IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will those wheels fit? START HERE.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 03:54 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats exactly the reason i asked.. if there were only a few pages id go thru them all.. where am i supposed to look within 105 pages of posts to find my 1 answer?
and its funny.. you people have the time to post a reply to tell a person to search instead of telling them instead and saving them the trouble of going thru 100+ pages of posts. Honestly, if I wanted to go thru 105 pages on this topic, i wouldn't be asking in the first place dont you think?

Seriously, if you're not going to help, why bother even saying wtf.. just dont post at all?
Old 09-22-10, 04:27 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UmattWayO
thats exactly the reason i asked.. if there were only a few pages id go thru them all.. where am i supposed to look within 105 pages of posts to find my 1 answer?
and its funny.. you people have the time to post a reply to tell a person to search instead of telling them instead and saving them the trouble of going thru 100+ pages of posts. Honestly, if I wanted to go thru 105 pages on this topic, i wouldn't be asking in the first place dont you think?

Seriously, if you're not going to help, why bother even saying wtf.. just dont post at all?
sorry i didnt read any of that, it was way to long, i didnt wanna go through all the words in your post.... boo hoooo... tear tear...

haha chill out broski... anyways.. good luck with your question.

can anyone tell me what the best offset is without rubbing?I'm lowered on H&R springs.
It doesnt have to be completely flush but out just enough that it won't rub.
I'm looking to get rims real soon, so I'd really appreciate help on this!
Thanks!!

and to answer your question, the ABSOLUTELY BEST offset for no rubbing whatsoever is +30

Last edited by Wierdazndu; 09-22-10 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 04:28 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JMcDonald
I am going to buy these wheels here soon and just need to know if these offsets will work or what would be the best offset......? I will be also be lowering it with springs or coilovers as well as rolling fenders if needed. And what would be the best tire to run with this application.....? Thanks.

20x9 Vossen VVS-078 +25 or +38
20x10.5 Vossen VVS-078 +30 or +45

go with 38 and 45, then 235/30/20 and 265/30/20 in the rear. Then you dont have to shave and grind and hammer and destroy your lexus.
Old 09-22-10, 05:44 PM
UmattWayO
Driver

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
sorry i didnt read any of that, it was way to long, i didnt wanna go through all the words in your post.... boo hoooo... tear tear...

and to answer your question, the ABSOLUTELY BEST offset for no rubbing whatsoever is +30
I thought this forum was a place to go to for help, I was hoping CL would have less ****** like you than My.IS
If you don't want to help then why are you even saying anything.
Unlike you, I'm a university student so I don't have time to go thru 105 pages of posts.
BTW, who the hell says broski.. and its idiotic how you say "good luck with your question" then decide to provide an idiotic answer to my otherwise perfectly legit question.

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore, you're not even worth my time.

If anyone can give me an answer without the BS, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 09-22-10, 06:28 PM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
go with 38 and 45, then 235/30/20 and 265/30/20 in the rear. Then you dont have to shave and grind and hammer and destroy your lexus.
Yea I didn't wanna shave the rear and do that to the car...lol...Thanks man I really appreciate it.
Old 09-22-10, 09:53 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by integlspwr
this is the most fail question ever...
Thank you. At least I was good at something than nothing

Jokes aside, you must be out of your mind to think that I would wade through so many pages of postings to find that answer. Answers to such basic questions should be in the first post. Get it? If you can't make that happen, stop posting in this section.

and rather than spending the time writing a post that is equivalent of pulling my pants down, everyone including me would have been better served if you just wrote

19" +30 offset 245x40x19 rear (or something like that)

Last edited by chikoo; 09-22-10 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 10:14 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before i reply to these, how do do you guys think i know about the 2is offsets. i read. i also told you where to look in this thread, acouple pages back. please do not litter this thread with a bunch of hating bs because of the 2 people the reply most and help everyone out with their offset needs.

what size wheels

pretty much
Originally Posted by RpmSteve
+1`
I thought this forum was a place to go to for help, I was hoping CL would have less ****** like you than My.IS
Unlike you, I'm a university student so I don't have time to go thru 105 pages of posts.
BTW, who the hell says broski.. and its idiotic how you say "good luck with your question" then decide to provide an idiotic answer to my otherwise perfectly legit question.

If anyone can give me an answer without the BS, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
i take great offense to this. just because you are an university student doesnt mean shat. look at when all my post are. i work graveyards at a hospital and go to school during the day and still find time to help everyone in this thread out, sorry if i didnt wanna beat a dead horse for no rubbing or modding.
Originally Posted by chikoo
Thank you. At least I was good at something than nothing

Jokes aside, you must be out of your mind to think that I would wade through so many pages of postings to find that answer. Answers to such basic questions should be in the first post. Get it? If you can't make that happen, stop posting in this section.

and rather than spending the time writing a post that is equivalent of pulling my pants down, everyone including me would have been better served if you just wrote

19" +30 offset 245x40x19 rear (or something like that)
go 19x9.5+30 235/35 no rubbing with no mods youll be fine

No mods needed up to these offsets
front
18 & 19x8.5+25 225/40(35 for 19's) can go more aggressive with a smaller tire

rear
18x9.5+27 235/40
19x9.5+30 235/35
Old 09-22-10, 10:21 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350

go 19x9.5+30 235/35 no rubbing with no mods youll be fine

No mods needed up to these offsets
front
18 & 19x8.5+25 225/40(35 for 19's) can go more aggressive with a smaller tire

rear
18x9.5+27 235/40
19x9.5+30 235/35
Fantastic. Thanks Mv350.

