IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-09, 02:11 PM
<3MYIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!

man im mad i took my car for a oil changed an to have my brakes inspected due to poor braking!!!! so im told that i have to replace the rotors! and its the 1st time i i replace the brake pads!!! is that normal??? the lady told me its normal for all the is250's to need new rotors & brake pads when pads are needed???? i find that hard to believe!!! this is my 1st car but i basicly took over my moms 04 gs300 an till this date we have never replaced the rotor!!!! what do you guys think???

well thats not even the mean issue i pick up my car and since i have never had any issue nor has my fam before i didnt inspect my car before i left! however when i got home dude i walk by my car and i noticed that my front bumper was cracked !!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i called an told the assistant manager an they said they will give me a call back the next day cuz every 1 was gone ,long story short they dont want to repair it becuase i didnt notice it before i left!!!!!!!!!! however my dam service consultant sarah said the car was already like that when it came in and she did the walk around... so i said why did u not take note of it when you inspected the car ,... she noted about 4 or 5 other things that were a lot smaller how could she not take note of the crack... service manager basically said he will not replace the bumper because i have the bumper scratched from pulling into drive ways and just gave me a alot of bs

i called corporate and i was told i would hear from them within two business days ...

what do you think i can do????
Attached Thumbnails They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!-damage-1.jpg   They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!-damage-2.jpg   They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!-damage-3.jpg  
Old 08-08-09, 02:43 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

That's why I hate dealers. I rather take it to a shop I trust and do the work than to a dealership. All they do is rip you off and give you a B grade job.
Old 08-08-09, 02:48 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

They dont replace the rotors, that would be wayyy to costly, what they do is resurface them, there is a difference.

As for the crack...i cant see the crack from your pictures, but you probably will lose your case cause you left the dealership... sorry about that.
Old 08-08-09, 03:01 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn i feel for ya. i had a bad experience at cerritos as well. there's a new service manager how is a ****. no one likes him there!!! even the employees.
Old 08-08-09, 04:01 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

damn that sucks man, time for a front lip i guess
Old 08-08-09, 04:09 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow never go to Cerritos Lexus!!

Westminster Lexus FTMW!!!!!
Old 08-08-09, 04:18 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

I know what you mean... I just came back from the dealer from getting a oil change and saw my rims are crubbed... wtf!!! I figure its useless saying anything now... FU#K
Old 08-08-09, 04:27 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
wow never go to Cerritos Lexus!!

Westminster Lexus FTMW!!!!!
+1

Cerritos lexus sucks!
Old 08-08-09, 04:39 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

as for the rotors, it should be covered under warranty. my 2008 Rav4 with 18000 miles needed resurfacing of the rotors because it was making sounds constantly while breaking. maybe try another Lexus for warranty coverage..

good luck
Old 08-08-09, 04:52 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry that you have to go through this, but that's why you should check out your car before you leave the dealership. consider this an expensive lesson.

on another note, there are a few places i trust to get service work done on my car. lexus of cerritos isn't one of them.
Old 08-08-09, 04:56 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin.IS
That's why I hate dealers. I rather take it to a shop I trust and do the work than to a dealership. All they do is rip you off and give you a B grade job.
+1 Kevin, it took me a long time to find a dealer I could trust!!
Old 08-08-09, 04:57 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Sorry about your luck. I always do a thorough "look over" before I take off from the dealership after getting my car serviced.
Old 08-08-09, 05:36 PM
Wisdom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted on what your hear from Corp.
Old 08-08-09, 05:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Sorry about your situation.
I've made it a point to have my service writer walk outside his booth and inspect my car inside and out each time. I've had one too many mishaps at VW and Audi to go through another. And "no wash" actualy ends up as a no wash. So far with Keyes, they've been flawless and I'm super satisfied. I've also worked with Westminster and they've been good too. Hope your situation works out.
Old 08-08-09, 06:05 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

damn sorry to hear that
if the lady did not mark that scratch when you pulled in, you can use that against them
and have them repair it..

Quick Reply: They messed up my car at cerittos lexus!!!!!