with +22, +32, or +35?
Old 02-08-12, 09:10 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the tire info. Basically, the only question I have left is this:

I have heard that lower offsets are better for DDs as the tires arent stretched so much. However, I have also heard that the lower offset you go, the more fender work you will require. That sounds kinda weird.. is that true?

Having said that, should I go with +22, +32, or +35?
false, and true.

what is false: the lower the offset, the better it is for daily driving.

what is true: the lower the offset, the more fender work and tire stretching is required.

and here's why.

offset = distance from inside mounting pad to centerline of wheel (measured in millimeters). the higher the offset, the farther away the mounting pad is from the centerline, and the more "sunken in" the wheels are. conversely, the lower the offset, the closer the mounting pad is from the centerline, and the more "flush" the wheels are. so as offset decreases, the farther your wheels get to the fender edge. and in order to create clearance (vs. having a lose-lose battle between the outside shoulder of your tires and the fender edge), you run narrower tires on low offset wheels - otherwise known as "tire stretching". typically on a 10.5" wheel, 245 is a safe "stretch".

however, tire stretching puts forces on the inside shoulders and sidewalls of the tires that it normally wouldn't be subjected to, and as such that area experiences premature wear. in addition, the sidewalls of your average road-going tires aren't constructed with a few layers of steel belts like the tread area is, so once that pressure and heat starts acting on the sidewalls, there's nothing there to hold the sidewall together. ultimately, the sidewalls deform, and the air pressure in the tire causes the sidewall to blow out (how spectacular said blowout will be varies).

camber also plays an important part in this, but you can imagine what camber will do to a set of stretched tires given ^^^.
Old 02-09-12, 04:10 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

18x8.5 +42 all around 5x114.3

I'm pretty sure they fit, but does anybody have pictures of how that would look?
btw I'm lowered on megan ez

This will be on my IS250 AWD
Old 02-09-12, 04:13 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^18x8.5 et 42 its like having slammed on stocks. OEM rear wheel on RWD 250s are 18x8.5 et50
Old 02-09-12, 06:34 PM
jgonx213
Driver

im going to run
19x9.5 +12 offset
19x10.5 +12 offset

front: 235/35/19
rear: 255/35/19

will those fit?
Old 02-09-12, 06:54 PM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgonx213
im going to run
19x9.5 +12 offset
19x10.5 +12 offset

front: 235/35/19
rear: 255/35/19

will those fit?
Nope it will not. Do fender mods. Needs a roll and pull. Change those tire speces to 225/35 front and 245/35 rear. Or if you wanna be brave go 215/35 and 235/35 better clearance.

Quick Reply: Will those wheels fit? START HERE.