You mentioned 235/40 for 18" wheels in the rear.
I currently have 255/40 x 18 in the rear from the factory. So what are the factory offsets?

Also what are the fattest(widest) 19" wheel+tires I could put in the rear without shaving or rolling?
Old 09-22-10, 11:26 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

you can do a 10.5" but itll have to be about +43 to not have to roll or shave. and having that 255 is with a wheel that is 8.5" wide with about a +45 or +50 (i cant remember stock offset on the oem wheels)
Old 09-22-10, 11:51 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

wtf bro. im a nice guy and i gave you a legitimate answer. Who cares that i say broski... what does that have to do with anything. You seem like a huge internet thug so ill let you be one. But i dont wanna be one or claim to be one myself. I answered your questions and i said good luck because i legitimately feel that way. This is a forum to learn and have the resources to learn. If you dont wanna take the time out to find the answer then thats on you. Everyone is a noob at one point so just pay your dues and be at that... Please dont assume anything either. I am a university student also taking 18 credit hours and working 40 hours. My post wasnt to offend you... take it as an enlightenment..... grow some ***** BROSKI and take the reply for what it is and NOTHING more.... ok BROSKI....?
Old 09-23-10, 04:32 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Talking

wtf bro. im a nice guy and i gave you a legitimate answer. Who cares that i say broski... what does that have to do with anything. You seem like a huge internet thug so ill let you be one. But i dont wanna be one or claim to be one myself. I answered your questions and i said good luck because i legitimately feel that way. This is a forum to learn and have the resources to learn. If you dont wanna take the time out to find the answer then thats on you. Everyone is a noob at one point so just pay your dues and be at that... Please dont assume anything either. I am a university student also taking 18 credit hours and working 40 hours. My post wasnt to offend you... take it as an enlightenment..... grow some ***** BROSKI and take the reply for what it is and NOTHING more.... ok BROSKI....?
+1 ... I know how it is...If you really want to find something then you gotta search...I have looked at HUNDREDS of pages and eventually I find the answer I need, If I can't find what Im looking for I will start a thread or ask someone who I think will know....a lot of newbies ask dumb questions cause their " ability to search" option is off in their brain.....Just people trying to find a quick answer...But undertand that people might be in a rush and need a " quick " answer...
Old 09-23-10, 08:11 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^ +1 man... and again, I said "GOOD LUCK" to legitmitely mean it. As you can see this thread has been looked at 100x's more and still no answer to the question. All im sayin is if you need a really quick and dont wanna take the time out to research, then atleast take the time out to ask the question properly. Anyways, lets stay back on topic... no need to discuss any further.
Old 09-25-10, 09:22 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

how will this work ? im lowered on BC Coilvers right now about 1 finger gap all around with no fender work. i want a nice size lip on both rims will i get that out of this set up ?

19x8.5 +32 - 235/35 (i plan on going 225/35 once these tires are gone)
19x10 +34 - 265/30

Last edited by 600rr05; 09-25-10 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-26-10, 07:45 AM
montypr20
Driver School Candidate

Default Getting rims but need some help

Hello every one as you can see Im new to CL I frequent more on My.is but I want to get more opinions and information. Im going to buy these rims in 19 but I cant deiced to get the Ventus V4 ES H105 or Ventus V12 evo K110. I’ve read a lot of good stuff on the Ventus V12 and the V4 so Im undecided . Also what would be a good offset front and rear? The car is not dropped and is all stock for now and I dont want to do anything to the fenders. Tire size would be 235/35/19 front 275/35/19 rear. Tell me what you think or what would be best. Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-26-10, 05:51 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 600rr05
how will this work ? im lowered on BC Coilvers right now about 1 finger gap all around with no fender work. i want a nice size lip on both rims will i get that out of this set up ?

19x8.5 +32 - 235/35 (i plan on going 225/35 once these tires are gone)
19x10 +34 - 265/30
you will be fine in the front and i suggest if you wanna stay 225 in the front to go to a 30 series. and the rear will require a slight roll or shave.
Originally Posted by montypr20
Hello every one as you can see Im new to CL I frequent more on My.is but I want to get more opinions and information. Im going to buy these rims in 19 but I cant deiced to get the Ventus V4 ES H105 or Ventus V12 evo K110. I’ve read a lot of good stuff on the Ventus V12 and the V4 so Im undecided . Also what would be a good offset front and rear? The car is not dropped and is all stock for now and I dont want to do anything to the fenders. Tire size would be 235/35/19 front 275/35/19 rear. Tell me what you think or what would be best. Thanks in advance!!
how flush or what type of stance do you want. i gotta know these things to tell you offsets and tires. are you willing to mod your fenders or do you wanna stay un modded, what type of drop do you have or plan on having.

Quick Reply: Will those wheels fit? START HERE.