Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 06:12 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rockopico
Side question here, but where did you guys have the GPS antenna installed? In the dashboard? On top of the dashboard? My buddy can't get a signal from within the dash. Mine is on the dash but looks like crap...
I ran mine all the way to the rear deck and it's out of sight and gets an excellent signal.
Old 11-07-12, 10:44 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I ran mine all the way to the rear deck and it's out of sight and gets an excellent signal.
Same here. Since we were running wires for the backup cam anyways my installer suggested that spot. Right below the base of the C-pillar. I don't even notice it if I'm not looking for it.
Old 11-11-12, 09:30 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PAIS250G
I am new to the Fly Audio concept but after playing around I figured it out. By turning off the iPOD connection and using the Aux and a small unit that fits inside the glove box, along with an AV audio cable with a 3.5mm out it works! And I got my sat radio back. I am sure I am not the only newb re-posting, but its the small accomplishments.
Which cable did you use? When I tried hooking up my BlackBerry Bluetooth Gateway via an RCA cable to the aux on the FlyAudio unit, the sound quality was terrible.
Old 11-12-12, 09:28 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know if any one has gotten this PM from this member but I sure as hell will not give him my Serial number.

qiminyan
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I bought a flyaudio system from China and the airbag was on after the installation. I contacted flyaudiolto get the updated harness but they asked for a serial number. Could you please let me know your # so that I can get it fixed? I am willing to pay some money, say $20 for it through paypal. Please let me know if you are able to help. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Qimin
Old 11-12-12, 02:57 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I got it too ^^. He said he already got it from another member
Old 11-16-12, 09:54 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone purchased this unit that actually likes it? Does anyone have a unit that is functioning as designed?? a little disappointed after reading through 50+ pages of posts....
Old 11-16-12, 10:19 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i like it. looks oem. the gps works fine. displays my iPod songs etc fine. Just dont expect it to work like the newest double dinn's out there.

on a side note, to be honest i dont want to read 150 pages of posts, I was just wondering has any one figured out a way to update the 1st gen to get some of those 2nd gen ipod features etc? thanks
Old 11-16-12, 10:31 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by weesped
i like it. looks oem. the gps works fine. displays my iPod songs etc fine. Just dont expect it to work like the newest double dinn's out there.

on a side note, to be honest i dont want to read 150 pages of posts, I was just wondering has any one figured out a way to update the 1st gen to get some of those 2nd gen ipod features etc? thanks
Well glad to hear that you like yours for the most part, a little lost when you say Double Dinn's? but thanks for the reply.. Carlight Trends just quoted me a hella price on the 2nd gen unit for my 08' IS350! Lower than what these other guys have been saying they paid!
Old 11-16-12, 06:00 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SNORTH350
Well glad to hear that you like yours for the most part, a little lost when you say Double Dinn's? but thanks for the reply.. Carlight Trends just quoted me a hella price on the 2nd gen unit for my 08' IS350! Lower than what these other guys have been saying they paid!
In my opinion, if you can get a FlyAudio around $750 or cheaper, it worths it. Otherwise, get one of those other units from china that cost around $500.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...cturer-37.html
Old 11-19-12, 08:59 PM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Is it possible to add a start up logo to an 06-08 2nd Gen FA unit? If so how would you go about doing it? Also when changed from Celsius to F are the degrees right, or is anyone getting a range from 90F-110F? If so how can this be changed?
Old 11-20-12, 08:20 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it possible to add a start up logo to an 06-08 2nd Gen FA unit? If so how would you go about doing it? Also when changed from Celsius to F are the degrees right, or is anyone getting a range from 90F-110F? If so how can this be changed?
You can change the start up logo to the Lexus logo if you want. Fly Audio has the necessary download and instructions on their website.

I only used Farenheight with my old unit and the numbers were correct. The 2nd gen unit fixes the previous temperature issue
Old 11-20-12, 03:04 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone purchased this unit that actually likes it? Does anyone have a unit that is functioning as designed?? a little disappointed after reading through 50+ pages of posts....
Man honestly I love my FlyAudio, and David from Carlighttrends.com is great to deal with honest and good pricing. Did you get your FA

Once I updated the Bios, and did the FM & AM fix I have never had a problem with mine.
Old 11-20-12, 05:29 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2jzism
Man honestly I love my FlyAudio, and David from Carlighttrends.com is great to deal with honest and good pricing. Did you get your FA

Once I updated the Bios, and did the FM & AM fix I have never had a problem with mine.
Yes, David from Carlighttrends is great, but the FlyAudio company and their products are the problem. FlyAudio staff are arrogant when there is a problem with their products. Maybe I am the only one with hardware problems, but they kept giving me new harnesses to resolve hardware problems.

Here are some of my problems:

- This is by far the worst problem: just before the first anniversary, my FA unit stopped reading USB drives when it was hot outside and the car was parked under sunlight. FlyAudio gave me new cables to fix this issue. That never fixed the issue. FlyAudio verbally offered an exchange with a refurbished unit. When I asked them if they put a sticker on their refurbished products (just like the other manufacturers do) to show the unit is refurbished, I was told that they don't. Maybe they sold me a refurbished unit too! (i picked up my unit at their warehouse, which they call headquarters office). I don't think they are honest about their shady chinese way of doing business here in the U.S.
- Their staff lack skills to communicate in English and only respond to e-mails or phone calls if its to their benefit.
- Even after installing updates, the unit rebooted every once in a while.
-iPod song names only showed for the first song in the playlist
- Passenger side airbag light on the unit itself never worked! This is a safety issue and FlyAudio failed to recognize it.
- The AUX input inside the handrest never worked
- The GPS reception wasn't great. My unit started having trouble locking on satellites.
- FA unit sometimes froze and the only way to make it work was to pullover, turn off the car, and restart.

In my opinion, it is better to buy the cheaper China units from AliBaba. They are much cheaper and offer the same functions and faster processors, but without customer support. FlyAudio is way overpriced and their customer support doesn't really justify the price difference. I have nothing against the retailers of FA and in my case the retailer offered excellent service, but the FlyAudio product is just a glorified cheap chinese product.

Last edited by NimaM; 11-20-12 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-27-12, 08:52 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Here we go!! Well after reading both the posts on the FA unit and the less expensive Chinese unit, I decided to go with the new FA 2nd Gen unit. I PM'd several CL users and got several opinions. I am very PLEASED with my purchase!! I paid $1200.00 for my unit shipped! After talking with David at CL Trends I decided to order the unit. The unit was drop shipped, 2 day. Im not a typical DIY person when it comes to a 40K dollar car, so I had my local stereo shop do ALL the work. I noted all the issues that other CL members have had with their units. I have had no problems with mine. The A/C temp settings are GREAT. The Radio stations are GREAT. DVD player is GREAT. The Nav system works GREAT. It has never frozen, and has never done anything other than operate as designed. The Bluetooth audio works GREAT! With all that said David at CLT was GREAT to work with, customer service was AMAZING, the unit was quick to arrive at my house. The fitment lines and physical color of the unit exterior is A+++ no Gaps, no Cracks, etc.. I felt better paying a little more for this unit than the other and am glad i did. I recommend this unit to everyone that is looking for a nav upgrade. And please check CLT trends out for your purchase!! Also if you have any questions for me, please ask!!
Name:  LexusNav.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  84.0 KB[/IMG]
Old 11-27-12, 08:57 AM
SNORTH350
Driver School Candidate

Heres a another photo!
Name:  lexusnav2.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  110.8 KB

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350