IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why I can never go back to HID kits in halogen projectors... Pic Intensive

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 01:21 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shank2117
my HID kit produces just as much lighting output as that. That "HID" kit you pictured looks like a halogen blue bulb that they sell on ebay for $1
LOL. I needed a good laugh, thanks.
Old 03-17-09, 07:28 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

New pictures comparing stock HID output to my set up on page 1. Also added comparison wall picture for the before Kit and after retrofit. Thanks 100Plus for offering to take comparison pics !

If anyone would like to take comparison pics between halogen projectors with kits and my new setup in queens, i wouldn't mind either

Last edited by ELL Y; 03-17-09 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-17-09, 10:50 PM
Chadley6mt
Driver

Originally Posted by Tchan1
Lemme guess, you have 6000k or 8000k HID kit and you think that it's brighter cause you can see more of your blue color? It's just your eyes playing tricks thinking that the blue is brighter than the yellowish color the 4300k puts out. You also said that your light pattern is different, it's probably hot spots and your light is not evenly spread out. So I wouldn't think that your lights are that superior.
Um no, im running 4300k im not stupid, i dont mistake colour for light output. however i dont have a run down confined space to take a pic reletivley close to elly's but i will let you know that i dont feel my lights are superior. im just saying.. for the money spent for this virtually usless addition is hopelessly impractical like everything else americans do..
Old 03-18-09, 02:22 AM
dotkong
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chadley6mt
um no, im running 4300k im not stupid, i dont mistake colour for light output. However i dont have a run down confined space to take a pic reletivley close to elly's but i will let you know that i dont feel my lights are superior. Im just saying.. For the money spent for this virtually usless addition is hopelessly impractical like everything else americans do..

oh $h!t he pulled the american card!!
Old 03-18-09, 02:32 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadley6mt
Um no, im running 4300k im not stupid, i dont mistake colour for light output. however i dont have a run down confined space to take a pic reletivley close to elly's but i will let you know that i dont feel my lights are superior. im just saying.. for the money spent for this virtually usless addition is hopelessly impractical like everything else americans do..
If you got no pictures of your GREAT 4300k, do the american thing and take a picture.
Old 03-18-09, 04:02 AM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, so like how we americans do eh? So me as a chinese american joining the marines and going to iraq and fighting for my country being a patriot is impractical and wasting my time?
Old 03-18-09, 07:18 AM
shadow191
Pole Position

And yet you drive a Lexus when a Corolla would be far more practical.

Old 03-18-09, 09:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Chadley - way out of line comment, you've got an infraction for that. please don't comment further in this thread. PM me or another moderator if you want to say anything further.

everyone else, ignore what he said.
Old 03-18-09, 12:23 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

it's funny that the PnP guys get so defensive with their ebay kit...when it's a general knowledge that an HID retrofit is the way to go. Either they're too ignorant to realize that or they just never been in a car with true HIDs

your regular pnp kit is 55w, while true HID systems are 35w...imagine that, better illumination with half the power. Imagine if he uses 55w bulb, he would blow you out the road

if you want the best you got to pay for it...that's the difference. Think of it this way, you are a F student, if you bother to read up on school material you'd get a C+ and to some people that's enough. But if you're an A student, just think of how hard you must study to get an A+...and I'll let you decide which one some people are.

Personally i think you just wasted...someones time.

Last edited by Kaydee; 03-18-09 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-18-09, 12:46 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

this thread is getting HOT...retrofit FTW...nahh i dont have $$$ maybe one of this daysss...
Old 03-23-09, 06:14 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

So what makes the SC430 projector lenses better than the IS350's?

And are you guys comparing apples to apples? Like stock HID's to this setup? Or are you just comparing aftermarket HID's to this setup?
Old 03-24-09, 12:56 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Crester
So what makes the SC430 projector lenses better than the IS350's?

And are you guys comparing apples to apples? Like stock HID's to this setup? Or are you just comparing aftermarket HID's to this setup?
I have shown pictures comparing outputs between my setup versus stock hids as well as my setup versus my old HID kit setup on page one.

The SC430 Projector is superior to the 2IS stock projectors for several reasons. The IS250/350 bulb side entry projector design limits the width and size of the projector. In general, a wider projector will result in a wider output on the road, along with other factors (such as the LS430 projector that has little chrome reflectors to further increase width). The addition of a clear lens, as opposed to the stock foggy looking fresneled lens further improves output, as well as sharpens the cutoff and increases the color right at the top (the blue color you see at the top of some of my pictures). A fresneled or dimpled lens diffuses some of the light, so that the contrast between the cutoff's bright and dark areas doesn't result in as much eyestrain for the driver. However, the bluish cutoff largely becomes limited. There might be some other reasons, but I didn't really study the 2IS projector too much.

I'm a little HID crazed, and being able to shine bright light two, three lanes to the sides is something that I enjoy immensely. Obviously, it's not for everyone.
Old 03-24-09, 01:23 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

so who do I send my headlights to? those are awesome man...
Old 03-24-09, 02:59 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELL Y
I'm a little HID crazed, and being able to shine bright light two, three lanes to the sides is something that I enjoy immensely. Obviously, it's not for everyone.
I find myself looking at my lights and seeing how wide it is more than paying attention to the road all the time, hahaha
Old 03-25-09, 09:43 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

Damn ELL Y im so jealous of your HIDs... love them sooooooo much

Quick Reply: Why I can never go back to HID kits in halogen projectors... Pic Intensive