Lexus safe lease program

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 11:11 AM
lexuswsmg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus safe lease program

IS THIS WORTH IT????

is lexus lenient when you turn in your car?
Old 01-05-10, 01:10 PM
lexuswsmg
Driver School Candidate

wwelll????????
Old 01-05-10, 01:13 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no idea what you are talking about.

More details?
Old 01-05-10, 01:24 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are u talkin about all the charges that they rack up at the end of the lease?
Old 01-05-10, 04:10 PM
lexuswsmg
Driver School Candidate

its this program for a lease that you can pay $790 for.

they cover damage to the car up to $5,000 insdie and out.
gives you 1,000 extra miles
if you have over 1/8 tread on your tires, you can just turn the car in without buying new ones.
Old 01-05-10, 04:49 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

^ it's just another way for the dealer to make money. I personally wouldn't get it....they are suppose to take the car back even with damage (not bigger than a business card) and of cours you'll have your normal wear and tear which is impossible to avoid. The only thing I purchase was the maintanence package which I really need because I don't want to pay out of pocket for 4 yrs for oil changes, or any other maintenance.
Old 01-05-10, 05:01 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heartmyis
^ it's just another way for the dealer to make money. I personally wouldn't get it....they are suppose to take the car back even with damage (not bigger than a business card) and of cours you'll have your normal wear and tear which is impossible to avoid. The only thing I purchase was the maintanence package which I really need because I don't want to pay out of pocket for 4 yrs for oil changes, or any other maintenance.
The prepaid maintenance package is also a huge ripoff, but if you're happy, then whatever. I do a la carte maintenance, and do everything the maintenance schedule requires minus the BS "inspections". You've essentially prepaid the full price of the all the ripoff services, and if you financed it, you really got hammered.

Either way, you're paying "out of pocket".
Old 01-05-10, 06:22 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 15951
The prepaid maintenance package is also a huge ripoff, but if you're happy, then whatever. I do a la carte maintenance, and do everything the maintenance schedule requires minus the BS "inspections". You've essentially prepaid the full price of the all the ripoff services, and if you financed it, you really got hammered.

Either way, you're paying "out of pocket".

Depending on what happens through out the 4 years, not having to worry about maintenance gives me a peace at mind. Brakes, oil changes, other services...it really adds up. I don't really know a thing about working on cars and not having the time doesn't help at all. I paid less $1,000 for my maintenance package, covering all 4 years. It's not that much I don't think, I've always had the dealer service my cars.
Old 01-05-10, 07:38 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by heartmyis
Depending on what happens through out the 4 years, not having to worry about maintenance gives me a peace at mind. Brakes, oil changes, other services...it really adds up. I don't really know a thing about working on cars and not having the time doesn't help at all. I paid less $1,000 for my maintenance package, covering all 4 years. It's not that much I don't think, I've always had the dealer service my cars.
I'm assuming you're driving 12,000 miles per year in those 4 years, here's the actual required maintenance items in that time and what they ought cost at a shop:

Over 48,000 miles:

Oil change every 5,000 miles... $50 per change, 9 changes, first one is free anyway, so - $400.

Brake fluid change at 30,000 miles- $150.

Uh.... that's it.

$550 tops. And that's what a dealership should be charging for those services... a local shop you can probably get $30 oil changes and $100 brake fluid service for a total cost of $340.

(technically you would also change your cabin and air filters; if you have 2 working hands you'd be an idiot to pay someone for this as it requires literally 5 minutes to do yourself for a cost of like 50-100 bucks during the entire 48,000 mile period).

Unless they're defining "maintenance" as something other than I'm familiar with it won't do a thing for your brakes other than that one fluid change at 30,000 miles... pads and rotors are wear parts and come outta your pocket, they're not routine service parts.

I'd also check the fine print, I've seen these pre-paid maintenance agreements where you're only covered at THAT dealership... kinda sucks if you move or take any long trips over the next 4 years.
Old 01-05-10, 07:44 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

1000 for 4 years sounds like a good deal if they would have offered me tha ti would have taken it
Old 01-05-10, 08:51 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

My maintenance package applies to any Lexus dealership/service center in the US. I doubt I'll ever take my car outside CA, Nevada is probably about it. Everything costs, but I rather pay for it now and not have to worry about whatever may come up later on.
Old 01-05-10, 09:10 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

It really just depends on who is inspecting your car when you turn it in. My mom turned in her 04 RX330 in decent condition. There were a few scratches, the front bumper had a good deal of rock chips, and she was ~2k over on mileage but they let it all slide because she was getting into an 07 (08? I don't remember ) RX450h.
Old 01-05-10, 11:54 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

As mentioned, it's just another way for the dealer to make money. Soon, there will be a charge for the air we breath. There is no good reason why anyone should be turning a leased car in with damage. If you have damage, get it fixed... just like with any other car. We all drive with insurance, don't we? A lease car shouldn't make one exempt from trashing it.
Old 01-06-10, 05:45 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
1000 for 4 years sounds like a good deal if they would have offered me tha ti would have taken it
You think $1000 for $550 in work is a good deal? ($1000 for $340 in work if you went with a local shop for that matter)

I wanna do some business with you!

Last edited by Kurtz; 01-06-10 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-06-10, 06:03 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i remember wanting to do alignment at the service department, if i remembered correctly it cost about 150 dollars for alignment on all four wheel. i did it at a local shop, cost was 60 dollars!

so services at lexus is very expensive. also, they charged me 3 dollars for 1 fuse !!!! with 3 dollars you can get a pack from kragen!!!

Quick Reply: Lexus safe lease program