IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

GREAT time at a traffic-light today =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-08, 09:21 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GREAT time at a traffic-light today =)

well, this happened to me a couple hours ago and i have to post it for 2 reasons
1) i thnk its funny and 2) i'm insanely proud of my new driving habits and selfcontrol lol

okay so i just moved down to florida, i get my car off the shipping trailor (in great condition btw if anyone saw my other post about that), and make a run to the grocery store to pick up food for myself. on my way home a light turns red, and i get the front middle spot.. and i hear a mustang roll up next to me

i glance over and see a girl around my age and give a nice little smile, and she smiles back, and then turns and says something to the driver... who leans forward, and is a guy my age.. obviously a boyfriend

he starts revving his engine like crazy, and i'm laughing to myself about how i'm notttt going to gun it like an idiot off the line (plus.. i have a 250 lol), where as usually, i'd be the one revving my little itty bitty engine =p

so the light turns green, and my new friend peels out and i can hear he's pretty much at WOT, even though i tried to make it clear that i didnt want to race him (visibly laughing when he started revving)

i accelerated somewhat normally-fast, but only up to 50mph (i dont speed anymore ) , and the mustang was a couple car lengths ahead, judging by distance growing between us, he was easily going 70+. The distance between the two of us was just big enough for the cop pulling out of the gas station to get in front of me and put his lights on to pull over the hormone filled mustang
i couldnt help but beep my horn a bunch of times as i passed by his slowing car =p, and needless to say, i made it to the next light first
i laughed my way home
count that as a win for an is250 vs a 4.0 mustang?

oh and p.s., the speedlimit was 45 and it was a work zone (although it was about 9.30 pm so probably no workers present) so i dont think my friend was laughing as hard as i was.
Old 08-17-08, 09:25 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the win Scythe!

what did you end up doing to protect it in shipping?
Old 08-17-08, 09:35 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

^^ the morning it was getting picked up i went out and put a very thick coat of wax on the front end of the car (front bumper/fender/hood/side mirrors) and let it dry on the car and didnt wipe it off, then when i got the car the first thing i did was wash it with a highly diluted dawn soap, and then re-waxed it and it looks perfect, didnt even get a scratch in transport (i got a good spot on the trailor which probably helped alot =) )
Old 08-17-08, 10:17 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

NO 4.0 mustangs i don't think, but congrats on the self-control. Riceboy civic want to take me on too. I just kinda pick my nose (figuratively).
Old 08-17-08, 10:20 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

i'd be laughing and beeping the horn too if i saw him got pulled over...i love the idiotic look on these street racers face when the are sitting on the side of the road, lol
Old 08-17-08, 10:30 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good self control... I would of been the one in trouble since i have the 350 and most likely would of just put that stang in its place
Old 08-17-08, 11:31 PM
sanchez469
Driver School Candidate

As much as I hate to say this but I wish you would have had like a 350 with no cops around and totally spanked his ***. I hate egotistical punks like that...revving their engine in their FORD!!! I would have loved to have seen his face go wtf kind of car was that. That's it I'm trading the mustang in what a p--ce of sh-t!! hehehe But I am glad you displayed self control and got the best of him.
Old 08-17-08, 11:38 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

wow, i hate those people with mustangs always trying to race non american cars. I ran into a mustang last week, he kept looking at me at the stop light. Then when light turn green he sped up and cut me off. So then of course, I hate getting disrespected, I sped up and drove up next to him and look at him and cut him off. He then changed lanes next to me and i hear him gun it. He soon jumped like 2 CL because I didn't know he would gun it for no reason. Then I gun it too, and by 100, i couldn't see him in my rear view anymore. And of course, I had to slow down and put on my hazards.
Old 08-17-08, 11:52 PM
Kayo
Rookie

Well, since I bought an IS350 i've been driving more assertively. Which is not my style. Usually, I am laid back and let the traffic happen as it will. I don't engage under any circumstances. When there is a clean open road, I will motor. For the sensation of motoring.

However, your situation is hilarious. You have to love it when you throw your hands up in the air and wonder where the cops are. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was driving over to a friends house and the smoked VW pulls out 100 yards in front of me without discretion while i'm going fifty in a one land road. I knew that just after him the road went to two lanes and then to a dual turn light that is always red and rights only.

Normally I would just relax and sit behind him, but I thumped him and then took my lane back. He seemed to forget that he totally cut me off with no regard and started mouthing and fingering. Then he starts revving his engine and lurching. This light takes 4-5 minutes to change so it was real awkward. I just kinda focused forward and kept listening to music. While the whole time he was gyrating and gesturing like some dum dum.

As soon as the light changed we both gunned it but I slowed down at 45 and he kept going. On the second dual turn lane after the light a cop merged and flipped his lights on. As I slowly drove by him, I gave him the thumbs up. He may not have gotten a ticket if I hadn't take the lane away. It still bothers me, because discourteous drivers that pull out without warning and then have no remorse or understanding are my pet peeve.

One of those moments where the cops came in handy.
Old 08-18-08, 04:28 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

where in florida did you move to??
Old 08-18-08, 06:39 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kayo
This light takes 4-5 minutes to change so it was real awkward. I just kinda focused forward and kept listening to music. While the whole time he was gyrating and gesturing like some dum dum.
This really made my day
Old 08-18-08, 09:08 AM
LCDKikeIS
Driver School Candidate

Were in Florida Scythe.
Old 08-18-08, 09:49 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

where are you ^^ lol!
Old 08-18-08, 09:51 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

I had the same kind of thing happen at a stoplight when I got my first car It's always funny to see street racers get pulled over
Old 08-18-08, 10:54 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

hahaha sucks for Mr. Mustang.