IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How do I enable auto seat back for easy entry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 09:28 PM
kostarae
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I enable auto seat back for easy entry?

Just bought a new IS350(C) and the dealer was showing us stuff and ended up disabling the seat sliding back when the door is opened. This really helped with entry since my mom sits VERY close to the wheel since she is on the shorter side.

I tried to re-enable this feature to no end and can not get it to work. I am missing something.

I want the seat to slide back when I open the door and then slide back up when the engine is started to the driver saved driving position.

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 09-26-09, 10:59 PM
kostarae
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know how to enable the easy exit/entry feature?

Please?
Old 09-27-09, 04:43 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, you gave 1 hour for a response for a question on a car that like 3 people on the forum have........at 1:00 in the morning

anyway, AFAIK you can only program the seat to move when you hit your unlock button on the keyfob. Further, I don't think it will move one position for entry, then move to another after it's started. I think only the steering wheel is supposed to move upon startup, not the seat.

Basically, the seat moves to it's driver's position when you hit the unlock button, so that you don't have to hit the memory button when you get in.

I don't know for sure though. I know it's somewhere in the 1000 page manual we get though

Last edited by mikes rx; 09-27-09 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-27-09, 05:17 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Dude, you gave 1 hour for a response for a question on a car that like 3 people on the forum have........at 1:00 in the morning

anyway, AFAIK you can only program the seat to move when you hit your unlock button on the keyfob. Further, I don't think it will move one position for entry, then move to another after it's started. I think only the steering wheel is supposed to move upon startup, not the seat.

Basically, the seat moves to it's driver's position when you hit the unlock button, so that you don't have to hit the memory button when you get in.

I don't know for sure though. I know it's somewhere in the 1000 page manual we get though
I'll assume that you bought it from a dealer
Pick up the phone and ask.
That's what they are there for.
Old 09-27-09, 05:19 AM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by EJC
I'll assume that you bought it from a dealer
Pick up the phone and ask.
That's what they are there for.
Don't quote me.....I'm not the one with the question

just givin you a hard time
Old 09-27-09, 05:24 AM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kostarae
Anyone know how to enable the easy exit/entry feature?

Please?
i believe it may be in the lexus personalized settings, which must be changed by the dealer.
Old 09-27-09, 05:26 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mean this to sound sarcastic (although it will), but why not just take a look at the owner's manual? It will take 5 minutes to get your own answer, rather than staring at your screen and waiting around for someone else to look at their owner's manual for you!
Old 09-27-09, 05:32 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Don't quote me.....I'm not the one with the question

just givin you a hard time
Not giving you a hard time, just ADDing to your comment.
A question on an option that few have at this time deserves a call to the dealer.
Old 09-27-09, 05:40 AM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by EJC
Not giving you a hard time, just ADDing to your comment.
A question on an option that few have at this time deserves a call to the dealer.
It's cool man.
Old 09-27-09, 12:35 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
i believe it may be in the lexus personalized settings, which must be changed by the dealer.
then it wouldn't reset itself.

open the manual or call the dealer
Old 09-27-09, 03:27 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

each key fob has a personalized setting based off of the memorized settings you set. my is 250 has these settings on the door...1,2,3 and once I get the car unlocked, set to on, adjusted everything, mirrors, seat etc... I set my preference. 1 in my case, 2 for my wife.

whenever my keyfob unlucks the door, all the motorized stuff adjusts to my settings. it should be in the manual and diy.

dont know if this feature is on all models.
Old 09-27-09, 04:26 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The only thing that moves, when you shut the car off is the tilt/telescopic steering wheel. If you have the memory option, you can link the seat/steering wheel/side mirrors' memory setting (Memory number) with each FOB. One for you and one for someone else. When you open the door, the memory setting will move everything to the linked number setting. You could set memory number 3 to move the seat back (hit it before you exit) and then the seat will reset when you open the door.

Koz
Old 09-27-09, 04:32 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Torii
each key fob has a personalized setting based off of the memorized settings you set. my is 250 has these settings on the door...1,2,3 and once I get the car unlocked, set to on, adjusted everything, mirrors, seat etc... I set my preference. 1 in my case, 2 for my wife.

whenever my keyfob unlucks the door, all the motorized stuff adjusts to my settings. it should be in the manual and diy.

dont know if this feature is on all models.
this is not what he's talking about. he has a convertible, and the seat moves up and back for rear access. You have memory seats as part of the Lux or Sport Pkg.

Unless, of course, the convertible is the same as the sedan. Then it's as Koz said, and that's an LPS that you can't change yourself.
Old 09-27-09, 04:45 PM
kostarae
Driver School Candidate

I've checked the manual in all possible locations where it may be listed.

I know how to set it so when the door is unlocked by the key it goes into position but that's not really what I'm looking for.

If the seat is in position for my mom to drive (its her car), its very difficult to get into the car because she is short and drives closer to the steering wheel. Therefore, this doesn't really help.

Many vehicles have easy entry (which I thought this car had before the salesman inadvertently changed it while setting it up for my mom) --

Her Hummer had it....the RX350 that was loaned did it --- and I thought this car did too.

I just simply want the seat to slide back for easy exit/entry.

Is this feature not available?
Old 09-27-09, 06:39 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by kostarae
I've checked the manual in all possible locations where it may be listed.

I know how to set it so when the door is unlocked by the key it goes into position but that's not really what I'm looking for.

If the seat is in position for my mom to drive (its her car), its very difficult to get into the car because she is short and drives closer to the steering wheel. Therefore, this doesn't really help.

Many vehicles have easy entry (which I thought this car had before the salesman inadvertently changed it while setting it up for my mom) --

Her Hummer had it....the RX350 that was loaned did it --- and I thought this car did too.

I just simply want the seat to slide back for easy exit/entry.

Is this feature not available?
I know what you're referring to, and no it's not available.

The only thing you can do is program the second keyfob to your driving position. When you press unlock, the seat should move to your desired position.

Quick Reply: How do I enable auto seat back for easy entry?