IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No Mark Levinson for 2009! what???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 04:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by gocubs08
Well, I called back my local dealership on Phoenix and asked to speak with the manager, he told me that it could be possible to special order it, but that he would have to charge me MSRP and even then he says their is a chance the order will not go through. WTF??? I'm getting so tired of the run around, I even called around LA area and no dealerships have any ML 350's or even 250's for that matter..
Have you tried Superstition Springs Lexus? If you haven't, call and ask for James Santiago, He's the internet sales manager. He's a hell of a nice guy. If you call, mention me. IMHO, the other Phoenix dealer's are not that hungry for business Superstition Springs has a lot of inventory, and will deal. I bought my wife's ES from them in November, and my F in December

Lou
Old 02-11-09, 04:18 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you can get ML on 09's, one of our members here has one...
Old 02-11-09, 04:45 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

And if a dealer ever tells you he has to charge MSRP for a special order, find a better dealer.

Mine was a special order, I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP.
Old 02-11-09, 05:56 PM
Cardude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

New to the forum and first time posting.

I special ordered a 2009 IS350 with sport package and Navigation + ML in November and according to the dealer it should be arriving within a week or so. They have not mentioned anything about ML not being available and confirmed the particulars when I got an update at the beginning of January. I know ML is not that common and might be hard to find.

Unless something has changed I think this could just be the result of dealers trying to sell cars that are available now instead of waiting to make the sale from a special order.

I guess I can confirm in a week or so when my car comes in.
Old 02-11-09, 06:25 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also informed that lexus will no longer do touch screen
Old 02-11-09, 07:00 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardude
Hi all,

Unless something has changed I think this could just be the result of dealers trying to sell cars that are available now instead of waiting to make the sale from a special order.

99% of the time when a dealer says he can't do/get something he's just lying to convince you to buy what he's stuck with sitting on the lot.

Congrats on the special order BTW, enjoy the car!
Old 02-11-09, 08:33 PM
i350
Driver School Candidate

Up here in Canada, we have '09 IS350 with ML available. I just purchased one last week fully loaded. Only two things it didn't come with this year for the Premium Package was the sport tuned suspension and sports pedals. My friend has the '07 model and his came with those two options. Are you looking for one with navi or without?
Old 02-11-09, 08:59 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a Black/Black 350 with Navi/ML. I want to pay around 40k max. Just isnt happening for me. I will just keep trying. I just can't believe dealers will let me walk this day and age! Crazy

I have not tried Superstition Springs Lexus, I will give him a call tomorrow! thx!

But yea, when I type in any west coast zip code on Lexus.com to build my IS350, it doesnt even give me ML as an option..
Old 02-11-09, 09:13 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

You're having trouble because 350's are in very short supply, ESPECIALLY in black on black.

We did a locate for a customer, and there wasn't a single Premium Package-only black/black IS 350 in the entire USA. ML is a moderately rare option on the 350's anyway, and they just aren't building that many to start with.

Wanting to pay $40K, it will be tough. It's about a $43K, $44K car with nav/Lev, and figure about 10% mark-up in the car, you're not leaving them a whole lot of profit. So what's the incentive to do it, especially on a car that, if they get in, they can sell for a lot more profit?
Old 02-12-09, 01:40 AM
UCLAJimmy
Pole Position

owned!!! lollol
Old 02-12-09, 01:42 AM
Nok99
Rookie

I got my '09 350 a couple months ago and the dealer already had one in stock with all the bells and whistles...the only thing I didn't care for was the nav., but I don't mind having one either.
Old 02-12-09, 07:33 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I called back my local dealership on Phoenix and asked to speak with the manager, he told me that it could be possible to special order it, but that he would have to charge me MSRP and even then he says their is a chance the order will not go through. WTF??? I'm getting so tired of the run around, I even called around LA area and no dealerships have any ML 350's or even 250's for that matter..
So--he'd rather try and rape you by quoting you MSRP and make no sale?? Makes no sense.
Old 02-12-09, 07:33 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
I was also informed that lexus will no longer do touch screen
2010 RX is not touch screen.
Old 02-12-09, 04:04 PM
Cardude
Driver School Candidate

I speacial ordered 2009 IS350 with sport and Nav/ML in November. No problem and I did not pay MSRP. The dealers are giving you the run-around becasue they want you to buy today and are trying to leverage the fact that you want something unusual to convince you to pay MSRP. There is absolutely no additional cost to a dealer to special order than if the same car showed up as part of the regular inventory. Shop around. Somebody should be willing to order you a car at a reasonable (not MSRP) price.

Good luck
Old 02-12-09, 10:27 PM
hungryboi
Driver School Candidate

anybody know if it's possible to get the ML in the IS250? Can it be installed "aftermarket" so to speak?

This is for Canada btw.

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: No Mark Levinson for 2009! what???