Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^wth, why you want my coilovers when you got AIR already?? lolz
Old 04-22-09, 01:09 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^wth, why you want my coilovers when you got AIR already?? lolz
cause i have the UAS bags installed on my stock struts. I need to replace it. But if you get airrunner you should be good cause its a full coil replacement also.
Old 04-22-09, 01:10 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I would do AR if you have the money. If not then do UAS/Tanabe, since you already have the coils. I wish I was closer to help you do the install, cause $1200 is killer!
Old 04-22-09, 02:04 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
I just got quoted this morning for ACC air runners for 4500 plus 1200 for installation. What do you guys think? Is that the same as UAS? I already have tanabe coilovers so which setup is the correct way to do it?? Help me make up my mind guys
UAS FTW for me man
Air runner is also good, but IMO nothing beats the quality of UAS bags

Installing the Air system is not that hard, but it is freakin complicated to run the wires
Old 04-22-09, 02:31 PM
j_spec
Driver

man, this reminds me of my old lowrider days. i wanted some hydro's so bad but never got a chance too.. sick rides..
Old 04-22-09, 03:49 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
UAS FTW for me man

Installing the Air system is not that hard, but it is freakin complicated to run the wires
hmm still cant decided. I might go the same route like you and iSuxel but if I get a better deal i might try ACC air instead. I dont want to copy.
I'm hoping this guy gives me a better deal cause I think hes going to help me out with the supercharger. Just waiting for a response
Old 04-22-09, 05:10 PM
kameamalu
Driver

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
UAS FTW for me man
A couple of things you should know is that the Airrunner setup uses sleeves instead of bellow bags. That means that the actual strut system is a lot skinnier that the typical bellow bag, thus reducing risk of bag puncture. The install is cleaner, but both setups (correct me if i'm wrong) use firestone bags, so the quality is the same.

On a side note, Airrunner makes an OG kit, which stands for on the ground kit. It basically is the same airrunner kit on a adjustible coilover spring so you can ride low without bottoming out. This is the basic premise behind the UAS system i.e. bellow bag over coilover shock.

The plus to Airrunner is the quaility. Everything is included in the kit, no custom fabrication needed. However customizing your setup will be impractical.

The plus and down side to UAS is complete customization, there are no kits, just parts.

If you want to be rediculously different, go with BOLDWORLD air suspension. Super sexy setup with a rediculous price tag. This is the equivalant to Gucci or Louis Vitton of air suspension.

Finally, i suggest doing the air management electronically, that way the air is relased in the trunk and it's super quiet. Nothing says class like silently dropping the car at the touch a remote.

Sorry, i have nothing against UAS, it was just at the time when i wanted to buy air, UAS was not known for quality, and the fitment for the vehicle called for some moderate modifications. I wanted complete bolt on and quality, that way when it comes time to trade the car in, everything can be returned to stock.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and i'll try to answer them
Old 04-22-09, 05:17 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I would do AR if you have the money. If not then do UAS/Tanabe, since you already have the coils. I wish I was closer to help you do the install, cause $1200 is killer!
haha thanks bro, but its cool. I know you're a busy person and I wouldnt feel right asking you to help me out. I'm that kind of person. you know what i mean. lolz i think 1200 is the average cost to install these dang systems
Old 04-22-09, 05:22 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

KaMeamalu thats exactly what my friend told me. I guess you know your Air's lol.. Thanks for explaining everything clearly cause it helps me and others understand a little bit more about these systems.. Oh yeah i'm waiting for a quote for the BOLDWORLD air's.. Yeah i'm trying to do it once and do right. Its going to cost me but I know its going to be worlth it
Old 04-22-09, 06:03 PM
kameamalu
Driver

No prob. I'll try and get some pictures of the install, but see how much your shop will charge you to do the digital air management system (i.e. electro valve solenoids, bigger half inch lines, etc.) Airrunner offers this kit, so if you want seamless integration try that route. The system is small enough to tuck in the spare tire well system. PM me if you need more info.
Old 04-22-09, 06:34 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What i really wanna know, is what kind of modification is needed to make the pancake style air tank installed in the 2IS trunk?

Does everyone upgrade to the digital guage?

@Kameamalu: i know what your talking about the quietness, i was surprised to hear a IS with airruners, that thing was dead silent! When i heard it, i fell in love but i never asked for a price because i know its above 4k...
Old 04-22-09, 07:57 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

hm..nice review and explanation kameamalu
I guess I'm little biased on UAS since I owned one , but my system was also direct bolt on,,I did not modify anything on my car to install this. Well, I had to use some screws to bolt my valves, but that was it

I haven't seen Airrunner yet, but I will like to see its set up

and Ben
I have upgraded to the digital gauge~! Dakota system.
as far as I know, this is one of the BEST systems in the market
I've talked to many different guys and they all told me..
"it's the best out there..I'll recommend it if you can afford it..."
Old 04-22-09, 08:29 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^same here no real modification at all. Just little stuff here and there. Just very complicated to run all the lines and everything if you dont know how to do it.
Old 04-23-09, 12:27 AM
kameamalu
Driver

Sweet!!! So that's good to hear that they are much better. Any way I really do like the Dakota digital gauges, I agree that the system is perfect. Also for those that are just gettitng in to the air game, what psi do you guys run? For me I run daily height at 92 and 86 psi on the front and 82 in the rear. To ride dirty, I put it at 65 and 70 in the front and 56 psi in the rear. There's a slight rub, but I burry my rim in the fender, so much that I can't turn the wheel too much, or I'll roll my fender.
Old 04-23-09, 12:52 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

yeah Dakota digital gauges is the ***** man

and I do run 92/88 F and 88/89 R psi for daily driving
when I slam the car, I still have 35~40 psi left on my bag
which means, I can re-adjust my bags and drop it even more
but I'm freaking slam and pretty happy where I am right now hehehe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★