Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 12:44 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anybody seen this?

Happened once before when I was playing mp3 from the sd card but after the car was turned off for a while and turned back on it went away. Last night it happened again but when I turned on the car today it was still there, and was also preventing the GPS from turning on as well. I had to delete all the mp3's from the sd card to prevent this screen from showing up...
Old 04-28-10, 12:54 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not seen that screen before, but I just Emailed FlyAudio to see if they know what's going on. I will let you know when I hear back. Thanks!
Old 04-28-10, 01:28 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Matt. Just got the radio. Looks great! Does the unit have pre amp outputs to add outboard amplifiers? Or do I just use speaker wire?
Old 04-28-10, 01:52 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Has anybody seen this?

Happened once before when I was playing mp3 from the sd card but after the car was turned off for a while and turned back on it went away. Last night it happened again but when I turned on the car today it was still there, and was also preventing the GPS from turning on as well. I had to delete all the mp3's from the sd card to prevent this screen from showing up...
I heard back from FlyAudio and they recommend using the USB interface for MP3 music. Since the map software also runs on the SD card, they say that playing music via SD card substantially increases the workload of the FlyAudio system. They have disabled this feature on their 7500 series line because of this.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Matt. Just got the radio. Looks great! Does the unit have pre amp outputs to add outboard amplifiers? Or do I just use speaker wire?
You should have 1 set of pre-amp outs on the main Lexus harness. I am sure other owners will have more info on this and how they setup their aftermarket amp/stereos to work with the FlyAudio system. Thanks!
Old 04-28-10, 02:10 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Automax Service
I heard back from FlyAudio and they recommend using the USB interface for MP3 music. Since the map software also runs on the SD card, they say that playing music via SD card substantially increases the workload of the FlyAudio system. They have disabled this feature on their 7500 series line because of this.
Playing mp3 from the usb would be my preference, but the problem is that the flyaudio doesn't handle mp3's the same way as when it's in a card. It doesn't randomize, it doesn't keep your playing position, it doesn't display the song info. And to get into usb playback it's a convoluted process of going into DVD mode then USB mode then USB interface then using the on-screen buttons to scroll to a track, then select the track. And I'd have to do this every time I start the car. It's annoying. If the next firmware update allows it to handle mp3 tracks from a usb drive the same way as it does on the sd card (minus the glitches or the occasional audio distortions) then that'll be ideal.

That is why I got an Ipod to solve both issues, but my system doesn't charge Ipods for some mysterious reason. I've tried THREE different Ipods of various generations and none of them charge...
Old 04-28-10, 02:31 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Playing mp3 from the usb would be my preference, but the problem is that the flyaudio doesn't handle mp3's the same way as when it's in a card. It doesn't randomize, it doesn't keep your playing position, it doesn't display the song info. And to get into usb playback it's a convoluted process of going into DVD mode then USB mode then USB interface then using the on-screen buttons to scroll to a track, then select the track. And I'd have to do this every time I start the car. It's annoying. If the next firmware update allows it to handle mp3 tracks from a usb drive the same way as it does on the sd card (minus the glitches or the occasional audio distortions) then that'll be ideal.
Wil,

I understand what you're saying. I will pass your suggestions along to FlyAudio and hope that they incorporate a better way to browse USB devices. Thanks!
Old 04-30-10, 11:22 AM
spoilerlex
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigation DVD aftermarket head unit

Has anyone seen this radio before?
http://www.caradvanced.com/products/...C-etc....html#

Last edited by spoilerlex; 04-30-10 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-30-10, 11:50 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spoilerlex
That's the flyaudio unit, about which you will find numerous threads with a quick search
Old 04-30-10, 12:21 PM
spoilerlex
Driver School Candidate

This looks soooooo sweet.
Is it a good quality? Do u know that?
Old 04-30-10, 12:26 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check this thread. (search is your friend)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...250-350-a.html

it has 44 pages of information. check it out
Old 04-30-10, 12:32 PM
spoilerlex
Driver School Candidate

This looks soooooo sweet.
Is it a good quality? Do u know that?
Old 04-30-10, 12:49 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya i have personally played around with one, i like it better than factory navi. but go check that flyaudio thread out.
Old 04-30-10, 01:17 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

I have it, I love it
Old 04-30-10, 02:13 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone told me the flyaudio head unit has a parametric equalizer.. is that true?
Old 04-30-10, 03:28 PM
spoilerlex
Driver School Candidate

how much did u pay for your it?

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350