Linea Corse DYNA
35.63%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

The Great Debate: Five Axis S5:F or Linea Corse DYNA

Old 09-30-09, 12:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

While I agree that there are only so many rimes you can reinvent the wheel, most companies at least try to carry designs that are unique. Then there are companies that SPECIALIZE in copying popular wheel designs and capitalizing on the hard work and success of others. To compare a company like Work to Linea Corsa is a complete joke, and is a complete slap in the face to the companies who actually put in the R&D money as well as the marketing dollars to make their products successful. Everyone is more than welcome to spend their dollars however they like, but don't buy knockoff wheels and expect to get any compliments from anyone who actually cares about the automotive aftermarket industry. Get them because YOU like them and you don't care what other people think, because that's the hill you'll have to climb.

Javier
Old 09-30-09, 12:33 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rebs
I prefer the styling of the LCD. I think it looks more elegant, but most of the pictures I've seen have been on the SGM.

Regarding "knockoffs" or "ripoffs", I would just like to point out that the manufacturer most of you think LCD is replicating wasn't the first either. I think when considering manufacturers you should consider durability, customer service, etc. Most of the wheels out there are replica or variation of another manufacturer's wheel (even if it's from several years ago). Car manufacturers are just as guilty of "ripping off" successfully styling (or functionality) from one another...

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
+1...LCD never set out to duplicate the t1s in the first place. To even the playing field then you must say that Work set out to duplicate HRE's 891r because that is where I first seen this design style. All these wheels have a difference to set them apart but none make the "exact same mirror design". If LCD intentions were to duplicate then they should have made the wheel exactly like the t1s to a tee. Then stamp their wheel with a fake work logo...that is a replica in my book. The same as my wife wouldn't buy a fake LV bag I wouldn't buy a fake Work wheel.

As for the wheel choice...I really like both styles. Really different in design so you gotta base your decision on what kind of look you are after. But both wheels will compliment your car. Plus they are both priced affordable

Last edited by jns350; 09-30-09 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 01:14 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by javyLSU
While I agree that there are only so many rimes you can reinvent the wheel, most companies at least try to carry designs that are unique. Then there are companies that SPECIALIZE in copying popular wheel designs and capitalizing on the hard work and success of others. To compare a company like Work to Linea Corsa is a complete joke, and is a complete slap in the face to the companies who actually put in the R&D money as well as the marketing dollars to make their products successful. Everyone is more than welcome to spend their dollars however they like, but don't buy knockoff wheels and expect to get any compliments from anyone who actually cares about the automotive aftermarket industry. Get them because YOU like them and you don't care what other people think, because that's the hill you'll have to climb.

Javier
This is actually a good discussion/topic.

On my end, when I bought my reps. the last thing I had in mind, "how will people react or will I get compliments?" I don't give a damn is what I said! Its not going to any show, its a freakn car to drive from point A to point B.

But if you guys want to pay for my daughters Stanford University tuition, along with my mortgage payment, put more money into my company, etc...then fine, I'll buy the real BBS wheels while you guys pay for my other bills.

And I saw a sig from ROMINI (I believe) "you should be embarass/ashame for rocking reps" My reply, the only time you should be embarass/ashame is when you do something wrong, such as talk back to your parents, hurt someone you love, ignore your child, light up a crackpipe, etc... PERIOD!!!
There is nothing to be embarass/ashame when it comes to saving money...in fact you should be proud. I'm sorry there are companies that make replicas, but at the same time I'm thankful as well.

FACT: I put over $75k (car and parts) on my M3. I sold it for $30k. I never felt so ashame the day I sold it...all that money down the drain. And guess what, I'm starting all over again, but this time around I'm trying to be a lot wiser...not sure its working though.
Old 09-30-09, 01:19 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too can't get excited about the replica thing. I like the LCD just because it looks better IMO.
Old 09-30-09, 01:29 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JVT

FACT: I put over $75k (car and parts) on my M3. I sold it for $30k. I never felt so ashame the day I sold it...all that money down the drain. And guess what, I'm starting all over again, but this time around I'm trying to be a lot wiser...not sure its working though.
I LOL'ed
Old 09-30-09, 01:44 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I LOL'ed
I guess I didn't sound to convincing...I gotta drop the bottle and get back to work.
Old 09-30-09, 01:47 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jns350
+1...LCD never set out to duplicate the t1s in the first place. To even the playing field then you must say that Work set out to duplicate HRE's 891r because that is where I first seen this design style. All these wheels have a difference to set them apart but none make the "exact same mirror design". If LCD intentions were to duplicate then they should have made the wheel exactly like the t1s to a tee. Then stamp their wheel with a fake work logo...that is a replica in my book. The same as my wife wouldn't buy a fake LV bag I wouldn't buy a fake Work wheel.

As for the wheel choice...I really like both styles. Really different in design so you gotta base your decision on what kind of look you are after. But both wheels will compliment your car. Plus they are both priced affordable
I think you can go back even further then the HRE's 891r. I know a lot of people think Volk, Work, etc. are putting out original designs and therefore everyone else is stealing or replicating their work.

