FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 10:06 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
bob4256

Don't forget that your spare should have a TMPS sensor as well. This happen to me once with my spare was low on air, and the four main tires where at proper air pressure. once I filled the spare the light went away.
Great, Ill check that out too. But what about my second question? How do I get the tire pressure to show up on the unit? When I get to the tmps screen, it just shows it pressure as blank
Old 08-21-12, 10:06 AM
CoderDan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
bob4256

You are correct, you get what you pay for. As you can attest that when you had questions you could call me and all your questions where addressed.
Do you know if there are any plans for FlyAudio 3.0? It seems like there's still sooo much missing from the current unit.
Old 08-21-12, 05:49 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bob4256
Great, Ill check that out too. But what about my second question? How do I get the tire pressure to show up on the unit? When I get to the tmps screen, it just shows it pressure as blank
We here in the US never got the FlyAudio TPMS module.
Old 08-21-12, 08:27 PM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Just trying to switch my unit from displaying Fahrenheit as I am in Canada and use Celsius...Tried to track the method down (if there is one) no dice.
Old 08-22-12, 03:14 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ujelly350
Just trying to switch my unit from displaying Fahrenheit as I am in Canada and use Celsius...Tried to track the method down (if there is one) no dice.
ujelly350

You can change to Fahrenheit to Celsius in the TPMS settings, this is where you will find it.
Old 08-22-12, 04:17 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CLT
ujelly350

You can change to Fahrenheit to Celsius in the TPMS settings, this is where you will find it.
Thank you. Gonna go have a look.
Old 08-22-12, 04:34 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Awesome got it swichtech to celsius as well as metric. My unit has not start up logo, no Flyaudio just blackness to the disclaimer prompt? Wondering if this is how it is or if I can change it, also wondering if you can change the backround of the unit to a personal picture or if black is the only option.
Old 08-22-12, 06:59 AM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome got it swichtech to celsius as well as metric. My unit has not start up logo, no Flyaudio just blackness to the disclaimer prompt? Wondering if this is how it is or if I can change it, also wondering if you can change the backround of the unit to a personal picture or if black is the only option.
The start up logo is missing due to installation of an update. You can download the logo tool on FlyAudio's website and change the background. Here is the link; you need to click on function:
http://www.flyaudio.net/product_id.asp?id=196&xid=3
Old 08-22-12, 08:22 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
The start up logo is missing due to installation of an update. You can download the logo tool on FlyAudio's website and change the background. Here is the link; you need to click on function:

Thanks for all the quick help guys! I can install the stuff but working my way through software and options appears to be a struggle lol.
Old 08-22-12, 08:27 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NimaM
Also will this tool let me change the backround on the unit at all times or just during start up?
Old 08-22-12, 08:39 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Also will this tool let me change the backround on the unit at all times or just during start up?
I think just during start up. I dont think anyone has figured out how to change the GUI
Old 08-22-12, 09:09 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
I think just during start up. I dont think anyone has figured out how to change the GUI
Dang, alright I'll just patiently wait for a possible update that allows for that... Fingers crossed.
Old 08-23-12, 06:42 AM
ujelly350
Driver School Candidate

Am I able to use the "rear" preout on the back of this deck for a subwoofer?
Old 08-23-12, 07:19 AM
alberto84
Driver School Candidate

Hello, first of all apologize for my English, but I had to use a translator. I own a Lexus IS European version, I live in Spain and about a year ago bought a second-generation unit FlyAudio in store carlighttrends. The first few months the unit worked fine until one day started to continuously restart being unusable. Contact David carlighttrends and gave me an update that managed this problem. Here David offered a quick fix and I could fix the problem.
After that I started to see how the radio stations themselves were changed for no reason. So I asked David a new update on the computer and I read on the forum that these problems had been fixed by FlyAudio. David told me a month ago I sent the last update, which installed a week ago.
My surprise was that when you install this update the computer can not read music files I have on the SD card, so that the function of the stereo mp3 stopped working. Also radio frequencies are changed randomly and normally I can not hear the radio.
Last week I contacted David carlighttrends, but still did not answer, so I'm worried because they can not solve these problems and not have an update to work properly.
I wanted to ask for help from anyone with the last update and you can send it to me and tell me if your unit is working properly. I've also read that FlyAudio is changing some cables to solve these problems, so I understand that the store where I bought the multimedia unit, I have to send these cables to meet the guarantee.
I want to conclude by saying that this unit has to be updated to work correctly, and that seems wrong to sell a product with a high price and not work properly.

I hope this message is understood, it is translated with google translator.
Greetings
Old 08-23-12, 08:20 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alberto84
Hello, first of all apologize for my English, but I had to use a translator. I own a Lexus IS European version, I live in Spain and about a year ago bought a second-generation unit FlyAudio in store carlighttrends. The first few months the unit worked fine until one day started to continuously restart being unusable. Contact David carlighttrends and gave me an update that managed this problem. Here David offered a quick fix and I could fix the problem.
After that I started to see how the radio stations themselves were changed for no reason. So I asked David a new update on the computer and I read on the forum that these problems had been fixed by FlyAudio. David told me a month ago I sent the last update, which installed a week ago.
My surprise was that when you install this update the computer can not read music files I have on the SD card, so that the function of the stereo mp3 stopped working. Also radio frequencies are changed randomly and normally I can not hear the radio.
Last week I contacted David carlighttrends, but still did not answer, so I'm worried because they can not solve these problems and not have an update to work properly.
I wanted to ask for help from anyone with the last update and you can send it to me and tell me if your unit is working properly. I've also read that FlyAudio is changing some cables to solve these problems, so I understand that the store where I bought the multimedia unit, I have to send these cables to meet the guarantee.
I want to conclude by saying that this unit has to be updated to work correctly, and that seems wrong to sell a product with a high price and not work properly.

I hope this message is understood, it is translated with google translator.
Greetings

I'm sorry to tell you this but I doubt Flyaudio will ever fix any of these issues. Hell they promised all sorts of updates and fixes but the only thing that came out of it was a generation 2 unit that seems to have more problems than the 1st unit (which I own) with no solutions in sight. Also the vendor who you bought this from can promise you this and that but in the end they are not the manufacturer and I highly doubt they know the windows CE software to fix the problems themselves.

With that said to those thinking about buying a Flyaudio I think you should look into the units in the alibaba thread as you'll be buying basically the same thing with similar bug for a hell of a lot less money.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350