IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do a little this, Do a little that, Offset rims, They're bigger in the back...(Sneek)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-10, 03:35 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
lmao........

Hey Dan is it me or is your door handle black?!
WOW love the haters!

And yes John, they are black. I heard you're in Springs too! Can't hit a brother up?
Old 01-08-10, 04:21 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iSuxeL's too cool for you bro lolz jk jk JOhn.. So D.Jobin where's the pics lol
Old 01-08-10, 05:17 PM
MERKEDLS
Driver

ok umm i think i read he posted the photo shoot will be soon. meaning....... he probably doesnt have more pics and is waiting for the photo shoot!!! lmao. now back to topic!! i love the wheels and the 2tone! Goes great with your car

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-12-10 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-08-10, 06:37 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

When was I in Springs?! haha
Old 01-08-10, 06:39 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

damnn i was gonna black out my door handles too lol figured it would be a waste lol you have a better contrast for black on your car anyways. my black roof ain't even noticeable hahaha. can't wait for the pics bro!

285/25/20!!!?!?!?!?! da damn
Old 01-09-10, 01:42 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
When was I in Springs?! haha
My boy said he saw you at some shop....with your brother apparently?
Old 01-09-10, 04:19 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate being teased!
Old 01-09-10, 04:27 AM
Maxx250awd
Pole Position

those are clean as a ****
Old 01-10-10, 09:19 AM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
so pretty much the cars you drive are not worth anything to you because they're not lambo status?

sorry to get off topic, but thats quite a dumb statement.

People post "teaser" pics to hype everyone up, no one is saying they're the highlight of the entire forum.... are they?

If anyone does a photo shoot of their car on this forum and shares it, its because they are proud of what they drive and what their hard earned money pays for!

This is what a forum is for! To share info, ideas, photos, and modifications.

RESPECT THAT!
No, I care about my car and it IS worth something to me, but its not such an amazing a car that its worth all the prestige of a photo shoot. This is still a regular car, its nothing that is OMG. There are 100k + IS's in the US.

Originally Posted by MERKEDLS
...wow....i just went through all the comments to see what people thought and....is this guy a hater or is it just me.

Car looks **KING Sick........if only you could go as low as ls430s...lol
Youtube vid was very funny, but I'm not trolling. I like to see the setups that other people come up, its just annoying to this teaser BS

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
eh, i agree with you. the 2IS forum is filled with photo threads now, and most of the "teasers" never get updated for weeks to months. waste of forum space
Well, they make 5 more threads with 5 different photo shoots in different light, different cameras, whatever... Basically the thread died and they want to feel special again, so they make a new thread

Originally Posted by gotis1000
it is a little bit melodramatic to have obviously done a complete shoot and then only put one pic up as a "teaser." but if that's what you want to do it's cool, at least its a contribution.

now if you are just excited and put up a cell phone pic to get some immediate feedback that's another story.. but when you obviously have 5 or 6 decent pics why not just put them up all at once.
Yes its the melodramatics that frustrates me. Its like people get off on others begging for more pics.

I agree with your cellphone pic comment. Even though I've NEVER made a teaser thread, I could completely understand if someone snapped a cellphone pic of their car on a dyno or at a shop that did a bunch of mods for them and planned on taking more pics/posting more info later or tomorrow. But thats not whats happening here.

Sorry for the rant if you dont want to hear it, but I'm just annoyed with some of the content of the forum sometimes. Yea (because I know someone will quote this and say it) I can leave, but some things are definitely worth reading. I'm on 40+ forums for all kinds of things but I just never thought there would be so many Lexus IS owners interested in things like teasers, neck pillows, and exhaust tips. In case many of you didnt know, RICE stands for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, lol
Old 01-10-10, 09:48 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

awesome! but why are you on a dyno? lol
Old 01-10-10, 09:55 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
No, I care about my car and it IS worth something to me, but its not such an amazing a car that its worth all the prestige of a photo shoot. This is still a regular car, its nothing that is OMG. There are 100k + IS's in the US.
Seriously IMO i think i have one of the best IS. Meaning I respect and love what i drive. After purchasing my car for 40K and adding another 20K of Mods into her, i think my and other's Lexus are top notch rides. Seriously to think about about, we the community of Mods love what we drive and the amount of time and money we spend on our rides. BMW, mercedes and other High-ends car are no difference when comparing our Lexus. Enough said, you are who you are and i am who i am!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-12-10 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-10-10, 11:04 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

liking the two tone. definitely something different. the black/white combo on white makes it really pop!
Old 01-10-10, 11:54 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
Yep. It's so regular that these 2 trophies in my room dont mean ****...or the fact that Lexus has selected me for their SEMA booth next year...you obviously know what ur talkin about

Oh, and lets see some pics of your car? Stock I'm assuming? Is that why you're crying?

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
liking the two tone. definitely something different. the black/white combo on white makes it really pop!
It's silver lol
Old 01-10-10, 01:05 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pwned lol.....
Old 01-10-10, 05:46 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
...or the fact that Lexus has selected me for their SEMA booth next year...you obviously know what ur talkin about
Guess that means they'll be a silver IS parked next to me on some sexy Strasse Forged wheels

I don't get why some people hate on other people who AREN'T saying their cars are better than anyone else's, all they are doing is sharing their mods via pictures...

My car is so normal its going to be touring the east coast this season along with 10,000 other IS250's?

I don't think so!

Quick Reply: Do a little this, Do a little that, Offset rims, They're bigger in the back...(Sneek)