IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealership screwing me over

Old 01-19-10, 05:57 PM
07SGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership screwing me over

Ok So my car has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks now. I took it in for 4 things. Rearview mirror TSIB, Seat squeak TSIB, the right rear glass making annoying rattling sound, and my engine has been making a bad sound(not at start-up)actually when you are driving it. They have given us the run around and bs excuses. They are saying they fixed the seat squeak,the right rear glass, but they say the engine noise is nothing to be worried about. (at first they tried telling us that they did not hear it) My boyfriend has been working with cars for 16 years now, and he has to go down there and drive it with the tech and service manager to point it out for them. Lastly they are trying to tell us that the TSIB for the rearview mirror has been withdrawn, because the replacement does not fix it. I think they are just trying to screw me over on this too. We called Lexus customer service and they said no it has not been withdrawn. My boyfriend even printed out the TSIB from his shop and took it down there for them showing the revision as of 7/09. I was just wondering from those of you who have had the mirror fixed with the TSIB, does it make a difference?

This is just really starting to annoy me and part of me just wants my car back, but I want it to be fixed.

I guess the upside of this is that I have had their 2010 rx350 loaner this whole time and put almost 1000 miles on it
Old 01-19-10, 06:08 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

whats the tsb for the rearview and right rear glass and seat squeak? I havent heard of any of those things?

Just call lexus customer service on speaker while your there, or throw a **** fit in the show room. Either of those should do the trick
Old 01-19-10, 06:21 PM
YoungMoney
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had to do the rearview, but I just got a Driver Seat squeak TSIB done.
Took them two days and I had a loaner.

They also did a new shims and brake service per a Front Brake squeal TSIB.

Did they at least fix your seat?
*edit, I realize you haven't gotten it back yet to check
Old 01-19-10, 06:23 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

i did the rearview tsib. my dealer asked no question and swapped me a new mirror. doesn't vibrate as much as the other one did My reason for getting the tsib done was that my sub would knock the mirror completely down becuase it hit so hard.
Old 01-19-10, 07:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
whats the tsb for the rearview and right rear glass and seat squeak? I havent heard of any of those things?

Just call lexus customer service on speaker while your there, or throw a **** fit in the show room. Either of those should do the trick
public incivility does nothing but embarrass yourself. imo not a good suggestion unless that's the route you're recommending. /OT

to the OP: at this point, it sounds as if your service advisor isn't competent enough to assist you (at least imo it sounds that way). i would request changing service advisors, or even take it up with your service dept manager if possible. if all else fails, get the car back and take it to another authorized lexus service center.

also, consider calling lexus corporate (and no, not on a speakerphone while you're at the service center) and let them know that the dealership your 2is is at is neglecting to properly repair your vehicle and that you're concerned FOR YOUR SAFETY because of their neglect. now, corporate may or may not listen, but at least you now have their attention.

good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 01-19-10, 08:00 PM
eternal07
Pole Position

how did you get your rear window fixed?

lexus in Havertown PA says it doesnt make any noise but it does all the time.

I'm just sick of driving this car and really disappointed with lexus product and service. I have to turn on the music always to get rid of that buzzing sound

also my LS460's brake pad is making 'duck duck duck' noise and they says they can't hear it ... wth

Last edited by eternal07; 01-19-10 at 08:08 PM.