However, the truth is almost everyone is looking or imitating wheel designs that came out years or decades ago. Yes some of the manufacturing process and materials have changed over the years, but a lot of the designs are completely recycled from decades ago. The fact that companies with dedicated R&D departments come out with these "new" designs "first" definitely doesn't make them original. I definitely give them props for modernizing a design and/or developing a new manufacturing technique and even making the design popular, but to call them original....well that is a huge stretch.

To not expect other companies to imitate that success or design would be like getting rid of all pc's except IBM, etc.

Last edited by rebs; 09-30-09 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-30-09, 01:49 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

5axis for me. Maybe it's the pic, the 5axis wheel looks so good on it.
Old 09-30-09, 01:53 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JVT
But if you guys want to pay for my daughters Stanford University tuition, guess what, I'm starting all over again, but this time around I'm trying to be a lot wiser...not sure its working though.
Haha +2....Your comment just reminded me to open a second CD account....I'm glad I still have a way to go..but it's never too soon
is it 2010 yet??? I wanna see that GTR man
Old 09-30-09, 02:02 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id rock the linea corse. i was in the same boat. i wanted nice wheels for a low price. i lucked out and got my fsports when sewell had them for like 1400. the way i see it is they both weigh about the same. both are cast and both are made not in japan. get whatever looks better to you.
Old 09-30-09, 02:07 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Haha +2....Your comment just reminded me to open a second CD account....I'm glad I still have a way to go..but it's never too soon
is it 2010 yet??? I wanna see that GTR man
It's true, we got other important business to handle. Just because people rock replicas don't make them losers.

I'll PM you about my GT-R. Don't want to derail a hot topic.
Old 09-30-09, 02:54 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redline201
id rock the linea corse. i was in the same boat. i wanted nice wheels for a low price. i lucked out and got my fsports when sewell had them for like 1400. the way i see it is they both weigh about the same. both are cast and both are made not in japan. get whatever looks better to you.
dang i regret not jumping on the wheels when it was apart of the f-sport summer promo. fsport wheels are sweet!, but five axis comes in a close second
Old 09-30-09, 04:08 PM
creemail
Driver

WOW nice responses guys! Looks like 5A's has the lead.....

Keep em coming

Cree
Old 09-30-09, 04:20 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking at Linea Corsa's ENTIRE wheel lineup it's hard to argue that their entire focus on is copying popular wheels. There's not a single "unique" or "original" design, and they frequently appear on one of my favorite websites, fakewheels.com.

Originally Posted by JVT
But if you guys want to pay for my daughters Stanford University tuition, along with my mortgage payment, put more money into my company, etc...then fine, I'll buy the real BBS wheels while you guys pay for my other bills.

And I saw a sig from ROMINI (I believe) "you should be embarass/ashame for rocking reps" My reply, the only time you should be embarass/ashame is when you do something wrong, such as talk back to your parents, hurt someone you love, ignore your child, light up a crackpipe, etc... PERIOD!!!
There is nothing to be embarass/ashame when it comes to saving money...in fact you should be proud. I'm sorry there are companies that make replicas, but at the same time I'm thankful as well.

"Modifying" your car with aftermarket parts is not "wise" in the least. The "wise" thing would be to leave it in stock form. You bought Linea Corsa wheels because YOU liked them, and YOU don't care what other people think. There's nothing wrong with that - that's exactly what I said in my post above. But when these same people are buying fake body kits that they're passing off as "INGs" kits, and Linea Corsa wheels with BBS center caps, that's where I get disturbed. I still don't like Linea Corsa employing the business model that they have, but I understand that there are different products for different people with different budgets. And like I said before, we're all adults here and free to spend our own money on whatever we like.

Originally Posted by rebs
...To not expect other companies to imitate that success or design would be like getting rid of all pc's except IBM, etc.
That's a tremendous oversimplification of a problem that is driving LEGITIMATE aftermarket companies into the ground. BBS and RAYS make wheels that have been used in REAL competition for years. Did they invent the mesh and the 7-spoke design? Of course not, but they made superior QUALITY products, spent the money to prove them in F1, JGTC, Indy Car, ALMS, etc... and infused design elements that made it their own. The copies of these wheels very conveniently include these subtle design cues, so to say that just because "they're not the first makes it okay" is a bit naive. As I said before, we're all free to spend our money however we like, but I'm not going to give money to companies who steal designs, name it something else, and pass it off as their own.

Originally Posted by JVT
...Just because people rock replicas don't make them losers...
Agreed. I don't think anyone here is calling a replica buyer a "loser," but you should buy them for the right reasons (see my first post). By the same token, you shouldn't expect to buy some replicas, come to a luxury automotive enthusiast forum, and expect to "show off" your replicas and get ooohs and ahhhs.

I knew when I posted my first reply I knew that this was a lighting-rod topic, and many people have strong feelings one way or the other. This is how I feel - I accept that other individuals do not feel as I do, and appreciate the opposing points of view.

Javier
Old 09-30-09, 04:23 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Five Axis, I love Varianza T1S, but something doesn't look right with the dynas.
^^^^^What he said^^^^^

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Great Debate: Five Axis S5:F or Linea Corse DYNA