IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Options for ipod audio AND video integration through navscreen??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-09, 01:14 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for ipod audio AND video integration through navscreen??

I currently have an ipod integration system. The place that installed it says it's a "soundgate" product and this is what they said they installed:

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...usereferrer=1&

However...when integrated, vaistech logos appear on the ipod so I assume the companies are merely affiliated.

I want ipod audio integration and i want passengers to be able to watch ipod videos through the navscreen (in motion).

Are there any single units that allow this? If not...is there a product I can purchase that will worth WITH my soundgate to allow video playback?

I called Navtool and they said it would require actually changing plugs from my soundgate....into their product using some ipod cables. I'm not sure that's likely to be convenient.

Help?
Old 02-07-09, 01:08 PM
DDAY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, I looked through the manual for the Soundgate and it is identical (minus the cover page) to the Vaistech SLi manual that I have. So, I think they are the same exact product. You seem to want what I want: A unit that will allow you to have the ipod audio and video integration. Are you not interested in the SL2Vi? It requires purchasing the NavHack from Prestigious Society to watch the videos in motion (not if you do the hack yourself), but it allows video in motion and ipod integration. I just found out that you cannot control the videos from the touchscreen itself, but you have to do it from the ipod. The audio, however, works on the screen. I'm also looking into NavVideo as well. It seems like there are more and more products coming out that will accomodate this.
Old 02-07-09, 01:16 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Vaistech SL2vi and it works great. For the iPod videos while in motion there's a nice do-it-yourself thread on this website that will teach you how to bypass the wheel speed sensor. basically lying to the navi unit that the car is at a standstill and that's what I've done to allow the viewing of movies during driving.