IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The one and only: Panda IS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-09, 06:36 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
LMAO well i was first (well JavyLSU and iSuxel were first but w/e)
You got that right! haha I think I was first PAINTED, isn't javyLSU vinyl?
Old 02-23-09, 09:23 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Looks SICK Rob!!!

Cant wait to see the pics from your upcoming meet
i cant wait till the meet period!!

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You got that right! haha I think I was first PAINTED, isn't javyLSU vinyl?
JavyLSU is painted... well i think so!

BTW we got the disc with all the pics tonight so they will be up tomm!!

Last edited by Robs IS250; 02-23-09 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 05:55 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

nice good quality pictures
Old 02-24-09, 07:16 AM
alexabreu
Driver School Candidate

yo what up bro i met you this weekend and u had told me about this meet up in sarasota, im supr down to go and i want to kno more info give me a call cuz im down to ride !!!!! yo those pics coame out badasss !!!!!
Old 02-24-09, 02:26 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

LOL thanks man. just call me up and get your room ASAP
Old 02-26-09, 04:18 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Pics updated on page 1!
Old 02-26-09, 04:26 AM
moses0324
Driver

am i the only one who thinks the panda theme looks retarded...you took a clean vehicle and muddled it up with color changes in irregular areas. its like looking at a abstract piece of art in which i cant figure out what is going on. maybe it would look better if the skirts and lip were painted white and only the trunk and hood were black...
Old 02-26-09, 06:20 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Is this your car?!? Or better yet do you not know forum rules?

A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2nd Gen IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:

* Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
* Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue
* Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
* Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Thanks have a nice day!
Old 02-26-09, 06:28 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO!! thanks for ruining my thread with that long *** post LOL!!

its ok though its just some1's opinion... i take it he would do something else to an IS but thats cool...
Old 02-26-09, 07:43 AM
moses0324
Driver

^^^hahaha

this is a forum not pre school. a forum is supposed to be an opinionated place, get used to it!! it was my personal opinion and if you dont like it then write a response saying otherwise. stop trying to create an invisible security umbrella over the website because it will be neither helpful nor beneficial. "its the internet"

e-thug - hahaa

part of helping eachother is a basis of opinion. if something doesnt look good they should be told. we arent 5 years old. I think we can take peoples ideas and work with them.

my intent was nothing personal to the OP. I dont know him personally, I just dont like the look. "SHOOT ME" Like the OP said, I would do something different. We leave it at that. I hope you see my way of thinking and apply it to future threads!!!

It would be different if it were a personal attack on the persons religion, race, etc. but it wasnt so relax.

Last edited by moses0324; 02-26-09 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-26-09, 07:52 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
^^Is this your car?!? Or better yet do you not know forum rules?

A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2nd Gen IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:

* Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
* Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue
* Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
* Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Thanks have a nice day!
I just wanted to have this quoted for posterity's sake for when I have to use it in the future...

Javier
Old 02-26-09, 07:54 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by moses0324
am i the only one who thinks the panda theme looks retarded...you took a clean vehicle and muddled it up with color changes in irregular areas. its like looking at a abstract piece of art in which i cant figure out what is going on. maybe it would look better if the skirts and lip were painted white and only the trunk and hood were black...
There are several other ways to express your opinion other than the way you did, using words like 'retarded.' I suggest you familiarize yourself with them, and with the sense of community we try to foster on this forum.

Javier
Old 02-26-09, 11:49 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I can't believe some of the posts I've had to remove. This is the last time I will ask for some respect and maturity to be displayed in this thread. It's not fair to the OP to have his thread closed because of rude, insulting, and condescending posts by OTHER people. No one is saying you have to like anything, but to quote the 2IS sense of community thread, (which has already been quoted SEVERAL times in this thread)
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Insults are not. We've all worked very hard to make the 2IS forum a great one. Please don't ruin all we've accomplished in 3+ years.

Javier
Old 02-26-09, 11:50 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks sick Rob! Liking the bbk's and black roof!
Old 02-26-09, 03:09 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Rob, have you ever try to take apart your trunk? (you know how your lower portion can be part out?)
anyways, hate your car cuz it's sexy..love those CF
how about some CF rims to finish off??

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-26-09 at 07:57 PM. Reason: comment on deleted thread removed

Quick Reply: The one and only: Panda IS!