IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 08:20 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You keep mentioning your "public statement" about razor cuts, which only makes me roll my eyes and say "BIG DEAL".

Put it in writing in a warranty or it's worthless. For $4k the install should be absolute perfection.

The big setback I see with doing this rather than paying for a repaint is that the door sills, etc. will still be the original paint, and there will be a line where the vinyl stops and the paint starts. So everytime someone opens their door, it will look unfinished, correct?
Old 09-12-09, 11:19 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much for just the roof?
Old 09-12-09, 03:27 PM
yOyOYoo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 15951
The big setback I see with doing this rather than paying for a repaint is that the door sills, etc. will still be the original paint, and there will be a line where the vinyl stops and the paint starts. So everytime someone opens their door, it will look unfinished, correct?
I'm concerned about this too

Are all the vinyl's matte color or do they come in glossy color as well? Will it look like a new paint job? Interested in wrapping (or repainting) my car an "IS-F ultrasonic blue" type of color.
Old 09-14-09, 11:19 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=15951;4840921]You keep mentioning your "public statement" about razor cuts, which only makes me roll my eyes and say "BIG DEAL".

Put it in writing in a warranty or it's worthless. For $4k the install should be absolute perfection.

QUOTE]

The assumption in your statement is that it is not in writing. Actually it is in writing on all of our invoices along with warranty cards
Old 09-14-09, 11:21 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 15951
You keep mentioning your "public statement" about razor cuts, which only makes me roll my eyes and say "BIG DEAL".

Certainly door sills, and other parts of the car such as engine bay, undersides of hood are not filmed.

As for a repaint, if it is not a concern for those about resale, then it is certainly a viable option.
Old 09-14-09, 11:25 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Pictures of the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis1.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis2.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis3.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis4.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis5.jpg  

Old 09-14-09, 11:28 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

More shots of the finished work
Attached Thumbnails Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis6.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis7.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis9.jpg   Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350-matteis10.jpg  
Old 09-14-09, 11:30 AM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I'm concerned about this too

Are all the vinyl's matte color or do they come in glossy color as well? Will it look like a new paint job? Interested in wrapping (or repainting) my car an "IS-F ultrasonic blue" type of color.
We can provide a matted finish to a variety of colors. However, we do not believe the glossy films are up to our standards - too much orange peel.
Old 09-14-09, 11:59 AM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

daaayyyuuuummmmmmmm

i like this ****! straight dirty! big thumbs up!

i want this done! and personally the rims are tight!
Old 09-14-09, 12:29 PM
iDomoKun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

loooks nicee! needs some window tints though
Old 09-14-09, 12:41 PM
yOyOYoo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks very good!

Can you post a picture of an open door where the vinyl stops revealing the original paint? Does the vinyl stop at the edge or is it wrapped into the edge?
Old 09-14-09, 02:33 PM
Premier Films
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
looks very good!

Can you post a picture of an open door where the vinyl stops revealing the original paint? Does the vinyl stop at the edge or is it wrapped into the edge?
Thank you. We did not take any pictures with the doors open, but the edges are wrapped and tucked wherever possible. For those local, the customer will likely be driving his car much more and showing it at local events. You will be able to see it in person.
Old 09-14-09, 03:38 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is an outstanding wrap job. The only thing lacking on the car is a proper drop.
Old 10-01-09, 12:46 PM
incog6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Premier Films
And of course, this is next on the list - matte white with a topcoating to protect the white finish from oils / dirt.
So the vinyl can be painted on? Also, what kind of topcoating are you using? Please elaborate. Thanks.
Old 10-01-09, 12:55 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

damn it looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Premier Protective Films Matte Vinyl Wrap on IS350