IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 07:38 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
Why would you want to shut the engine off remotely? Makes more sense that once you parked your car, you'd turn it off. Getting out of the car and using the remote is wrong!
if u turn it on accidentally or decide u dont actually wanna leave yet after you turned it on... i dont think anyone's really planning on waiting till after they get out to turn off the engine.
Old 02-22-07, 08:17 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Japan one key fob look huge like a remote control more than a key fob dude! Also if you could remote start your car why would you wanna to remote stop your engine!? For fun? I will be fine with the remote start without stopping the engine!... I wish there are someone could do it in Macau! Which I doubt it

Last edited by ISbb; 02-22-07 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 08:55 PM
blk06is350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would do this to mine if the factor fob range didn't suck!
Old 02-22-07, 10:35 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ISbb

The Japan one key fob look huge like a remote control more than a key fob dude! Also if you could remote start your car why would you wanna to remote stop your engine!? For fun? I will be fine with the remote start without stopping the engine!... I wish there are someone could do it in Macau! Which I doubt it

That's a nice fob, if ever i see one. Wouldnt mind it at all.
Old 02-22-07, 10:42 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jsquared
if u turn it on accidentally or decide u dont actually wanna leave yet after you turned it on... i dont think anyone's really planning on waiting till after they get out to turn off the engine.
In situations where you are stuck, saying trying to find something in the house and it takes longer than you think. You would use the remote to turn off the engine, that would work. But those situations are rare imo. For a quick trip in and out of the house you would just leave the engine going just to warm it up (or just turn it off before you go back into the house).
Old 02-22-07, 11:13 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ldc
In situations where you are stuck, saying trying to find something in the house and it takes longer than you think. You would use the remote to turn off the engine, that would work. But those situations are rare imo. For a quick trip in and out of the house you would just leave the engine going just to warm it up (or just turn it off before you go back into the house).
yeah, but i'd rather have the 'off' option than not...
Old 02-23-07, 12:29 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
It does exist. In Japan.
Here you go, Ray - just for you:

Ok, I couldn't resist... ACTUALLY, doesn't it exist in California too? (read: Carson has one, but hasn't tested it on a USDM IS for compatibility.)

Javier
Old 02-23-07, 07:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am all for a group buy! does anyone have access to getting prices and availability??? its better then having and aftermarket FOB and your existing Key FOB (this is if you get an aftermarket starter). i have had the aftermarket ones on other cars and you would be surprised how many times you pick up the thing and hit the button with out attending to. this is why its great to have the option to turn it off. i actuall did it last nite but i opened the trunk on her car and it was open all nite...OOPS! i was fumbling the key opening the door and i didnt go back out to pull it in the garage. thank god no one messed with it!

what is the range of the factory fob? can you integrate this key fob with an aftermarket starter? or can we get the whole system OEM that is required. i wonder if it will be less expensive to get the FOB and see if they can get it to transmit to an aftermarket system. i am willing to give it a try!!!

i have put off 3 times to get it installed in my car. i want to get this to work with the factory key fob. we just had it put in my fiances car but she has an acura so its a lot less complicated. i find we drive her car more when its cold becuase of this. unless there is snow i want to drive the Lexus. i am still on the summer tires in Chicago and they love the cold and the snow. but when it gets bad we just take her car. makes more sense then to have the tires and rims sitting in the garage. i have done this one to many times on other cars and we get maybe 4 bad snow storms.
Old 02-23-07, 09:10 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start

We still have one complete unit in stock, but have not been able to find a test car. If anyone is local to Carson, CA and wants to try it out send me a PM. We can work something out on price and installation.

Old 02-23-07, 09:21 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
We still have one complete unit in stock, but have not been able to find a test car. If anyone is local to Carson, CA and wants to try it out send me a PM. We can work something out on price and installation.

i wish i could, but i have no backup car and you guys are a little too far north for me.
Old 02-23-07, 09:59 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex

i just sent a message! i am interseted if you can ship it to me. it has everything to install it? lets get this done please!!! i will be the brave one and give it a shot.
Old 02-23-07, 12:22 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this thing works, Carson-Lex could can you get more of these in? Group Buy maybe?
Old 02-23-07, 12:53 PM
pocky
mooncake master

I don't think it's as easy and plug n play. Will probably require some "smart" re-wiring and tapping.

First thing I noticed it in Japan the remote fobs do not have a Panic button. This already is a first indication that things are different between the two "systems".

Everything is possible. I still like to see this thing in person. Never had a chance. Maybe tomorrow? Is Gordon gonna be there?
Old 02-23-07, 01:57 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yes Group BUY!!!! Luis at Carson is looking into it for me. there has to be a way to make this work...once i have more info i will post for everyone!
Old 02-23-07, 03:22 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Count me in!

Quick Reply: Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)