Originally Posted by javyLSU
^From what, CDs or iPod?

Javier
CDs and MP3 CD's.
Old 07-09-10, 12:13 PM
syn1313
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i tried to read the whole thing but that's a lot of reading, for short time, will this work for my 2006 IS 250?
Old 07-09-10, 12:15 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by syn1313
i tried to read the whole thing but that's a lot of reading, for short time, will this work for my 2006 IS 250?
It definitely will!
Old 07-09-10, 01:16 PM
syn1313
Rookie

thank you very much sir, now it's time to save up. My factory radio has been acting up big time, spits the cd out, volume went up to max by itself once, dont know what the hell is wrong with it, plus im out of the warranty period..
Old 07-09-10, 04:49 PM
muf-dvr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Automax Service
Welcome to Club Lexus and goodluck with your IS350 search.

The FlyAudio does come with an iPod/iPhone charging/syncing cable. You can scroll up and down via song or artist within the iPod interface while your iPod/iPhone charges. There is no "search" capability to browse folders on your iPod/iPhone yet.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Tanks for your response.

What is the deal with the video that shows you to go though artists on the screen? Different version?

How long is the cable and have others ran it somewhere else to be able to control the iPod?
Old 07-09-10, 06:33 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any word on when an firmware update is coming out?
Old 07-09-10, 11:24 PM
kstar22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by muf-dvr
Tanks for your response.

What is the deal with the video that shows you to go though artists on the screen? Different version?

How long is the cable and have others ran it somewhere else to be able to control the iPod?
I'm also in the process of getting this system. Mat from Automax is very helpful and he'll give you all the details you need and will answer all your questions. The ipod cable seems to be short from the pictures I've seen, maybe 3 feet max. I dont have the unit yet so I couldnt tell you. Most people on here seem to have the cable run to the glove box, but I want to put it in the center armrest, which is a long way from the back of the unit.

I will likely purchase a longer and more reliable ipod wire, the chinese made wires seem to break down very quickly.

Does anyone know if the connection for the ipod on the back of the unit is the regular USB connection like the one on your computer?
Old 07-09-10, 11:35 PM
kstar22
Driver School Candidate

Can someone please give me directions on how to get the latest iGo8? I tried the link a few pages back but it seems to be a broken link. PM or post will do. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-10-10, 12:00 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kstar22
I'm also in the process of getting this system. Mat from Automax is very helpful and he'll give you all the details you need and will answer all your questions. The ipod cable seems to be short from the pictures I've seen, maybe 3 feet max. I dont have the unit yet so I couldnt tell you. Most people on here seem to have the cable run to the glove box, but I want to put it in the center armrest, which is a long way from the back of the unit.

I will likely purchase a longer and more reliable ipod wire, the chinese made wires seem to break down very quickly.

Does anyone know if the connection for the ipod on the back of the unit is the regular USB connection like the one on your computer?
I ran mine to the center armrest. It is just long enough to reach there. The cables seem to be pretty well made. I leave my ipod plugged in and don't even touch it at all so really no worries about wearing the wire down.

By the way, all Apple products are assembled in China.
Old 07-10-10, 09:35 AM
kstar22
Driver School Candidate

That sounds great. I've bought a lot of the chinese sync/charge ipod cables and they wear out really fast thats why I was concerned.

So do you know if it is a regular USB connection on the back of the unit for the ipod cable?
Old 07-10-10, 12:27 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

The cable is more than long enough to reach the center armrest. I ran mine to the cupholder and there's cable to spare. The iPod cable is built into the main harness for the unit, it's not a separate plug (so it's not a "standard USB" plug).

Javier
Old 07-10-10, 06:19 PM
muf-dvr
Rookie

Originally Posted by javyLSU
The cable is more than long enough to reach the center armrest. I ran mine to the cupholder and there's cable to spare. The iPod cable is built into the main harness for the unit, it's not a separate plug (so it's not a "standard USB" plug).

Javier

That kinda how I had it in my IS300

Do you have any pics J of how your set up is running.

I was hoping I just could just run the iPod off the screen like in the video and just the leave the iPod in the glovebox.

Will that Version ever be available?
Old 07-10-10, 06:46 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I want to know about where to run the harness also
I was suggested glove box is most popular
Old 07-13-10, 06:42 AM
muf-dvr
Rookie

I went back through the thread and found this video again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0

In the new update will you be able to control the iPod like it is in the video? Search artist? Title search?

When will this be available?

If not anytime soon...does anybody have pics of where they ran the iPod cable other than the glovebox to control the iPod? Javier...got any pics?

Im looking hard for an IS350 and im on the fence as to get one with NAV/ML or one with out and get this unit. I like how this unit allows it to be customized.

Anybody have OEM NAV then switch over to this unit have any input?
Old 07-13-10, 07:56 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by muf-dvr
I went back through the thread and found this video again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0

In the new update will you be able to control the iPod like it is in the video? Search artist? Title search?

When will this be available?

If not anytime soon...does anybody have pics of where they ran the iPod cable other than the glovebox to control the iPod? Javier...got any pics?

Im looking hard for an IS350 and im on the fence as to get one with NAV/ML or one with out and get this unit. I like how this unit allows it to be customized.

Anybody have OEM NAV then switch over to this unit have any input?
I am not sure when the software update will be available. I will post instructions on how to get it when it does become available. I only know of one person who has switched from factory NAV to the FlyAudio and the thread is located here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-levinson.html

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350