IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS-F Rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-09, 12:03 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
See we all told you it would fit just fine Keep us posted with picts. What are you going to do for reflectors?

Lou
They're coming in a couple days, and the tow hook covers are also coming as well.

Steveo88, what are you doing to do to fill that space in the exhaust outlet?

Javier
Still trying to decide whether to drop 600 bucks on the IS-F tips, but for that much money I can just get a full catback For now I'm going to just space the exhaust so the outlet is somewhat in the middle so it looks "passable" but definitely not great. At the very least, I'll try to find some decent look mufflers possibly and welding it on to the stock piping to fill some of that gap. Other than that, I honestly don't know what to do, I thought about fabricating another OEM ISX50 tip onto my current exhaust to "resemble" the IS-F quad outlet but I don't have the welding knowledge to think of a way to rig that up. I'm always open for suggestions and ideas so let me know! For now, the bumper is going to get painted after the reflectors and tow hook covers come in.
Old 09-22-09, 01:54 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

my isf bumper has also arrived, here it is:

relectors and is-f tips are also on order should be arriving soon
Old 09-22-09, 06:03 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

ok heres my test results so far. I bought the IS-F bumper as pictured in the box above. I removed the OEM bumper to test the fitment before ordering the tips, reflectors and the towbar covers. The result of the test fitment is its a perfect fit.

Alot of people talk about a gap between the trunk lid and the bumper, this is not the case, due to the IS-F bumper being slightly different in that area it just reflects light in a different way and appears to be a gap but it is not a gap at all and even the appearance of a gap is not bad at all. Below are my photos of the test fitment. I have now sent off the bumper to the bodyshop for painting

Old 09-22-09, 07:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Wow, is this going to become a popular mod with you guys

Lou
Old 09-22-09, 07:55 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

This is what I've been saying all along - it's not actually a gap, just a difference in the top side of the IS-F bumper that meets the trunk lid. IMO you guys that do this need to do it all the way with the exhaust tips. That small exhaust coming through the huge hole the IS-F has for the quad tips is going to look ghastly if left as is. Just my $.02...

Javier
Old 09-22-09, 08:03 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Thanks for all your advice javier. From other threads I took your advice & u were right 100%

my isf tips, reflectors and those squarish towing covers are all on order
Old 09-22-09, 12:39 PM
autofreak
Pole Position

ahmed please give pics, and javy your hella right, im doing this mod too i love it!
Old 09-22-09, 12:59 PM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by autofreak
ahmed please give pics, and javy your hella right, im doing this mod too i love it!
i only have the test fitting pics that are posted above at the moment. I have removed the IS-F bumper and put my original back in. the IS-F bumper has gone to bodyshop for painting and waiting for the IS-F tips, reflectors and the towing hook covers to arrive.

as you can see by the pics the bottom of our OEM IS250 exhaust tailpipe falls at the bottom which will be perfect place to have it output through the bottom section of the IS-F tailpipe. I will basically be removing my OEM tips and i'll cut the tailpipe so that it falls behind the IS-F tips.

Oh and another thing, the gap issue between the trunklid and the bumper is only visible in the photos due to the lighting reflection and the design of the IS-F bumper. When you actually look at it with your own eyes, there is no gap at all. It is maybe a mm or so more than the OEM bumper gap, and i personally prefer this because the OEM one is so tight that the trunk-lid starts to damage a bit of the bumpers paintwork
Old 09-22-09, 12:59 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder if the 2IS GFX rear kit will fit on the is-f bumper( to get the normal exhaust holes, with the aggressive bumper.
Old 09-22-09, 07:40 PM
autofreak
Pole Position

hmmm really dont know, but yea i wanna see it fully done with exhaust tips and everything, of course it would be a waste in my opinion to retrofit stock exhaust, aftermarket exhaust FTW!
Old 09-22-09, 07:40 PM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

ooo.. looks nice might consider this.. lol
Old 09-22-09, 08:02 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

definitely needs the tips to finish the look
Old 09-23-09, 01:00 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Aghhh I wish there were more used parts available for this car ... It's just too new Are there any forum sponsors/dealers that would be able to give me a good price for some is-f tips?
Old 09-23-09, 11:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Good Job guys!! ...........(Nice pics Lou..!! )

As I said many months ago...

From the Firewall Back an ISx50 & IS-F are Dimensional THE SAME.
Including the Doors, Roof, Entire Rear Clip, Rear Bumper, Trunk & All Glass...

In my opinion, if your'e going to get the IS-F Rear bumper, complete "The Look" with the OEM IS-F Diffusers / Tips..
That will save you a huge headache!!
* You will have to cut off the muffler tips from the oem ISx50 exhaust.

or

just go custom with a single tip or dual tip exit, with new mufflers.

For sure the mufflers do not line up in the same place, so something has to be modified with the exhaust to fill the hole...

Good Luck

Joe Z
Old 09-23-09, 12:17 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually Joe, I said that.

Javier

Quick Reply: IS-F Rear bumper