IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Decided to go two tone! Let me know what you think! [Pics]

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-09, 08:47 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
Being someone who personally has more aggressive tastes, I love the hood and don't find this "ricey" in the least bit.

Idk, just a few ideas to play with. I love what you're doing with it
omg karasha finally a pic of your car and your posting more i noticed! lol i like what you've done to it. so you got those headlights done huh? how was the process? lol
Old 11-09-09, 08:58 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
omg karasha finally a pic of your car and your posting more i noticed! lol i like what you've done to it. so you got those headlights done huh? how was the process? lol
I know, mISta! I never post my car... it's because it's just not done and is just extremely basic right now. I have a lot coming in store for it, I just have to be patient.

I didn't do the headlights myself; I had a friend do it for me. Did a way better job than I probably could have considering he's experienced with that sort of thing
Old 11-09-09, 09:49 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

I'm sorta torn...there's some things I don't like, but I think what I don't like is that none of this flows completely yet, and when it's done it will look much better. Some ideas I had were previously stated, but here it goes:
-gloss black emblems
-wheels -->black center, keep the lip chrome
-black grill frame
-black out lights and fogs

that should pull it all together, nice to see some originality
Old 11-10-09, 02:09 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swlabr82
the colors do seem a little off as others have mentioned, but I really like the whole idea. The top of the car looks ver nice.
I love just about any method or mod to make a car more unique. Keep us updated
Thank you this is turning into quite a build counting on my original plans were to keep it nearly stock lol.

Originally Posted by IZZO2FIZZO
i do like it and i dont at the same time...i feel like the hood should be all black maybe the grill insert too, and the trunk lid all black too with a cf spoiler. get those wheels powder coated and u should be set....thats just my 2cents

other then that...looking good
Originally Posted by Lex v2.5.0
looks ok, imo if you had gotten a cf trunk and hood it would've looked better. or at least painted the whole hood and trunk
Originally Posted by areukhmer
i was about the say exact same thing!! CF hood and trunk + black roof would be sick!!! but that my opinion whatever float your boat!!
Thank guys, i'm really trying to get away from what everyone else has, CF hood, CF trunk is awesome don't get me wrong, but i've yet to see this done in gloss black on MRM.

Originally Posted by montgb
Not too bad!

I like the idea about black wheels.
Thank you The wheels should 'make' the car.

Originally Posted by edgeucated
ive seen this on other cars before, and looking from above the car, the car looks great
I just noticed this morning how awesome it looks from my office window

Originally Posted by Mv350
i like it alot man, way to be different sir, i wish i had the money to do something like this!
Thank you! sounds good coming from another MRM

Originally Posted by karasha
Being someone who personally has more aggressive tastes, I love the hood and don't find this "ricey" in the least bit.

I, personally, think what would look good:
-Darken the emblems (but it could just be the flash/lighting making your emblems look lighter since you said they are black chrome)
-Get some black face wheels (but I don't know how I feel about the MRM lip... I guess that's just having to be brave and doing it if you really want it)
-Drop her moar!!
-The blacked out headlights and fogs look fabulous on our colour:
-Black out the chrome around your windows...

Idk, just a few ideas to play with. I love what you're doing with it
Thank you and thank you again! I agree that it's not ricey because i am going for an aggressive look, but i'm only 40% of the way there, so it'll look a little goofy until silver starts disappearing. I want to do my emblems darker, when i paint the window surround and visors, i'll do emblems as well.

Your car looks great!! I cannot wait to do the headlights and foglights, scared of doing it, but excited for the final look! Def. looks awesome on MRM.

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
not bad at all I like it

Black wheels + black ground effects kit will make it look amazing!
Thank bro! im doing some front lip research

Originally Posted by Tommy350
hmmmm....

i think darker wheels will look better.... and selling the car like that isnt going to be easy... but props on doing something different
Thank you, I'll be keeping this car until i have the funds to buy an F, so i'm not worried about the sale of the car at all, i knew this when i put the first mod on the car, i do have an extra hood in MRM too.

Originally Posted by isthrizzy
I'm sorta torn...there's some things I don't like, but I think what I don't like is that none of this flows completely yet, and when it's done it will look much better. Some ideas I had were previously stated, but here it goes:
-gloss black emblems
-wheels -->black center, keep the lip chrome
-black grill frame
-black out lights and fogs

that should pull it all together, nice to see some originality
Thank you! I have that same torn feeling, however in my head i already see it with black wheels hah, i really want to do a color matched lip, i think polished won't match well.

Awesome replies guys, thank you! To be completely honest i knew i would get these exact answers. It's an unfinished product as is, just wanted to post some pictures as an update because i never post any pictures lol
Old 11-10-09, 02:13 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

that's not bad at all. like everybody else said, black wheels will probably make a big difference
Old 11-10-09, 07:39 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by metalgear
that's not bad at all. like everybody else said, black wheels will probably make a big difference
Thanks! hopefully by the time you're back she will be all finished!
Old 11-10-09, 09:08 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

lil wierd to me.. i think it would of been better with carbon fiber vinyl.???
Old 11-10-09, 09:16 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

That came out fantastic. I agree with you the wheels somewhat 'stand out' but painting them won't hurt

Nice rims btw, i regret having sold mine!

Originally Posted by allst4r
lil wierd to me.. i think it would of been better with carbon fiber vinyl.???
No. That looks straight up retarded & ricey, on any car. You cannot replicate the pattern properly, and it is noticeable.

Paint black if you must follow with a 'theme'.
Old 11-10-09, 11:20 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
That came out fantastic. I agree with you the wheels somewhat 'stand out' but painting them won't hurt

Nice rims btw, i regret having sold mine!

No. That looks straight up retarded & ricey, on any car. You cannot replicate the pattern properly, and it is noticeable.

Paint black if you must follow with a 'theme'.
Thanks for having faith lol
Old 11-10-09, 11:42 AM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmmmmmm...its not bad i suppose.. its not ugly and its not great.. so i guess im 50/50 lol ill wait for an update !

edit: u need coils for a more aggressive stance itll help with the look your going for
Old 11-10-09, 11:57 AM
LexFather

I like it for a show car, not a daily driver. Nice work though.
Old 11-10-09, 12:20 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by L-S-D
hmmmmmmm...its not bad i suppose.. its not ugly and its not great.. so i guess im 50/50 lol ill wait for an update !

edit: u need coils for a more aggressive stance itll help with the look your going for
I'll be in the market for coils once i do enough research as to which are the easiest of fastest to rebuild.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I like it for a show car, not a daily driver. Nice work though.
Thank you! The Lex isn't my daily driver, if you look in the garage, there is my 02 Sentra GXE with 90k Soon to be going under winter prep in a few weeks.
Old 11-10-09, 12:47 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

hmm i jus pulled the trigger on megan LP racing coils... IMO there the best bang for your buck and will give you that super aggressive stance u are looking for

i my self am twotone also.. white/blak acents all over
Old 11-10-09, 01:00 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

I like it. Next do: black grill surrounding, black headlight housing, black wheels, SICK.
I already like the way you are going.
Old 11-10-09, 01:34 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its funny cuz im very opinionated about the 2IS, lots of cars ppl like i dont care for... BUT... in your case... lots of ppl seem not to feel what you have done, thing is... i like it.

Quick Reply: Decided to go two tone! Let me know what you think! [Pics]