IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LX Mode Grille- knockoff or original???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 07:36 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the LX Mode only comes in chrome and gunmetal. That is another thing that signals a red flag to me because the vendor is telling me that they get it from Japan unpainted, except for the chrome, and they can color match any color. I'm heated right now because I'm being played for a fool and I definitely am not!
Old 01-22-09, 07:40 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to contact the vendor you purchased from.
Old 01-22-09, 07:45 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the Carson Tuned one

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-06-07-gs.html
Old 01-22-09, 07:47 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

hows the fitting...usually i mean usally knock offs are a lil off, like the carson tuned/blitz mesh grille replicas, i saw a real bad fittment at the socal christmas meet, dont want to say who it was but man i was really off,
Old 01-22-09, 07:49 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

interesting thread- wish I had some input to offer
Old 01-22-09, 07:53 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Your best bet is to contact the vendor you purchased from.
Jon, in earlier posts I explained how I contacted them and was fed a bunch of crap, like LX Mode boxes IS grilles with GS labels and vice versa. The grille looks nice on my car, but if I paid for authentic that's what I should get!
Old 01-22-09, 07:55 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonjon83
hows the fitting...usually i mean usally knock offs are a lil off, like the carson tuned/blitz mesh grille replicas, i saw a real bad fittment at the socal christmas meet, dont want to say who it was but man i was really off,
The fitting was near perfect. I had no problems getting it on.
Old 01-22-09, 07:58 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if the vendor has been established for a while here on CL then I'm sure its not a knock off. If the fitment was good and it looks good to you, then just go with that. If not return it and get it where you know for sure its real.
Old 01-22-09, 08:00 PM
Vossen FGD
Former Sponsor

Well if the vendor has been established for a while here on CL then I'm sure its not a knock off. If the fitment was good and it looks good to you, then just go with that. If not return it and get it where you know for sure its real.
well said it doesn't look fake to me btw... looks just like a LX-Mode.. and if it is a knock off... then +1 for a good knock off!
Old 01-22-09, 08:01 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

I have to agree. You have to have trust in what you bought and from whom.

If you're having your doubts, it may be better to just return it, because in your mind (and, perhaps rightfully so), it will always be fake.
Old 01-22-09, 08:04 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

It is an established vendor, but I don't want to put their name out there. The fitment is good and it looks good, but it's the other things I mentioned that make me question the authenticity of the product, especially when the vendor is telling me straight lies like LX Mode sends it to them unpainted, except for the chrome, and they can color match it to any color. Anyone that knows anything about these grilles would know that it only comes in gunmetal and chrome.
Old 01-22-09, 08:14 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by AZ06IS350
Anyone that knows anything about these grilles would know that it only comes in gunmetal and chrome.
That's not necessarily true.

LX-mode may just have it available in gunmetal and chrome for sale under the LX-mode name to select vendors. Meanwhile, they may be available unpainted to other vendors for resale after painting.

for example, AFAIK ford racing wheels are technically "aftermarket" vs. take-off rims. They are available from many sources.....basically anyone who's a Ford Racing Dealer.
But the wheels are IDENTICAL and are the same as what you'd get from the ford dealership if ordering a replacement wheel. They have different part numbers on paper, but IIRC they are stamped with the right part numbers in the wheels themselves.

Would I say that I have a "knock-off" wheel ----> NO. just because it's not a take-off wheel or bought from the dealer doesn't mean it's not the same thing that goes on the car itself. I believe that they are made by the same people and just labeled/marketed for aftermarket vs. assembly.

Last edited by mikes rx; 01-22-09 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-22-09, 08:26 PM
Rash
hmm

Btw I read somewhere that the carson-tuned grill also have LX-mode stamped in the back of the grill, why? I don't know.
Old 01-22-09, 08:40 PM
AZ06IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Btw I read somewhere that the carson-tuned grill also have LX-mode stamped in the back of the grill, why? I don't know.
When I spoke with the vendor about it this afternoon and asked for proof that it is authentic since I wasn't given anything, that is what he kept referring to was the LX Mode stamped on the back of the grill. I know that means nothing and I kept saying that and anything else that was said by him didn't make any sense to me.
Old 01-22-09, 08:48 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I was just re-reading my old posting and Haha i got into a argument with "ILOVEGIRLS" about the authenticity.

Quick Reply: LX Mode Grille- knockoff or original???